Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » good career

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: good career
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im looking into getting into a new career. I was looking into maybe going to school for a little bit and getting a certificate and a job for that field. I was looking at getting my certificate to sell insurance. I dont need to make 75k or more a year or anything like that. my main goal is to find something around the 50k a year mark and something i can get in and out of school pretty quick with. any ideas? please only helpful ones. not sell drugs or crap like that

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your goal is to only make under 75k a year?

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would focus more on what you would like to do and the money will follow. You will be really pissed when you find the job that makes the money but you hate to do.
Nothing like going to a job you look forward to which is rare but possible

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
I would focus more on what you would like to do and the money will follow. You will be really pissed when you find the job that makes the money but you hate to do.

you got that right. My last job I made a little over 75K a year and damn near hated every day. LOL I miss the money but dont miss that office.

Good luck

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Information Technology [patriot]

You will enjoy it and hours will be very flexible, well depending on the company [patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First, I commened your desire to better yourself. That said, I recommend checking out options in the Healthcare industry. There are many technical jobs assisting in patient care that you could go to school for and offer solid career options. I am referring to jobs such as Medical/Radiology/MRI/CT techs, etc.

[ May 04, 2011, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: 68gtscode ]

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68gtscode:
First, I commened your desire to better yourself. That said, I recommend checking out options in the Healthcare industry. There are many technical jobs assisting in patient care that you could go to school for and offer solid career options. I am referring to jobs such as Medical/Radiology/MRI/CT techs, etc.

+1 jus what i was gonna say

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:

you got that right. My last job I made a little over 75K a year and damn near hated every day. LOL I miss the money but dont miss that office.

Good luck

Same here, I made pretty close to 60k at my last job. I hated every bit of it. I make less now, but I enjoy my quality of life a heck of a lot better. So I guess moral of the story for the opening post, make sure you going to enjoy whatever you plan to do.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68gtscode:

100% agree with this assuming you like this kind of work. As we get fatter, more lazy and unhealthy, this field is booming. There is no end in site to this field. Look around at all the new hospitals in the last 10 years alone.
20 years ago there were like 5 fat kids in the whole school now it's almost 25%.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:

More money doesn't equal a better job. It's just a better paying job. Honestly, I was happiest when I was working at Wal Mart making $6.75/hr.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree COMPLETELY with those that say to find a job that will make you happy! I had a well paying job as a quality manager at a privately owned high-tech company a few years ago. It was my first job out of college and I was juiced...good pay, good sounding title, and it made me feel/look like I made it [Big Grin] WRONG! It was probably the worst job I've had! It was tiring, stressful, and the people I worked with SUCKED! I hated driving to Milpitas everyday and I dreaded just having to get up and go to that shit hole!

Luckily, I was able to put in my 2 years of time (for resume purposes) and found a new job! I got hooked up with a big biotech company, and now I have a "lower status" title, but make more money and can't be happier! I dont deal with the stresses of bitching customers, half-ass suppliers, and ignorant coworkers...now I just do what I gotta do and have fun while doing it! And to top it off, its only 3 miles from my house so I dont commute anymore [Whoo Whooooo!]

Don't fall into a job that you dont enjoy...the money really isnt worth it. I speak from experience. [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:

More money doesn't equal a better job. It's just a better paying job. Honestly, I was happiest when I was working at Wal Mart making $6.75/hr.
True Dat!
I make under 50k at my job.... But I'm happy it's stable,damn near recession proof and my coworkers are all good people. [patriot]
money is nice.... But it shouldn't be your only goal.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com