Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Smart plan for phones..(rant and some questions for yall)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Smart plan for phones..(rant and some questions for yall)
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
crazy how these companies are making so much off this "SMART PLAN" 29.99 ....... I have verizon and my contract is due, I love verizon but this is just crazy now with that plan you HAVE to purchase. So if i get a plan for 80$ and then the smart plan is 30 im paying over 100$ for a phone.... crazy.

My girlfriends Parents have a Famliy plan with Verizon 2 phones for the parents plus 2 for the twins = 4 phones total . All 4 phones are available for update but if they all wanted to get smart phone it would be 29.99 each phone JUST for the smart plan. Anybody know some good plans for phone companies? my contract for verizon is done aswell so im thinking of switching to sprint.

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$30 is well with it. I only touch my computer unless its for school.
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate these damn phones, I miss not having a phone. Gotta have one for work though [Mad]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
crazy how these companies are making so much off this "SMART PLAN" 29.99 ....... I have verizon and my contract is due, I love verizon but this is just crazy now with that plan you HAVE to purchase. So if i get a plan for 80$ and then the smart plan is 30 im paying over 100$ for a phone.... crazy.

My girlfriends Parents have a Famliy plan with Verizon 2 phones for the parents plus 2 for the twins = 4 phones total . All 4 phones are available for update but if they all wanted to get smart phone it would be 29.99 each phone JUST for the smart plan. Anybody know some good plans for phone companies? my contract for verizon is done aswell so im thinking of switching to sprint.

I think it's $30 for the whole family to have unlimited data and another $30 for unlimited text. Atleast that's how it is on AT&T.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can always go to metro they have droids also and it's only 50 with talk text and unlimited Internet. And free turn by turn navi can't beat that

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unlimited family is what I got with 2 lines. $147 total.1500 anytime minutes that only count if I call a LAN line. Unlimited data, text, navigation,

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unlimited everything ^ ^ Sprint ^ ^

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks guys [patriot] yeah Im trying to help them out, and help my self out too ... With metro's can you download apps and stuff like that? Im going to go to sprint, I hear good stuff from people that have it... right now im paying 100$ a month at verizon and NOT a smart phone (old school lg voyeger) but looking to get a smart phone. my plan is unlimited minutes , text,pics ... but internet is limited

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
thanks guys [patriot] yeah Im trying to help them out, and help my self out too ... With metro's can you download apps and stuff like that? Im going to go to sprint, I hear good stuff from people that have it... right now im paying 100$ a month at verizon and NOT a smart phone (old school lg voyeger) but looking to get a smart phone. my plan is unlimited minutes , text,pics ... but internet is limited

Yes you can down load all the droid apps from the metro network

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LUCKY 187:
Unlimited family is what I got with 2 lines. $147 total.1500 anytime minutes that only count if I call a LAN line. Unlimited data, text, navigation,

WHAT SERVICE?
Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
NastyFastNotch
¯
Member # 8230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NastyFastNotch  Ford pictures for NastyFastNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
right now i pay $150 for two Unlimited everything lines with tmobile, i have a G1 and my girl has a Moto Cliq...both smart phones...service is good
but im switching to verizon on the 18th to get the iphone4 but if ur looking to save a buck i say go tmobile its a good medium.

Posts: 550 | From: The Island City Alameda | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What phone do you want? 100 for a regular phone sounds expensive. I have 3 phones on my family plan and two have the unlimited smartphone data plan and I pay under 150. Then again we share only 700 minutes that we bare use. I also get 25 percent off from my work. I have heard nothing but good things about sprint though. Good luck.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Simply Everything plan on sprint 100 dollars. Rooted HTC EVO using WiFi tether for my laptop when not home... I personaly think Sprint has the best plans and their customer service has improved a lot over the years. [patriot]
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
What phone do you want? 100 for a regular phone sounds expensive. I have 3 phones on my family plan and two have the unlimited smartphone data plan and I pay under 150. Then again we share only 700 minutes that we bare use. I also get 25 percent off from my work. I have heard nothing but good things about sprint though. Good luck.

what company is this? and do you have to pay 2 separate data plans for the two smart phones?

[ February 10, 2011, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------

88gotbarz?lx
¯
Member # 9072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gotbarz?lx  Ford pictures for 88gotbarz?lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actuall sprint now has a 59,99 deal where is unlimeted data for just 10 extra buck. So is total .85 with tax, but then you tell them you work for jp morgan or wells.fargo and yuo get 27% off your total bill.... In the end your stuck with paying 65 for 2 years a evo 4g and 450landline min unlimited everything. I just signed up 2 weejs ago and I love it.And no dont try those moto droid, had them the evo, on merto... Rt hey were crap. [Big Grin] [dance] [dance] [dance]
88gotbarz?lx
¯
Member # 9072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gotbarz?lx  Ford pictures for 88gotbarz?lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And yes verizon does charge 10 extra bucks for every line to use there data... Hella homo!!!! [BS flag] [BS flag]
88gotbarz?lx
¯
Member # 9072

And yes verizon does charge 10 extra bucks for every line to use there data... Hella homo!!!! [BS flag] [BS flag]
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember when we didnt have cellphones. Nobody could get ahold of you until you were home, I miss getting messages and calling people back. Now if you dont return a text within a minute people start freaking out, wondering if your dead or something. Plus i could save the 100 bucks a month for unlimited minutes and unlimited internet on the phone.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I pay $40/month on sprint with Sero-Premium plan, unlimited texts/data/roaming/nights and weekends starting at 7pm, unlimited mobile to mobile calls, and 500 minutes during business hours.

Works with any phone they carry other than the 4g phones, those would be an extra $10/mo for 'premium data'

I have a work phone (iphail) so I transferred my sprint plan to my wife, she has a Samsung Transform android phone now, front + rear camera, touch screen + full slider keyboard, gps/wifi/etc etc, pretty nice phone but the interface is a bit slower than my iphail 3gs

[ February 10, 2011, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:

what company is this? and do you have to pay 2 separate data plans for the two smart phones?
It is Verizon. Yes, you pay 30 dollar unlimited data per phone. In my case 60.But there is only one charge per family line depending on which one you go with. Each additional phone line is only 10 dollars each.
Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com