Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Confessions of a craigslist lowballer

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Confessions of a craigslist lowballer
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm one of them.
Something I realized I hate today, when you lowball someone on something and they accept your offer right off the bat. Makes me think I should've lowballed more.
Anybody have any lowballer tips?

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Vallejo707
¯
Member # 10296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vallejo707  Ford pictures for Vallejo707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do Some Research on the Item you Want buy.
How much is going for on ebay or online.
Is it scratched.
Like New.
Has Everything. (cables,manuals etc)
why is he selling it ?
Is it popular?

Have a set price you are willing to pay before hand.
Show em the money, flash it. It might trigger the impulses of the Seller.

Consider all this. Then GO an lowball !!!!

[Cool]

--------------------
PS3 Game Tag: BeAsVtown
Sold: 2007 Yamaha R6 "Candy"
Sold: 1989 Mustang Vert
Current: 2012 Mustang 5.0

Posts: 799 | From: Vallejo,Ca | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't stand lowballers. You cheap bastards!!! [Eek!]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
I'm one of them.
Something I realized I hate today, when you lowball someone on something and they accept your offer right off the bat. Makes me think I should've lowballed more.

I've done that a few times but when he says yes too quick ill act like I seen something new on the piece and lowball him one more time these are words from a professional lowballer [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
quote:
I'm one of them.

I've done that a few times but when he says yes too quick ill act like I seen something new on the piece and lowball him one more time these are words from a professional lowballer [Big Grin]
Haha damn u ain't playin around haha Thas hard core lowball status

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I'm one of them.

Good call, that's the next step haha

IMO, the seller doesnt have to accept what the lowball offer is. That's how I justify lowballing and dont feel bad. If anything just say no and move on about the day.

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey chevez I seen you the other day at the mustangs plus car show in your cobra who was that in the white cobra it looked good but didn't sound good.

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont mind lowballers but dont waste someones time acting like youre interest, meeting up and all that crap then slap a lowball offer on them. Someone did that to me once and i wanted to slap the shit out of them. Complete waste of time
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BladeX10:
I dont mind lowballers but dont waste someones time acting like youre interest, meeting up and all that crap then slap a lowball offer on them. Someone did that to me once and i wanted to slap the shit out of them. Complete waste of time

that would suck!!...anytime i have to drive somewhere to sell something, i tell them ahead of time my lowest, firm price!

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
low ballin is like a sport haha i hate when people do it to me tho no matter how much of a deal you got posted low ballers will always offer you 10 dollars less just because hahaha
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Hey chevez I seen you the other day at the mustangs plus car show in your cobra who was that in the white cobra it looked good but didn't sound good.

That was T in the termi his cobra sounds good to me. I was sitting shot gun when we rolled out

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What car were u driving? Yea that was svt306snake, I think it sounds pritty good

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lowballer here [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tip: if you want the botttom of the barrel CHEAP LOWBALL offer....sell something on cafords or craigslist. My experice is they both carry the lowest of the low offers. See sig lol

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STEED:
tip: if you want the botttom of the barrel CHEAP LOWBALL offer....sell something on cafords or craigslist. My experice is they both carry the lowest of the low offers. See sig lol

But fir the most part they both SELL so it's worth the risk IMO.

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I set my prices way over expectation to begin with that way the typical lowballer thinks they are pullin one over on me.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
I set my prices way over expectation to begin with that way the typical lowballer thinks they are pullin one over on me.

Ditto [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's what happens when you lowball me: I don't reply. Simple as that, I mark your address as spam and its gone. Now if you decide my asking price is actually fair all your email's go into my junk folder. I just had a guy email me like 5 times for a phone I was selling. He then told me he was on his way to meet me and had $50 less than my asking price in cash, like he was setting the price. He has sent me like 30 emails since then and suddenly has the full amount but I'm not selling it to him now. He should have been decent when he saw my phone was already $50 less than any of the others like it on Craigslist.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know I have no problem with it most of the time, I know folks are broke, hell I am super broke right now myself, but man some lowballers are off the hook like if I am selling something for $100 bucks don't call me at 11pm and say how bout $25?
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com