Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » opinions on Summit racing seats

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: opinions on Summit racing seats
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just picked up another BMW a few weeks ago and am looking to put some new seats in it. I got a smokin deal on the car because I let the prior owner keep the tan sport seats that were in it and I was planning on doing a complete black interior swap. I decided to leave the tan interior and am looking at the tan Summit racing seats. I know a few people on here run them and I was wondering how the quality is, how well the fake leather feels and how well they would fit a larger guy. I had a pair of cheaper racing seats in my Mustang and really liked them but had a pair of Corbeau seats in my Saleen and they creaked a lot and were too narrow for me. Any opinions would be appreciated. These are the one's I'm looking at: web page

-

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a set in my 96, I liked them, In fact im probably gonna get another set, or I might get the scat pro-cars with the cloth centers from summit
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My only complaint with those seats is they were narrow and my shoulder and back are kind of broad. So my back wasn't completely flat against the seat back. The fake leather looks ok. The seams tend to split after a year or so.

[ April 22, 2011, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had some in two of my cars...not sure if they were the Kragen seats or summit seats, but I'm pretty sure they're the same. I thought they were good for the price but don't come
Close to being as comfortable as real recaros. I didn't find them too narrow but they were pretty stiff, making them uncomfortable after sitting in them for long periods of time. The vinyl looked ok and felt ok, not too slippery, but I honestly prefer cloth racing seats, recaros to be specific.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theyre crappy seats but for the money theyre worth it. the vinyl tends to wear quickly on the bolsters and dont provide the same oem comfort but what can u expect with a race seat? if $150 is your budget for seats, ull be happy these.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had mine for about 3 years I like then but they are kinda narrow not made for bigger people. for the price u can't beat it. Still like them

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94OnDuces  Ford pictures for 94OnDuces    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got mine from snakebit not too long ago and they work great esp for the price but you get what you pay for

--------------------
94 DROP GT
"Burn Rubber Not Your Soul"

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't remember what brand the one's I had before were, it was a cheap one though and they fit me really well. I was hoping these would be about the same since most of the cheaper ones are wide. I guess I'll get a set and try them out, I can always sell them if they don't work out.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When i was at summit in reno i sat the the light Brown seats and they felt wider than the black seats. The quality is excelent for the price you pay. Give summit a cAll and ask for wider ones if the still have some .

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com