Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fml

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fml
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fucking broke down in sparks Nevada. 2 minutes from summit. Fml...

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What broke?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hate it when that happens! Sorry. I always just expect my car will break down at the worst possible time. With my last car ('90 CA Edition Saleen), the more mods I did, the more likely it would leave me stranded. Sucks!

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
3.6 pulley, 80# inj, GT500 fuel pump, Saleen Extreme CAI
Installs & tune by AED

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you spend the greater part of the morning and afternoon In the ER with your wife? No? Then STFU and call for a tow [Razz]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AAA

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Quit crying and fix it
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy a better car!!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I figured out it was the fuel pump. Walked 2 miles to the summit racing building, bought a pump, 102 piece craftsman kit, and electrical kit, a jack and stands. Thank god for nice people. Had some dude drive me back to me car. Dropped the tank and swapped the pump in the black bear diner parking lot. Now she runs titties.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Well I figured out it was the fuel pump. Walked 2 miles to the summit racing building, bought a pump, 102 piece craftsman kit, and electrical kit, a jack and stands. Thank god for nice people. Had some dude drive me back to me car. Dropped the tank and swapped the pump in the black bear diner parking lot. Now she runs titties.

+1 Sick Ass Story Lol

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sux it haapened like that but at least u had a good ending and didnt have to tow it
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool story bro.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my fuel pump go out on my way into South Lake Tahoe once. I ended up getting the car to start and drove it into town where it died again, I grabbed a fuel pump and changed it in a parking lot. I didn't drop the tank though, I pulled the wire harness out grommet out of the body and played can opener with vice grips to expose the top of the tank. I replaced the pump, pushed the metal back down and drove it home. I later cut the metal clean and made an access cover. I've done that on 3 of my foxes so far, cut a cover so I can pull the pump and not drop the tank.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707
¯
Member # 6243

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707  Ford pictures for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I had my fuel pump go out on my way into South Lake Tahoe once. I ended up getting the car to start and drove it into town where it died again, I grabbed a fuel pump and changed it in a parking lot. I didn't drop the tank though, I pulled the wire harness out grommet out of the body and played can opener with vice grips to expose the top of the tank. I replaced the pump, pushed the metal back down and drove it home. I later cut the metal clean and made an access cover. I've done that on 3 of my foxes so far, cut a cover so I can pull the pump and not drop the tank.

--------------------
1993 red cobra
1973 celica chevy 406/t5/narrow 9
1969 camaro
1992 lx hatch

88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Parking lot repairs are always the best storys [patriot] glad to hear you made it out of this one without a tow
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

That sounds way funner to do than dropping the tank in a parking lot.

Well I went to fire it up again and nothing for about 5 minutes of on and off cranking then it fired up again and runs fine. I wonder what it can be now!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

its begging for you to quit being lazy and install your new shit.

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike your fat ass walked how far!
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Originally posted by 98z28:

Hahaha I fucking hate you! But yeah 2 miles. I needed a few cheeseburgers after that.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
quote:

Hahaha I fucking hate you! But yeah 2 miles. I needed a few cheeseburgers after that.
Ha ha ha, yea I bet your body was going in attack mode for some calories! Lol.
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

quote:
quote:

with or with out the bun, keto man?

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com