Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Empty Garage

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Empty Garage
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So, a couple of weeks ago I decided to sell my 93 Cobra, and CTS-V to fund a 2012 GT

It happened quicker than I thought, and the first person to look at each car ended up buying them.
I think I might be crazy for doing what I did,it was really hard letting go of the Cobra. it even made my kid cry lol

The CTS was easier to let go of, since I didnt have it long. Kid didn't seem to upset about that one.

Right now I'm a pedestrian, sharing a vehicle with my wife lol. Feels weird not having a vehicle, but in the end I hope I made the right choice.

Have you guys seen the Lava red color for the 2012 gts?
I thought about getting one in that color, but haven't seen it in person so it's hard to say if it looks good or not. Looks bad ass on the dealer color swatches though.

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wait until they get direct injection or a better tranny. Buy a raptor instead!!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I did hear about the garbage transmissions, but thats what a warranty is for right?
That's one of the main reasons I want a new car, for the warranty. I hate having to dump money into stupid bs like windshield wiper motors etc.
The raptors are nice, but I just don't really think I'd ever use it for their purpose. I don't think I could pay that much money for one and scratch it up in the dirt.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the lava red looked great on a 2011 v6 convertible at the local dealer a couple weeks ago when we were shopping for a new car for the wife.

They only had 1 5.0 on the lot, it was a luxury optioned auto in white, but didn't have 3.73's or brembo's and they wanted $40k.

we took home an `08 GT convertible, triple black with every option, 34k miles and a bumper to bumper warranty to 100k. She loves it.

I originally was going to get her a v6, but I just couldn't do it, the new 2011 v6 convertible they had on the lot they wanted $10k more for than the GT, and I know it won't hold it's value for shit over the next few years, even though they really stepped it up the resale on a v6 is garbage.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
Yea I did hear about the garbage transmissions, but thats what a warranty is for right?
That's one of the main reasons I want a new car, for the warranty. I hate having to dump money into stupid bs like windshield wiper motors etc.
The raptors are nice, but I just don't really think I'd ever use it for their purpose. I don't think I could pay that much money for one and scratch it up in the dirt.

They kick ass in the snow too. [Big Grin]

-

-

I hear you on the GT. What I really want is a Vista Blue Boss 302 with black stripes... Torsen diff and Recaros too, please!

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really like the grabber blue. maybe in a few years I'll be able to get one. [Frown]

-

[ June 13, 2011, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kona Blue Metallic is pretty sick but I think Grabber Blue looks much better

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Yeah I test drove a grabber blue last week, looks okay. Kind of feminine to me though. But would look sweet with a grabber blue/black theme.
Stripes are definitely necessary for that combo

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw a lava red GT at the Knotts show and that color is bad ass... reminds me of cherry black... Good luck with your search...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

00SLVRGT
¯
Member # 4509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00SLVRGT  Ford pictures for 00SLVRGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
I saw a lava red GT at the Knotts show and that color is bad ass... reminds me of cherry black... Good luck with your search...

^This looks black at certain angles but when the sun hits it the red flake really pops, if i was in the market for one i would get that color, it is supposed to be the rare color for 2012 so you won't see very many around...

--------------------
2000 GT Silver... SOLD
94 Cobra... SOLD
02 Foush, work in progress

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00SLVRGT:
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:

^This looks black at certain angles but when the sun hits it the red flake really pops, if i was in the market for one i would get that color, it is supposed to be the rare color for 2012 so you won't see very many around...
yeah you described it right that red flake really stands out when the sun hits it... I would get this color if I was buying one...

--------------------
14 Fiesta ST

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

I'm buying it tomorrow... Excited but have a weird feeling about buying a new car. Lol

Anybody know if I lower it will it void the warranty? That will be my first mod, but if it voids warranty I dont know.

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck buddy. I think you can buy FMS or FRPP stuff that will not void warranty.

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'm buying it tomorrow... Excited but have a weird feeling about buying a new car. Lol

Anybody know if I lower it will it void the warranty? That will be my first mod, but if it voids warranty I dont know.

Pics or you got denied financing, lol.

--------------------

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

I'm about lol, kinda getting cold feet.
Is 28200 out the door a decent price with 5k down?

I think I might put more down to make the payment more manageable.
It's got brembos, and gears for options.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I think they can do better than that for you considering the economy.

IMHO

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:

Sounds like you got them down to 25k, cause taxes are what like 2500 plus other costs.

--------------------

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah I test drove a grabber blue last week, looks okay. Kind of feminine to me though. But would look sweet with a grabber blue/black theme.
Stripes are definitely necessary for that combo

already played out, go look over on corral, everyone and thier mother has the grabber blue on black rims. the lava red looks bad ass
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Lava Red FTMW!

-

[ June 16, 2011, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: BULLITTMAN ]

--------------------
14 Fiesta ST

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

That looks hella photoshopped.

-

--------------------

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That lava red looks sick..... [worship]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a 2011 GT last year w/ brembos & 3.73 as the only options. First new car I ever bought and I loved it. I thought the tranny shifted great and the clutch was very light. I wondering if the clutch & tranny were more of a problem with the early cars. The only problem was I wanted to start modding it and didn't want to screw with the warranty. I ended up selling my mach1 & trading in the GT for a Boss 302. Hopefully that solved the mod problem but I doubt it. By the way the lava red is a sick color. Looks almost black in the dark or out of the light but get it in the sun and it pops. You should be able to lower it with the ford racing parts and then you get a different warranty from the factory warranty for only those parts.

--------------------
Performance White 2012 Boss 302
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you lower it, it will void the warranty. ANYTHING you change to the car without having it done at the dealership, will void thwe warranty. I work sales at Honda nd they told me they cancel so many warrantys because of simple crap like that. Even if you change out your cd deck or exhaust, CAI etc....The way you drive it off the lot, Is the way it has to come into the shop for service.

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
That looks hella photoshopped.

X2

[ June 16, 2011, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com