Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cobra swapped Eaton Mach 1 dyno run

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cobra swapped Eaton Mach 1 dyno run
Reloaded83
¯
Member # 8647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reloaded83  Ford pictures for Reloaded83    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I FINALLY got my '04 Cobra swapped Mach 1 dyno-tuned on Saturday. Final numbers are 492hp/502tq. Long story short, the 02s are screwed, so the tuner had to work around it, but I think he did a great job. Hence the 10.7 AFR on one of the runs. It's actually 11.2 ATM.

Mods are:

Stock '04 Coba longblock
BF 2.76" upper
Metco 2lb lower
Posi ported Eaton
63lb injectors
TR6 copper plugs
Cobra tank/pumps
40amp BAP
JLT RAI
Bassani catted X / mac catback dumped after the axle
BF 4 piece idler including snub idler
Spec stage 3 clutch

YouTube - Dyno and road pull in Cobra swapped Eaton Mach 1

BTW, I want to give a BIG thanks to Shaun over at AED... I couldn't be happier! The car's driveability is night and day from the last "tune". The RPMS drop MUCH faster, it's not as jerky and is much more of a joy to drive now! And he did everything to make sure that I was satisfied with the work and the tune. He was also kind enough to share a lot of knowledge and exactly what he was doing, even if it didn't all make perfect sense to me. [Big Grin]

Thanks for the recommendations that I have read for this shop. If anything changes, I'll be making the drive out there again for another tune. [Smile]

--------------------
2004 DSG Mach 1, '04 Cobra swapped. 422 HP / 453 TQ

Posts: 115 | From: Foster City, CA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good numbers. Yeah Shaun tunes well. Can't wait to finish my project.

What H/E are you using? Did you get any heat soak with the ported blower?

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's bad ass def leave it looking like a Mach 1!!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Reloaded83
¯
Member # 8647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reloaded83  Ford pictures for Reloaded83    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's an LFP dual pass H/E. Shaun said that the IAT numbers looked good, so no I don't believe I was getting any heatsoak even without the fan on the dyno.

But they weren't all back-to-back pulls.

And thank you! I intend to keep it looking like a Mach (Minus the 99/01 Cobra front bumper). Maybe an 03/04 wing down the road.

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How was your boost production? Did it peak at like 15lbs and then taper off at higher rpm or stay consistent? I have seen the ported blowers spike at like 15-16lbs but only maintain 12-13 at higher rpm. Also was this on the stock MAF?

You know your going to want to crack the 500rwhp mark. What you got planned next?

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i see my car in the background! [Cool]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why would you do a 04 swap?why not just pistons and rods in a mach block..save 100 pounds
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
why would you do a 04 swap?why not just pistons and rods in a mach block..save 100 pounds

i would guess just easier to swap than to switch pistons/rods then try to figure out the rest of the swap parts needed to make the mach motor into a 100lbs less cobra motor......lol

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Reloaded83
¯
Member # 8647

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
How was your boost production? Did it peak at like 15lbs and then taper off at higher rpm or stay consistent? I have seen the ported blowers spike at like 15-16lbs but only maintain 12-13 at higher rpm. Also was this on the stock MAF?

You know your going to want to crack the 500rwhp mark. What you got planned next?

Correct. It peaks at 15psi and by after I believe about 6000 RPMs, the boost starts to drop down to 12.5 on both runs.

This is on an SCT BA2600 MAF.

As for what's next, the rear end. Cobra diff with 31 splines so that it doesn't go boom when it eventually makes it's way to Infineon with the BFG DRs out back. [Smile] I don't really have any more plans for power ATM. This thing is already PLENTY fast for me!

--------------------

Reloaded83
¯
Member # 8647

quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:

Well it originally had the stock Mach block with an Eaton swap at 9psi. Unfortunately, a pump went out at WOT and blew 3 holes in the aluminum block. The car has an after-market warranty, and through some fanagling, I was able to get a Ford remanufactured '04 Cobra longblock swapped in for $800 (bill came to $8200). That's the reasoning behind the iron block. I had originally planned to use a teksid block that I had to build a stroker engine, but since warranty took care of that, I didn't feel like spending thousands that I didn't have to build a teksid block. Especially considering I don't intend to put down ridiculous HP numbers.

If I do end up doing anything else, it will most likely be something that keeps the Eaton. I'd love to go twin-screw, but that won't be in the budget for a VERRRRRY long time.

--------------------

Reloaded83
¯
Member # 8647

Ok I lied. I've always thought about adding a little shot of nitrous... Thought about it before I did the port and lower and all that stuff.. So maybe that will be next. [dance]

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with all the time and money spent, would'nt it be simpler to of sold or traded in the mach 1 for a 03-04 cobra?

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Reloaded83
¯
Member # 8647

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
with all the time and money spent, would'nt it be simpler to of sold or traded in the mach 1 for a 03-04 cobra?

Well at the time, I couldn't afford the extra amount more than a Mach that people wanted. And all of the mods on this engine now are what I would have had to do to a Cobra. Especially since the engine was really only $800.

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice video.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did i say that thing is nice well it is [patriot] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Reloaded83
¯
Member # 8647

Thanks guys! Wish I could have gotten more, better video of some of the dyno runs. Oh well. I have a feeling I'll be making some better vids soon, be it on the street or at the track. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that thing sounds bad ass [patriot] nice build!

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com