Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » sold as is

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sold as is
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for louisiana96  Ford pictures for louisiana96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i sold my car as is or traded it and guy calls me 4 hours later after i drove to sac and dropped it off and said it wouldnt start he called and said come get it back if its sold as is thats his prob right it never gave me problems and now in 4 hours it wount start

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

Aka: what96

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have a written and signed bill of sale stating vehicle is sold as is? [Confused]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for louisiana96  Ford pictures for louisiana96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea we both put it on our bill of sales

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so if hes asking you to come get it back, that means he wants hes money back, I say dont do it....thats why everytime I sell a car i have them sign a paper for myself stating they inspected the car and agree to pay the X amount being sold for...justa as precaution

but if you get it back, you dont know if he whooped the s***t out of it or if he got tickets in those 4 hrs or even worse done something illegal that might come and get you for..IMO

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by my-91-coupe:
i sold my car as is or traded it and guy calls me 4 hours later after i drove to sac and dropped it off and said it wouldnt start he called and said come get it back if its sold as is thats his prob right it never gave me problems and now in 4 hours it wount start

tell him tough shit....

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Then you should be good. I would probably tell them that you sold the car as is, and that means that your not responsible for the anything that happens to the car after it is sold. But I'm not a lawyer and I don't buy or sell cars regularly. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in soon.
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you smog it before you sold it.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

yea ok thank god everybody feels the same way i do i read and its the law if its as is then its his bad...thanks to every 1 who got back to me so fast im still going to the dmv to put this car in my name..lol...and yes i have a bill of sale lol

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

yea def get that release of liability in to the dmv asap. I agree with dub, you don't know what that person did to the car in the time they had possession of it.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember when I sold the '93 the dude kept calling saying that the car was giving him problems I'm like really that shit ran perfectly for so long N all of a sudden u want ur money back yeah right kuz after I told him that he never called back again

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cars sometimes become hot potatoes, i've flipped a couple of cars and sometimes a car is all good until you put some miles on it and then it breaks. Tough shit, money changes hands you can ask the seller to take it back but if the seller says no then your fucked. Some people have buyers remorse, that shit aint your problem.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
as soon as he signs the pink slip the problem is his..the only way he can get you is if you didnt smog the car..it is illegal for someone to sell an unsmogged car in california..he can take you to court and the judge can make you pay him back and take car back..it doesnt matter if you guys agreed that he would smog it. most cases dont get that far tho

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He took delivery of the car. ,it's as is on any used car unless stated otherwise in writing . Your good , eff him !

[ February 13, 2011, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

haha thanks guys im going to the dmv and taking care of it in the am...lol..ive never had anything like this happen lol

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do it right now!!!you can do it online. You never know what he is going to do. The online version is even better cause it has a time on it and date. If you have his info do it right now.
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah ...Oh le d000 it

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/nrl/nrlApplication.do

I never knew about this online release of liability... now I know from now on [patriot]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
solid

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i take it you didn't smog it because your not answering the question, so no matter what you put on the paper work he can take you to court and get his money back because the seller has to smog the car before the sale, but hopefully he don't take it that far.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
So i take it you didn't smog it because your not answering the question, so no matter what you put on the paper work he can take you to court and get his money back because the seller has to smog the car before the sale, but hopefully he don't take it that far.

+1, if you havent smogged it then he can pull a bitch move if he knows about the law.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

louisiana96
¯
Member # 9967

ok update he didnt smog his and i didnt do mine so it was agreed apon and also went to the dmv and put it in my name with no problems.....

thanks for the advice from every 1

--------------------
96gt
Slow.6

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com