Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Wyotech

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wyotech
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody going there?? Or Graduated from their program??

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did about a year ago from the electric program. waste of time.

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
went about 8 years ago. now i have my own business and my own house. so it comes down to how much u put in to it, is how much u get out of it.

Daniel

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought you were gonna be a black police officer that made $150k a year? [Confused]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I thought you were gonna be a black police officer that made $150k a year? [Confused]

+1. But you won't make that starting. Man I've seen Nieght comment before on you having a lot of story's.
You want to know where this plug goes ^^^
You got your first mod but it's a secret
You want to know what's involved in a t-5 swap
Your thinking about getting a raptor next year
You want to know how to change a clutch on an eclipse
You want to know who graduated from wyotech
How to remove MSD box
You raced a m3
You hunt and your black!!! Not to commen but ok
I actually find it entertaining bro. I'm not trying to bash you.

[ July 11, 2011, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Sonic96GT ]

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
current student in the auto division. you get what you put in bro. i like it because my only passion is cars and i always want to know more no matter what. if that fits you then go for it

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BTLD GT:
so it comes down to how much u put in to it, is how much u get out of it.

Daniel

i went to UTI and ^^ is the best info that can be given. doesn't matter where you go. it's how you approach it and what kind of effort you put into it.
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like said above if you go in serious, and put in the effort you will do well. Also the best advice I could give is when you get out make sure you are still in the learning mode and don't come out thinking you deserve this or that reality is that your probably gonna be sweeping shop or oil changes. Give it time pay your dues and you will do well! Good luck!
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic96GT:
quote:

+1. But you won't make that starting. Man I've seen Nieght comment before on you having a lot of story's.
How to remove MSD box
You raced a m3

Everything is right on... But when did I ask about changing a clutch on a Eclipse??

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:

Lol... What does anything that anything that my career path consists of have to do with you?? Is it wrong for me to ask?? How.do you even I was even asking for myself?? I do have 2 younget brothers getting ready to go to college lol... But ur right...

--------------------

Thugnificent

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
quote:

Lol... What does anything that anything that my career path consists of have to do with you?? Is it wrong for me to ask?? How.do you even I was even asking for myself?? I do have 2 younget brothers getting ready to go to college lol... But ur right...
Lol someone took a joke a lil seriously, take deep breathes and count to ten [Smile]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
quote:

Lol...

--------------------

Thugnificent

Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic96GT:
quote:

How to remove MSD box
You raced a m3

Everything is right on... But when did I ask about changing a clutch on a Eclipse??
Ok a water pump on a Mitsubishi Galant.
mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
went there when it was sequoia institute, then changed over to wyoshit...waste of time and $$ imo. was like highschool all over again. people smoking weed doing lines hit'n shabs. cars were getting broken into while you were in class. students coming to the parking lot selling everything from drugs to stolen car steros. students passing around test answers for every single tests, instructors coming in smelling like alcohol after lunch break. after you finish the program there is a career center which helps you look for jobs. when i finished these idiots were offering me autozone, pep boys, oil changers ect. shit you can walk in to these stores and just apply....i was like you got to be kidding me? anyhow i moved on and doing something totally diff. was a waste of 14k and didnt learn anything i already know. you can just buy yourself a car from the junkyard and get a manual. take it all apart and put it back together and considered your graduated from wyotech. gl anyhow which ever you chose...o btw i finshed with a 95% on the 2 modules to give you and example how easy it was..

[ July 11, 2011, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: mikeP ]

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've worked with a few guys that went to Wyotech and UTI. They had their little framed certificate, their little volt meter and their big ass attitude like they just blew Jesus and he shot a huge load of master tech knowledge down their throats. It would take them at least 5 times longer to diagnose a problem than it would take me and I was in the bay next to them working on a different car. No shit, one guy spent over an hour trying to diagnose a speedometer that was reading high just to have me walk over and switch it back to MPH from KPH all because some other dumbshit at Pep Boys pushed the wrong button trying to clear the "change oil" light after doing a $5.99 oil change. You can't teach common sense and you can't teach experience.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Find a JC with an auto program. I guarantee it will be alot better and hell of alot cheaper. but like said before you get what you put into it.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I've worked with a few guys that went to Wyotech and UTI. They had their little framed certificate, their little volt meter and their big ass attitude like they just blew Jesus and he shot a huge load of master tech knowledge down their throats. It would take them at least 5 times longer to diagnose a problem than it would take me and I was in the bay next to them working on a different car. No shit, one guy spent over an hour trying to diagnose a speedometer that was reading high just to have me walk over and switch it back to MPH from KPH all because some other dumbshit at Pep Boys pushed the wrong button trying to clear the "change oil" light
after doing a $5.99 oil change. You can't teach common sense and you can't teach experience.

I agree with you on this one.We have this guy that we just hired and he has certificates,a.s.e certified badges on his tool box and all this crap.Come to find out that he's a worthless fuck.Can't diagnose shit I have to do the diagnostics myself.Come to find out he can't even use my modis snap on scanner..This is a good example of what you get for throwing your money away at Wyotech...Everyday that I go to work I always say FML here I go baby sitting again...If you wanna become a good automotive technician choose wisely and learn what you can or else you just blew 25k in schooling for nothing....
[patriot]

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go and take the DeAnza auto rpogram. It's way less expensive, not crowded and if you don't think the automotive field is for you, you can drop out after a quarter without having to owe them your underwear.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com