Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Why are good topics being locked?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Why are good topics being locked?
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There has been a bunch of good threads on this sight that continue to be locked for no reason. I am a long time member, dont spam post (as you can see from my low post count) and have always enjoyed this sight. It seems to me that one or two mods might be trying to wreck this sight more then it has been already wrecked these last few years. Its unfortunate because I have enjoyed the people, information, and even products (ford sale) on this board since the 90's. I am sure as the current trend presents that this post will be locked as well but before it is, can some of the mods give me and other good standing members some answers? I was reading this post earlier
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=1 and got to the bottom and it was locked...I could believe it. Was it just cuzz some dude said hi 4 cylinder escape? Lame...

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IBTL

[Razz]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because theres fucktards who keep bringing back old threads talking shit. N that like you posted just takes you to gen talk

BTW Bringing back OLD posts got old after the 3-4 one [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that bringing back old posts is pretty lame, unless you actually have a question regarding the post thats legit. But even these posts which are about the well being of the board should not be getting locked. Instead the mods should be chiming in as on them as to why the old posts are getting locked. If this was my sight, and I was a mod, I would prob want to hear the opinion of the people on the sight instead of just locking the post. Its pretty sad when a forums most famous saying is "in before the lock"

[ February 19, 2011, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: 9cobrasnake9 ]

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IBTL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In all seriousness I've never seen so many OG's log in and post. So whatever is going on with the mods, it's really causing a stir. Henry Thoreau said, "Government is best that governs least." The moderators are putting too much influence on the board and sooner or later something is gonna give. Either the members will give into another site, or the moderators will have to give into the members and relax.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
In all seriousness I've never seen so many OG's log in and post. So whatever is going on with the mods, it's really causing a stir. Henry Thoreau said, "Government is best that governs least." The moderators are putting too much influence on the board and sooner or later something is gonna give. Either the members will give into another site, or the moderators will have to give into the members and relax.

Agreed 100% Either way I hope we can find a good balance because as I said earlier...I have really enjoyed this sight through the years

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
I know that bringing back old posts is pretty lame, unless you actually have a question regarding the post thats legit. But even these posts which are about the well being of the board should not be getting locked. Instead the mods should be chiming in as on them as to why the old posts are getting locked. If this was my sight, and I was a mod, I would prob want to hear the opinion of the people on the sight instead of just locking the post. Its pretty sad when a forums most famous saying is "in before the lock"

yea, I couldnt agree with you more..I find myself coming on here less often because of all the b.s... the site is pretty fun, always funny stuff to read but the "ibtl" shit is getting old..not everything has to be locked and not everyone has to say "iblt" on every thread thats posted. jus saying

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bumping back up dead topics from yesteryear is stupid. Ban these fags for a few weeks at least

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

That would be a better solution IMO...Why penalize everyone with a messed up forum? Why arent we just banning the people who are messing it up?

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its funny how many people get pissed right away if u don't say the right shit oh well go cry somewhere eles. Plus anit this a ford site? Should be talking about fords and shit we (grabs a beer) yup

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:

yea, I couldnt agree with you more..I find myself coming on here less often because of all the b.s... the site is pretty fun, always funny stuff to read but the "ibtl" shit is getting old..not everything has to be locked and not everyone has to say "iblt" on every thread thats posted. jus saying
+1

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Easy answer........

Break the FORUM RULES and the thread will be LOCKED.

Break the rules to many times and get BANNED.

So you can blame certain forum members for not giving the Mods a choice and having to lock those threads.

Members have complained about threads getting out of hand and the Mods not doing anything, now your complaining about the Mods doing too much.

BTW per rule #10 you should have PM'd one of the Mods instead of starting a thread on this.

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com