Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » the new 93 hatch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: the new 93 hatch
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got my new 93 hatch on the road with all the parts from the 87 hatch . RIP 87

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thread needs pics........... [Big Grin]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Your new 93 hatch!
This pic is before it is detailed!

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Thread needs pics........... [Big Grin]

4 reals i open the thread that [Confused] wheres the piks

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forced 331 put the pic. on here for me

[ February 01, 2011, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: 87 hatch ]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to change your name now!

Hopefully the front end will look like that when you launch it!

I still haven't worked on mine yet. I probably won't do much racing this year.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
You have to change your name now!

Hopefully the front end will look like that when you launch it!

I still haven't worked on mine yet. I probably won't do much racing this year.

Craig you should also change your name to:
"Will Not Add A Cage" [Big Grin]

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Stop crying and fix it. u should change your name to could of had a cage from 87 hatch !

[ February 01, 2011, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: 87 hatch ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
Craig you should also change your name to:
"Will Not Add A Cage" [Big Grin]

[Eek!]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Barrie, the car is looking good. I'm not sure how safe your car stand placement is though [Big Grin]

Craig's name should actually be "need-a-rollbar". He doesn't need a full cage according to the rule book.

I can't wait to see you run it down the track. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm glad we don't have to see that bull dog hood anymore! The snorklels had to go, no matter how good they worked. [Razz]

Is it too soon to rip on your old car? Are you still grieving? I think not!

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:
I'm glad we don't have to see that bull dog hood anymore! The snorklels had to go, no matter how good they worked. [Razz]

Is it too soon to rip on your old car? Are you still grieving? I think not!

LMFAO [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put the charger back on [Whoo Whooooo!] [burnout]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

I want to run e85 with the blower . So when they get a station in sonoma county then it will go back on

--------------------

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5 lug in the front and 4 lug in the back. This could be the next hot trend.

Nice looking car.

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Someone finally noticed that ! The front is complete and the rear still need to be done it still has 273 gears in it as well

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cage is for me, not the car...

Yep, the car will probably never get the 6-point rollbar or whatever you want to call it. That would take away from the sleeper look and I like racing in the Street class anyway. It is more fun to race a 5spd street car against other street cars instead of against drag cars that are on slicks with auto's and transbrakes and open headers. I don't count their tiny 12" mufflers that hang off the collectors. Not to mention that the only time the car is driven I have my kids in the back. It would get driven even less if it had a cage. Then it would just sit in the garage like Tony's. LOL!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

quote:
The cage is for me, not the car...

Yep, the car will probably never get the 6-point rollbar or whatever you want to call it. That would take away from the sleeper look and I like racing in the Street class anyway. It is more fun to race a 5spd street car against other street cars instead of against drag cars that are on slicks with auto's and transbrakes and open headers. I don't count their tiny 12" mufflers that hang off the collectors. Not to mention that the only time the car is driven I have my kids in the back. It would get driven even less if it had a cage. Then it would just sit in the garage like Tony's. LOL!

You do have a point! That is not the reason I do not drive it. It is the car thieves that worry me. Driving that car is stressful! [Frown]
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

That is true. I was so nervous after putting the motor in and leaving the car in the parking lot when the family and I went out to dinner. It was out on the coast so I wasn't too worried, but still. I feel a little better now with it insured for a decent value through Hagerty. At least I could replace the drivetrain if it got stolen!

The cage would be nice so I could go over and whoop on some of those trailered cars in Comp Rod during the time trials heads-up with the car I drove out there in. However, it would be tough to beat their consistency in the bracket-races. I like paying $25 for 10 passes down the track a lot more than paying $25 for 4 passes!

I would also break more stuff and would not be satisfied unless I was going deep into the 10's after the cage. My wife knows this too and is pretty much against me putting in a cage for that reason. If I got the cage I would want to upgrade the blower, heads, intake, and possibly add a water-meth kit! I just want to leave the car alone and drive it!

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

What do you need to fix Craig?

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I don't know!

The car just dies while I am driving it. If I cycle the key it comes back alive and drives fine. It did this to me the last two times I took it out within 20 minutes of leaving the house and then it got me home w/o dying again. I think it is either the pickup in the distributor or the ignition module. It could be the MSD box, the 10 pin connectors, or some loose ground somewhere. I hope to get time to drive it again this weekend with the computer hooked up datalogging. Maybe that will tell me more. I just hope it will die repeatedly. I wish it would just stay dead so I could quickly track it down. I hate intermittent problems!!

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
I hate intermittent problems!!

Working in a service department, I AGREE 100%

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com