Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Stupid People on CL- Rant with documentation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Stupid People on CL- Rant with documentation
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So anyways I have had my bobber motorcycle for sale on cl recently and have had to deal with a bunch of flakes, retards, scammers, etc... but this new guy just made me laugh.....

I am selling my GN400 which is a prety cool bike because they are single cylinder and were used mostly for racing dirt track. Anyways, the bike has been customized a little bit and is worth about $1200-1500 if I wanted to wait for the right buyer. I have it posted for $1000 as seen here http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/2263065493.html

Among the scammer e-mails and such, I receive an email that says "i have a 1986 GS450l its in alright shape need a new wiring harness my number is ---------- if your interested in a trade it worth about 1200 running as is about 600"

So he wants to trade me a similar bike that is not as cool (2cyl I think), has nothing done to it and doesnt run-- He even says its worth prety much half what Im asking- WTF!!!

I send back "That seems like the dumbest trade Ive ever heard of. Why would I want a similar bike that has nothing custom and doesnt run and is worth half as much......"

Soon after, I get this from him "Because it's easy to get them running parts are cheap and they sell for alot when they look good it's also newer"

Next I sent him a reply that said " I will trade you $200 for $500.... are you down?"- No response yet

WTF is wrong w people. Why would I trade my semi-cool bike that runs great for a weaker bike that doesnt run and is worth half as much. I clearly stated in my add not to waste my time but at least this guy was good for a laugh. [Roll Eyes]

I feel as though I price things very fairly and try to disclose everything in the add. I remember when I would post shit and have 3 people lined up to come check iot out by the end of the day- usually selling by the end of the day. I realize the bad economy has affected this but it seriously seems like it brought the stupid out!

Anyone relate? [Whoo Whooooo!]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need to blink, click delete, and move on. No worries, if you said "yes, I'd love to trade!" He would be hooked up! never hurts to ask, only thing you have to do is wait.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I absolutely despise Craigslist people. I sold my VFR800 last fall and it was hands down one of the most frustrating things ever.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol @ trade $200 for $500

--------------------
Jesus is king!

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Need to blink, click delete, and move on. No worries, if you said "yes, I'd love to trade!" He would be hooked up! never hurts to ask, only thing you have to do is wait.

True. Never hurts to ask. Next time just don't respond or a simple no will do.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com