Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dmv question please help.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Dmv question please help.
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so my car needs verification by a peace officer or dmv employee or licensed vehicle verifier so what the heck does that mean?

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Www.dmv.ca.gov. Do a search for "vehicle verification." I believe it is a reg or dmv 31. Take that and your vehicle to the local DMV office, CHP/PD/Sheriff station, or Auto Club and have them complete the form. They will verify the vin number on your vehicles dash and other panels, emission certification label, and odometer mileage. Make sure if it is not a DMV employee or peace officer that the Vehicle Verifier is licensed to complete and sign the form. Once its complete return that and all your documents to the DMV office.

Did you do this by mail or at the office? If in the office I am surprised you would leave the without getting these instructions or asking for info.

Are you bringing your vehicle in from out of state or reviving a junk/salvaged title?

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So how hard is this to get done.. [Confused]

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pretty easy.... my cougar was out of the system for many years with no real pink slip. A sheriff came out and just made sure all the vins were legit. I thought he would be trippin because the door vin was different than the rest of the car, but he said "just remove that one" lol..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:

Just drive up to DMV and park in the "vehicle verification" parking spot. There should be a DMV employee there that will have the paperwork ready. I last did one in 2002 and it was a busier DMV that didn't even have the parking spots out front, they actually had a drive-thru like set-up that went around the back of the building.

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ok sorry but do they check your under hood parts cuz i might not be all legal lol?

--------------------

940sick3
CAFords OG
Member # 2713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 940sick3  Ford pictures for 940sick3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think theres somebody on CAfords that works in the DMV... show your face! lol

i want to know if any police officer can do this VIN verification? i have a falcon i bought in AZ but i cant take it to the DMV because it doesnt run.

--------------------
87 5.0 LX coupe
68 Falcon futura sports coupe

Posts: 552 | From: everywhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+ 1 I have a mustang that needs all that good stuff. But Stang don't run at the moment [Frown]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As others mentinoed, get a sheriff to come verify the vehicle.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Too bad your not in sac my wife is a vin verifier

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just had mine done last month to reg the lx. Just pull up with the pink slip right next to the behind wheel lane and there should be a Vin verification lane they'll check the Vin under the Hood sign a paper and then you bring that in

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JBeezy53:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:

Just drive up to DMV and park in the "vehicle verification" parking spot. There should be a DMV employee there that will have the paperwork ready. I last did one in 2002 and it was a busier DMV that didn't even have the parking spots out front, they actually had a drive-thru like set-up that went around the back of the building.
Didn't see that +1

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com