Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do Australians like hotrodding more than us?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Do Australians like hotrodding more than us?
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They know how to make fast cars down under and theyre not treated like criminals,im ready to move,lol.Just couldnt get used to driving on the right side of the car.
Heres an example-twin turbocharged,supercharged 1972 Torana.

-
 -
Heres a link to Google Images of some more examples.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1345&bih=624&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=twin+turbo+supercharged+torana&oq=twin+turbo+supercharged+torana&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=21778l29672 l0l30l30l0l8l8l0l246l3923l1.13.8l22

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very Nice.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have smog check over there too

--------------------
To be or not to be

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theyre really into cars there,and theyve got alot of dragstrips.
Aussie cars rock!!!!!!!!! [worship]

[ June 21, 2011, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qMveYjikt_8#at=32
SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'd pay to take a ride in that [worship]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I posted this a while back. It's a '65 Mustang with a turbo 4.0 straight six and runs in the 9's. Pretty incredible.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/video-straight-six-65-ford-mustang-runs-9-second-¼-mile/

Incase the vid isn't working, here's the youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8NdXG_t95U

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you ever seen the australian v8 super cars race? thats how i feel nascar should be full bodied street cars on the track racing wheel to wheel! id watch it then!
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89foxstang:
have you ever seen the australian v8 super cars race? thats how i feel nascar should be full bodied street cars on the track racing wheel to wheel! id watch it then!

Exactly that's why I like the DTM stuff too cause at least the cars look like street cars nascar vehicles all look the same and drive in circles that is tired but try telling that to the South!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI3atOJhDvw
Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been thinking they like hotrods/muscle cars more than we do in the US. Hell just looking at what cars they get and we don't kinda pisses me off.

-

quote:
Ford Australia had an embarrassing problem with its high-performance six-cylinder Falcon sedan: The Ford Performance Vehicles F6 was, er, faster than its V-8-powered counterpart, the FPV GT. The F6's 4.0-liter straight-six might have had the same bore-center spacing as the straight-six fitted to the first Australian-built Falcon a half century ago, but like Grandpa's axe, everything else had been replaced or renewed over the years. With its twin-cam, four-valve cylinder head and Garrett GT3540 turbocharger, the F6's all-Aussie six delivered 415 horsepower and 416 pound-feet of torque. The U.S.-built 5.4-liter V-8 that powered the GT boasted just 7 more horses -- and 10 pound-feet less torque. As a result, the GT was a second slower over the quarter mile and, because it weighed more, less fun in the twisties.

While the GT might have worn one of the most storied badges in Aussie musclecar history, one that dated back to the 289-powered 1967 Falcon GT, local road testers regularly toasted the F6 as one of the best Australian sport sedans ever.

Well, the reign of the turbo six is over. FPV's Falcon GT is under new management, and the new Boss is a powerful straight torquer. Under the hood is a supercharged version of Ford's new 5.0-liter Coyote V-8, developed in Australia by FPV partner Prodrive. You might have heard of Prodrive: It's the Brit-based motorsport shop that, among other things, built Colin McRae's Subaru rally cars and the Aston Martins that race at Le Mans. Prodrive owns 51 percent of FPV; Ford owns the rest.

Kick the supercharged Coyote in the guts, and it settles into a deep, throbbing idle. Spin the crank into the mid-range, and there's a growing, rich swell of thrust on tap, but little else signposting this burbling bent-eight as blown. But offer it a force-fed lungful via a wide-open throttle, and you're shoved down the highway to a maniacal whine from the supercharger as a torrent of torque powers you to an insistent top-end that's part V-8 howl and part blower shriek. This new GT is quick.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1104_2011_ford_falcon_fpv_boss_335_gt_drive/index.html#ixzz1PxdklQrF

Cliff Notes
2011 FORD FALCON FPV BOSS 335 GT BASE PRICE $71,000 (est, Australia) VEHICLE LAYOUT Front-engine, RWD, 5-pass, 4-door sedan ENGINE 5.0L/449-hp/420-lb-ft supercharged DOHC 32-valve V-8 TRANSMISSION 6-speed automatic CURB WEIGHT 4100 lb (mfr) LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 195.6 x 73.5 x 57.2 in 0-60 MPH 5.2 sec (MT est)

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they do magic in some of their cars, 3 Australian guys wanted to buy my falcon and where going to pay shipping and all in Ebay. but before that happened someone jumped on it locally.

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hOLY fuking forced induction !!

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

-
 -
 -
 -  -
 -
 -
 -

And heres a vid...........
http://findallvideo.com/holden-torana-fast-loud-targa-tasmania-2011/id/3768774661

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys should watch this documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKpX5phKTZE

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
God dammm..... they make some bad Ass shit.......

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They buy up a lot of muscle cars from here the US

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
smog laws suck over there lol. i was actually thinking of moving to Australia loved it down there.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
smog laws suck over there lol. i was actually thinking of moving to Australia loved it down there.

I'm scared of Australia too many snakes and spiders that can kill you and you gotta worry about avoiding these guys,

-

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:

I think that's crazy as hell, considering that they have lots of events like this (link below) out there. I wonder if their smogs laws are, in comparison to those of California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tNj7HG5Ow4&feature=related

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its more expensive, and if you have any i mean any rust or what looks to be rust. you dont pass visual.... picture is funny as shit... whne i went i didnt go to the wild i staid mostly in Sydney. people are super nice over there like over here sometimes you cant even have a regular conversation.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
You guys should watch this documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKpX5phKTZE

Awesome watched the entire thing on hulu

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com