Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pick N Pull question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pick N Pull question
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know if you buy spindles, say off a 95 stang, I they charge you for the hub too?

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing you should know is that Pick N Pull charge for every little thing they can. Last time I wen some dumbass lady went and found shoes in a trunk N asked them if they sold shoes N of course they said yes N charged her $5 for them

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i got my spindles they did

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Anyone know if you buy spindles, say off a 95 stang, I they charge you for the hub too?

Yes they do

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thooooooose fucks. Hmmm... Wonder how I can stuff some spindles in my pants?

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They'll hit you for the backing plates too, no joke, they did that to me before. I just purchased a dash and had to pull everything off to be charged for a pad instead of a complete dash. The guy saw a small plastic vent hose and tried to hit me for the complete one..... that's why I snag ANYTHING I can get in my pockets or the bottom of my tool bag.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
They'll hit you for the backing plates too, no joke, they did that to me before. I just purchased a dash and had to pull everything off to be charged for a pad instead of a complete dash. The guy saw a small plastic vent hose and tried to hit me for the complete one..... that's why I snag ANYTHING I can get in my pockets or the bottom of my tool bag.

YES! hahaha fuck those guys thats why I have no moral issues as well stealing from those dick. some asshole tried to get tough with my brother over a relay as if they paid him enough to fight or something.

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yo mike i went to buy some rear calipers frm a 96 cobra they tried to charge me for the lines brackets pads and hardware that shit came out to 80 bucks i said fucK this bull**** i went on craigslit and got a whole entire cobra rearend for 100 bucks and if your lookin for spindels holler at MUSTANGGUY TIM 209-472-7669 his prices are pretty good and it will be shiped to your front door if you like

[ April 05, 2011, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: topnotcht-top ]

--------------------
1984 T-TOP NOTCHBACK MUSTANG
1993 Svt Cobra

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
quote:

YES! hahaha fuck those guys thats why I have no moral issues as well stealing from those dick. some asshole tried to get tough with my brother over a relay as if they paid him enough to fight or something.
I've picked up 5 drop out center sections out of BMW's to resell and like the Cobra, its an independent rear. I took the center section up and the chick tried to charge me for a whole rear end, I told her it was a drop out, she told me no it wasn't. We argued and I asked to talk to a manager, she tried to keep me from talking to anyone else..... fuck that, I spent time dropping it out and wasn't going to leave without it. Luckily someone else overheard and got another worker that took care of the problem, that bitch was pissed! They pay a couple hundred bucks for a car and expect to make $2500 off each of em then scrap the shell for even more.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking at the PnP website pricing for the 94/95 spindles with hubs and backing plates you "could" be looking at the following:
Spindles- $29.98 each
Hubs- $16.48 each
Backing plates- $13.98 each
Environmental fees- something like 4%
sales tax- 9%
entrance fee $2

By the time you are done it "could" cost you $139 plus your time, this is taking into account they do charge for every item.

OR you can buy these (shipping usually $20) for $175
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=086054
Which come with the ball joint spacers and caliper bolts.......

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I paid $90 on a 1/2 price weekend for -
spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, pads, brake hoses, and front lower control arms from a `95 GT.

Took me 20 minutes to unbolt the struts, brake hoses, and control arm bolts from the K-member, in and out nice and fast!

I also got a complete turbocoupe 3.55 rear end with everything on it for $120.
Took me 30 minutes to drop that one, drive shaft bolts, control arm bolts, center brake hose, e-brake cables, shocks. Super easy.

go on a 1/2 price weekend, a little busier but better deals and you don't have to strip a bunch of shit off the parts to pay what you want for them.

[ April 05, 2011, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

+1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!! [patriot]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
quote:

+1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!! [patriot]
lol I think everyone does this

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Then you gotta bring it to the next level, pull the mighty hammer of Thor out the tool bag. [Wink]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com