Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » need some dmv advice

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need some dmv advice
Mustang Guru
¯
Member # 4119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustang Guru  Ford pictures for Mustang Guru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok looky here purchased a vehicle few ago I got my taggs last week n now dmv just sent all paperwork back to me saying I need to provide A death certificate from the peeps I bought the car from how n the hell iam I gunna b able to do that

--------------------
1990 x-chp highway lil 302
1977 caprice classic 2dr.{Sold} 1988 coupe 4cyl dd{sold}

Posts: 1171 | From: Uptown Bound | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cuz,u damn near gon have to get in contact with the county records people in the county u bought the car from.im pretty sure you can probly have them fax u a copy of the persons death certificate!!

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
NastyFastNotch
¯
Member # 8230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NastyFastNotch  Ford pictures for NastyFastNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did the person sell you the car and then pass or did their family sell it to you after they passed?

if u got it from the fam and can still contact them they can request a death certificate at the county office or courthouse. I bought a car from a lady that belonged to her sister that passed and i had to bring the death cert to dmv to do the transfer. its painless once you get that cert tho

Posts: 550 | From: The Island City Alameda | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first find out what county he passed away in, then go to that recorders office. you will only be able to get an informational copy, not a certified copy...(info only is limited, whereas certified is not)
NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been through this when registering my fathers truck who passed away while vehicle was currently in his name, You MUST bring death certificate to DMV, Period

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 806 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Mustang Guru
¯
Member # 4119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustang Guru  Ford pictures for Mustang Guru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanx everyone for the info.....daym though im just going to have to write the people in hope they still stay at the same address cus i bought the car 3-4 hours away thanx to all

--------------------
1990 x-chp highway lil 302
1977 caprice classic 2dr.{Sold} 1988 coupe 4cyl dd{sold}

Posts: 1171 | From: Uptown Bound | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com