Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » P90x or insanity ???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: P90x or insanity ???
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vendicated_03gt  Ford pictures for vendicated_03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK fellas ive seen um both n they both look savage lol I need to loose some wieght and wanna get one of these , chime im guys thx

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt
o/r xpipe,cat back, AEM intake, C&L mass, 3.73 gears, PP tb,PP Elbow

Posts: 616 | From: Cen*Cal 209 Manteca-Los Banos | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
king_jays_50
¯
Member # 9513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for king_jays_50  Ford pictures for king_jays_50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they both work, my boy lost about 15 pounds on P90 i believe it comes with dumbells and a pull up bar! I used insanity and it worked out great for me and ur jus usin ur bodyweight no dumbells or pull ups! But u gotta be dedicated to it because it is 1 helluva work out
Posts: 711 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I prefer p90x. I feel it gives you a complete body work out over just speed and cardiovascular training.

If I were doing insanity it would be supplemented with resistance training.

P90x does take more equipment to get started. Everything from dumb bells pull up bar and yog mat are needed. Luckily I have a pretty well equiped gym in the comfort of my own home so p90x wasn't that bad to get started on.

I recomend getting a set of adjustable weights like power blocks or the selecttech. Depending on you physical condition I'd just go ahead and buy the heaviest. I have a set of the power blocks that go up to 125 and they have been very useful. Not cheap by any means. Or you can craiglist shop dumbells as you go.

Whatever you pick enjoy. I've been doing p90x for 4 months now (just restarted after the 90 days) plus now I'm back to training on long distance running as I will be participating in the 72 mile tahoe relay again this year.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Insanity I did that shit yesterday N it'll have u sore on muscles you never knew you had

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lift some weights or do p90x, then do insanity for cardio days.

proven combo [patriot]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
lift some weights or do p90x, then do insanity for cardio days.

proven combo [patriot]

+1...I have done both and I'd highly rec. insanity on cardio days and p90 on lift days, you should see good results assuming your nutrition is on point. Jumping right in to both types of workouts can be very difficult to accomplish if you are a beginner.

Insanity is harder in my opinion because everything is fast paced and little recovery time which I love.

I also agree with Fostang, get those Powerblocks and buy the extended weights. The basic ones go for about $300 and go up to 45 lbs. (Should be enough IF you are a beginner)

[ April 07, 2011, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Topete ]

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

Vallejo707
¯
Member # 10296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vallejo707  Ford pictures for Vallejo707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
P90X, is has both. Cardio + Weights.
But if you just want to lose weight Insanity bro..
But as with all workouts, if you exercise and your Diet looks like shit, you wont get the results you wan't. Nutrition is 90 % of the equation [Smile] [patriot]

--------------------
PS3 Game Tag: BeAsVtown
Sold: 2007 Yamaha R6 "Candy"
Sold: 1989 Mustang Vert
Current: 2012 Mustang 5.0

Posts: 799 | From: Vallejo,Ca | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Vallejo707:
But as with all workouts, if you exercise and your Diet looks like shit, you wont get the results you wan't. Nutrition is 90 % of the equation [Smile] [patriot]

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Insanity has that weights shit too, will kill your arms after a full workout

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vendicated_03gt:
OK fellas ive seen um both n they both look savage lol I need to loose some wieght and wanna get one of these , chime im guys thx [/QUO

I am currently having the same debate for the two, they both look hardcore and promise results if used properly and maintaining the rite diet which is key...I am leaning more towards the insanity one at the moment since my main focus is cardio...good luck with your purchase bro. [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Blk93Pony
¯
Member # 10798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93Pony  Ford pictures for Blk93Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
P90!

--------------------
Black 93 Mustang GT - currently down
Pearl Black 06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 - stock for now

siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've done Insanity and it's crazy! Once you get into the MAX phase, its no joke.

If you wanna shed weight and look ripped make sure you eat right. Its all about how you eat and your results will show.

I lost weight but I didnt eat right. This Monday I plann to start Insanity again, the correct way. lol

Good luck.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whose got the hook up on the p90x? I remember someone talking about it a while back.
19fastang84
¯
Member # 10406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19fastang84  Ford pictures for 19fastang84    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just stop eating McDonalds, haha

--------------------
1986 drop top R.I.P Towed
1986 drop top
1984 hatchback
---------------------------------
Ghetto thugs like Jairo romo aka 19fastang84 that can't speak or write English don't belong here.

More and more ghetto folks will be getting the boot soon. If you're ghetto, not banned yet and reading this, here is your chance to leave voluntarily. CAFords is not the place for you. Go back to craigslist. Go back to school. Go anywhere else but CAFords.com because you don't belong here!

We're not cold hearted and young people can change. If you email us an apology letter with proper spelling, grammar and sentence structure, we'll unlock your account. If you decide to do this and rejoin the community, please abstain from making ghetto posts like you previously have http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=051252;p=2#000042 . Such posts reflect poorly on yourself and on the community as a whole. People making such posts in the future will receive the boot. The anti-ghetto cleansing as begun. All thugs, crooks, and those who did not utilize 12 years worth of free public education in this country are on notice.

Posts: 752 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Neither, go running and eat right [patriot]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Saleen9675
¯
Member # 9207

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for Saleen9675  Ford pictures for Saleen9675    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
Neither, go running and eat right [patriot]

that only really works out your legs, I use to only run 5 days a week and then I started to do P90X and saw a big difference.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com