Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Someone got paid

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone got paid
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just watching the channel 2 news and they said somebody was going to get 600k for OPD crashing into them. They were in a white coupe with cobras and red interior from the "O".

--------------------
No half steppin

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whoever it is can you buy me a fox PLEASE atleast a roller. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FriscoNotch  Ford pictures for FriscoNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I seen that too. Not worth the broken back and legs for 600k!!!

--------------------
'93 SSP 5.0 Police Coupe
'83 GLX 5.0 Coupe
'79 Ghia Coupe

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I just saw it aswell.

Honestly, I would have sued for waaay more if it was REALLY the officers fault and not the Mustang owner.

You can't put a price on injuries that will last a lifetime like a brocken back and brocken leg.

If somebody told me they would give me 600K to break my back and leg I would DEFINITELY turn that down.

Just my .02 though...

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
True about the broken back one of my friends at work had to get two of his vertebra fused together. Whom ever the cat is he should try to get more cause if he can never work, 600k is not enough he could have made in a lifetime. . The money the city offered is just that, and they still don't say they're at fault.

--------------------
No half steppin

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CHP2981:
True about the broken back one of my friends at work had to get two of his vertebra fused together. Whom ever the cat is he should try to get more cause if he can never work, 600k is not enough he could have made in a lifetime. . The money the city offered is just that, and they still don't say they're at fault.

Living in oakland he would be lucky to even make 100k in his lifetime.

--------------------
To be or not to be

Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you guys didn't know the police officer is sueing him back because he didn't move out if the way

--------------------
02 GT Vert

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there a news link on this story? found it

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/19/BABC1JHNLB.DTL

quote:
The city of Oakland has agreed to pay $630,000 to a man who was seriously hurt when his car was struck by a police cruiser nearly five years ago, officials said Wednesday.

Daniel Pena-Marquez suffered a broken back and leg and numerous head lacerations when an Oakland police car driven by Officer Jacqueline Shaw hit his car at the corner of 90th Avenue and International Boulevard in East Oakland early Aug. 14, 2006.

In court papers, city attorneys said Pena-Marquez had been traveling west on International when he made a left turn onto 90th in front of the cruiser, which was heading east on International to an emergency call. According to Pena-Marquez, the cruiser did not have its lights or sirens on.

Shaw and Officer Tyman Small, sitting in the passenger seat, were also hurt. Shaw received $190,000 in workers' compensation benefits; Small received $21,000.

Attorneys have battled over who was at fault in the crash. The city sued Pena-Marquez to recover the benefits paid to the officers. Shaw also sued Pena-Marquez. Those cases are pending.

The city agreed in closed session Tuesday to pay Pena-Marquez in part for medical costs, without admitting liability, said Mark Morodomi, supervising deputy city attorney.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/18/BABC1JHNLB.DTL#ixzz1MpGSoGdb

[ May 19, 2011, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dam that's Fucked up there sueing him back. And he should definitely get more money he wont ever be the same probly can't even work again

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mineralgt:
If you guys didn't know the police officer is sueing him back because he didn't move out if the way

The article doesnt say that they are suing back because he didnt move out of the way Mr.Knowitall

--------------------
To be or not to be

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mineralgt:
[qb]Mr.Knowitall

[worship] [worship] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's just what I heard from another police officer that worked with her just saying. I just love how everyone is first to blame the police for everything that goes wrong

--------------------
02 GT Vert

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com