Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How far would you go to save your pets life ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How far would you go to save your pets life ?
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen a couple people lose their beloved pets lately. This is a very tragic thing as they become a major part of the family and everyday life.

Just curious ................................
To what extreme would you go to save your pet ?

I had to ponder this question 15 months ago when our 7 year old Jack Russell terrior mix was diagnosed with Limphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes)
This was a sudden shock to us as from the time we noticed the swollen glands to diagnoses 2 weeks later. They gave 1 week until it took his life.
After consulting the FANTASTIC people at VCA pet referal center in Rancho Cordova (50/Bradshaw)
We decided to go ahead with cancer treatment consisting of chemotherapy and radiation. (weekly chemo w/ two radiation sessions)
I have more invested in this dog than most of the people do in their cars here.
15 months later his cancer is still in remission.
He is a VERY happy and healthy (along with VERY spoiled) dog that never stops amazing us with his intelligence and sometimes human like behavior/mannerisms.
I can not say enough about the great people at VCA, they are great at what they do !!!!!!
Thanks to them we continue to build memories with our smallest family member.

-

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good story man. I have so much invested in my dog as well, mostly going to the vet. I do everything I can to make sure she is comfortable and happy. [Smile]
What I have invested into her does not exceed what I have into my car but I would sacrifice my car for her.
[patriot]

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would do anything in my power to save my dogs lives. It gets to the point where they become a family member rather then just a pet. I never used to be this attached to my dogs at a younger age but as I grew older they became part of my life and would hate to see the day they are gone. [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good story man, me and my family have spent money just to keep those little family members with us..
Why wouldn't you, but is sad that some relatives just lost a dog because they didnt give him shots and proper care... that made me mad [Mad]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Terriers have a BIG heart, stubborn and are a joy to own.
Great story. I hope everything goes well and you have a long time with your dog. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great story bro!good to hear bout cases like this!! i'd do the same!

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My dog is like my daughter I'd do anything to save her!

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great story, its funny because our pets become part of the family and there is no replacing your family!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Props to you for that.My wifes parents have a saint bernard with cancer.Theyve been sending her to chemo for months now and shes doing pretty well,but it is costing a fortune.I would do the same thing for my dogs,they hold almost as important a place in my family as our kids,hell,theyre like our kids to us and i wouldnt hesitate to give up all my car stuff to save one of them.
And for the record,VCA is extremely expensive.

[patriot]

-

[ August 11, 2011, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My last dog we had in our family for 8 years. He as well develoed lymphoma. Unfortunately the treatment was very costly. We had to put him down. I just can't justify spending 3k plus on an animal, whether you have had them 10 months or 10 years. If you have the money to comfortably blow, then I say do what you can. But if it's taking food out of my family's mouth, or the shoes off my feet to pay for them to be cured, it's an obvious decision. It may seem cold hearted, but my family and obligations will be tended to before an animal of any kind.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My two baby girls are my children and I'd give up everything I have for them if it came to it. I think that's awesome and hope you enjoy many more years with the company of such a beautiful dog!!!
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
financially I would go as far as I could. I wouldnt risk my life for our dog.

Last vet trip was over $200 for a skin rash....

sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We all have our hookups in life, my pops is a vet, so I've had the luxury of doing everything and anything I could for my critters, from turtles to horses.
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would do the same. My dog is like my son.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice story..I did the same as well..he was diagnosed with an extreme case of bronchitis. His airway was closing up making it hard for him to breathe an the vet said he was dying..only way to save him was to have surgery ASAP..the cost was $1800 but I didn't think twice about it..he was getting surgery the next day.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's great news. I would do whatever I can to help heal a sick dig as long as it can have the quality of life that all dogs deserve. Dogs are the only animals that give you unconditional love.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The joy and happiness I have received from my dog does not have a price. I would do financially anything to help him, even sell any of my cars without hestiation. But luckily I got insurance on him when he was small, so I get reimbursed some cost when I have to take him to the vet, except for his allergies. I would have done exactly what you did without a second thought. I wish you continued happiness with your dog. [patriot]

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com