Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I want to share with the board members

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I want to share with the board members
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that most of us are just plain hot rod, gear head, car, truck, bike,watercraft tinkers etc.

Well I was approached last year to build a lil small block ford for a guy that competes in the KOH king of hammers. I didnt really understand exactly what that is/was until I did some research and seen the rig!

It is an amazing course and the rigs are just amazing as well.

Most of the folks are running large inch ls motors so imagine my suprise when the re ring and bearing job I did on a stock forged piston roller 5.0 shortblock with afr 165s trickflow cam and gt 40 intake is placing amongst the top ranks! There are few tricks in it but nothing that isnt well discussed and can be duplicated by anyone!

Most of the race is just having the hardware actually complete the race!

You gotta watch this video and see some of the challenges in a course like this. There are courses where they run flat out for 100 miles!

I gotta admit, the lil ford small block is a tougher bastard than I thought in 70% stock form!

FYI it dynoed at 190rwhp. Thats through a c4, gigantic 44 inch tires and huge differentials and a monster transfer case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bP6fkHJTwY

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMM he was hauling ass and the peeps behind him looked like they didn't even have a chance to keep up.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice vid,actually looks kinda fun

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome!! always a good feeling to see your work do well ! congrats!
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KOH is badass. part high speed desert race/part rock crawling. the vids of the rigs goin through the rock gardens are crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO5xQL7l0ac&feature=related

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KOH is badass. I've seen some comps on TV before and it requires one hell of a rig to just finish a race.

Good work Dan [patriot]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KOH [worship]

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's awesome! I can shed a little perspective on the 5.O since I am so old...lol. Back in the early 80's when I started this engine building hot rod stuff the baddest small block ford you could try and build for you street car is pretty much what the 5.0 is that we build today as stock(except for the heads). Forged pistons, double roller timing chain,roller cam(nobody had them)now aluminum heads(couldn't get them). The motor you built for him now days would be a friken beast back then. I hope your guy wins the points.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice Vid!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet vid, and great work Dan. That's why I'm pumped your my engine builder. You do this shit on the side and care about your work and reputation more then most shops.
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
been to koh the last two years its retty cool back door is a great place to spectate. lots of awesome rigs. my brother in law rock crawls his buggy there its cool. the only thing i hate about the desert is the fuckin wind took me like 8 hrs to clean my fifth wheel

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6Sy-PbVLI

Just another vid to add to the wheeling frenzy [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com