Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what do you guys think about 3m's clear bra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what do you guys think about 3m's clear bra
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have them please tell me the bads and post pics [patriot]

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had Premier in Freemont install a custom clear bra on my Cobra. They covered the front bumper cover, hood, mirrors, and behind my front and rear tires. I hardly ever drive the car but love the wrap... I am not nearly as worried about rock chips and you cannot see it. The only negatives are expense and possibly a bit more maintenance. I use a special cleaner on it every time I drive the car and make sure to be gentle around the edges when I wipe it down. Not sure this is necessary but I have seen other people lift edges by accident.

I would post pictures but there is no reason- it is totally invisible!

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice thanks for the input what is the price range on something like that?

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Premier is probably the most expensive place in the US for wraps but they do great work. Mine was more because of the extra coverage, but a basic kit for the front bumper cover and hood starts at $800.

EDIT- the price I mentioned is installed.

[ July 13, 2011, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: 68gtscode ]

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68gtscode:
I had Premier in Freemont install a custom clear bra on my Cobra. They covered the front bumper cover, hood, mirrors, and behind my front and rear tires. I hardly ever drive the car but love the wrap... I am not nearly as worried about rock chips and you cannot see it. The only negatives are expense and possibly a bit more maintenance. I use a special cleaner on it every time I drive the car and make sure to be gentle around the edges when I wipe it down. Not sure this is necessary but I have seen other people lift edges by accident.

I would post pictures but there is no reason- it is totally invisible!

I have a buddy who works there. They do some top notch work and the cars that roll thru there are amazing.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have it in my corolla [Big Grin] just wish I did the hood as well...
it works for sure and makes cleaning off the bug a lot easier

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you're going to do it, try to get a couple of cars together to do it and you'll get a good discount with premiere if you ask and offer to pay cash.

i went with them a few years ago and i took 3 cars there and got a good deal, $500-600 each car.

having said that, i wouldn't do a clear bra ever again unless it was a garage queen. i used to live in tracy and i would get all kinds of bugs hitting the front end. it gets hot as shit out there and those dead bugs will eat into the clear bra if it's not wiped off right away. it's like bird shit on clearcoat paint, not good. yes, it protects the car from rock chips, but the clear bra itself looked like shit from the dead bugs sitting on there too long. i didn't feel like wiping down the bumper everyday and that was the consequence. as mentioned, if you maintain it properly, it will be worth the money.

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
if you're going to do it, try to get a couple of cars together to do it and you'll get a good discount with premiere if you ask and offer to pay cash.

i went with them a few years ago and i took 3 cars there and got a good deal, $500-600 each car.

having said that, i wouldn't do a clear bra ever again unless it was a garage queen. i used to live in tracy and i would get all kinds of bugs hitting the front end. it gets hot as shit out there and those dead bugs will eat into the clear bra if it's not wiped off right away. it's like bird shit on clearcoat paint, not good. yes, it protects the car from rock chips, but the clear bra itself looked like shit from the dead bugs sitting on there too long. i didn't feel like wiping down the bumper everyday and that was the consequence. as mentioned, if you maintain it properly, it will be worth the money.

Good information about the group buys. I have a GT500 booked in at the end of the month, so if anyone wants one let me know... Maybe we can coordinate to get a discount?!
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never really liked them just because on white it seems like they tend to make the paint look slightly yellow with time. If it weren't for that I would love to have my front bumper protected, rock chips all over the place.
Turbizzy
¯
Member # 5620

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turbizzy  Ford pictures for Turbizzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys my good friend does 3M clear bra and tints and does hella good work. He did my sister's G37s and few other of our cars. He's reasonable and mobile as well. Helps to shop around. Just tell em you got the number from Izzy.

www.clearprotectionproducts.com

Kenn Gamurot
209.747.5955 mobile

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com