Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car accident

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car accident
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was driving to work on east bound 580 and I was exiting the freeway to merge north on 680 when a white van crossed 3 lines into mine and hit my front left fender and sent me into a ditch. After all the smoke from the dirt cleared I saw that his van was resting of the roof of his van so it had flipped but I don't know how many times. I get out of the passenger side door because the driver door is shot and I look and see his dog was on the side of th freeway. I grab the dog and he gets in my face threatening me while I was just trying to save the dog from running into the oncoming traffic. The guy was clearly on drugs most likely meth and under the influence during the crash. An innocent by standard stopped and broke us up before I shattered his nose for making me crash. As we were waiting for the police I saw him jump into the same guy that helped is car and try to take off. The keys were not in the car and the owner or the car dragged him out forcefully. I heard the police sirens and the man jumped a fence near the freeway and ran. Police eventually caught up to the guy and I positively ID'd the man. The police then notified me that he had no insurance and no registration. I was just wondering what legal action I can take because my insurance will cover the car but I still have to pay the deductable. And on top of that I woke up with a soar hip and back. I know this accident could of been alot worse I'm just thankful nothing happened to me or my son and wife weren't in the car. Take this a reminder guys keep it safe out there. [patriot]

--------------------
03 Terminator

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW ... lol, glad you're OK

You're going to be stuck with the deductible, unfortunately. I think you're only recourse would be to take him to small-claims court afterward to recover your costs.

Good luck

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow that is really something. Glad nothing else happened, although it could've been alot worse. Nice to know that there are still good samaritans out there willing to help when they can just drive by and ignore.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a pain to have to go to court and all the fees with filing and the time to show up,but get the judgment. You'll have to keep an eye on his situation to see if he gets a job or wins the lottery, then after 10yrs if nothing has changed renew the judgement. Also who's name was the van in because they're responsible for letting this pos drive it..

--------------------
No half steppin

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad your ok man, well besides just the soreness [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the input fellas it could of been alot worse he could of clipped me in the rear and I would've been the one to flip. You know I'm not too worried about the deductible I just hope that guy gets what he deserves. The officers are gonna give me all the info they just wanted to take him back to the station because he's getting charged with burglary attempt and evading police which is two felonies.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, thats crazy! hope you get it figured out.

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad your ok , hope everything works out for you .

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good thing your ok. fuck that guy and anyone that tries to pull that shit.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's the 03 Cobra and your insurance totals it out, I'm interested in the engine and tranny.

I'm glad your okay. For some insurance companies if you get hit by an uninsured motorist, there is no deductible.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No thank god it wasn't the cobra It was my daily
Driver and yes I'm sore a little but nothin to major ill post pics later

--------------------
03 Terminator

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man be glad that Crack Head didn't kill you or Anyone else

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks! Glad to hear your OK.

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
glad to hear your okay... as for the car IDK Im going thru the same in my 08 corolla some dumb F**k clipped my rear 1/4 panel and bumper (my car was parked while @ work) and someone got the info but turns out they are not insured...so they gave that person till march to send their insurance if not IDK what might happen

but good luck bro and hope the guy gets what he deserves

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

these are some pictures i took at the crash site and one at home after the tow truck dropped off the car.

-

-

-

--------------------
03 Terminator

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

In that first picture you can see the steel light pole that i was about 10 feet from crashing right into.

--------------------
03 Terminator

92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
glad your okay, good luck with your situation
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope you have uninsured motorist insurance. If you don't it would be a waste of time suing this person cause the chance of actually collecting anything from him look slim..
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad your ok dude. I hope the guy that hit you goes to jail for 10 years and is beaten repeatedly in jail.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're paying a deductible I'm assuming you had Collision on the car? If you carry collision it will be covered regardless. I hope the agent that sold you the policy included the waiver of collision deductible for uninsured motorists so you don't pay for the deductible.

Glad you're okay tho, you're right in that it could've been worse. I see people's driving records everyday and man, we have some HORRIBLE drivers out there.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

SnakeForce
¯
Member # 9313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeForce  Ford pictures for SnakeForce    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
glad your okay and good luck

--------------------
03 tangelo Snake
03 f150 harley Davidson

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got rearended by some fat sloppy bitch in Martinez one time, she gave me some fake info and it turned out she had no insurance.. She was tryin to pay out of pocket at first but my insurance found out she was full of shit. I missed some work and had to go to the drs for my neck the insurance tool care of that. They should pay u everything and then they will go after that person so u don't have to.. Also they will try to get u to close the claim after a few drs appt. DO NOT CLOSE THE CLAIM jus cause they push u to do so. If u feel better close out the claim and then wake up the next day in pain you will be fucked.. Hope things get taken care of.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Thanks for all the input fellas another member on this board told me his brother might have seen him in Santa Rita. I'm going to testify in court so this asshole can go to jail and not crash into anyone else for years. I talk to the insurance agency and they said he's at fault and it doesn't look like he has insurance but I have coverage for that so I'll be getting my car fixed. 500 dollar detectable is better than being in the hospital.

--------------------
03 Terminator

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what matters is that u are ok.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com