Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Recommendations where to tune??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Recommendations where to tune??
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to tune my ride. A 88 coupe. But I'm not quite sure where to go..i know that def AED will do a good job but that's too far. Anywhere closer to da union city, hayward, san leandro, oakland areas?? I've heard good stuff about GEAR HEAD??.. And newtech but idk..maybe nextgen?? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nexgen,they do a good job,there closer to you in case of any problems you can drive in and not have to travel or tow it far.I hear good things about aed,but nexgen does the job too.
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had nexgen do some work on my car, no complaints.... A.E.D has done some good work on my buddies cars, i will most likely be getting future work/tune done by Billy at Vendicated tuning in Modesto...A lot of places you can go.

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SAMACH1:
I've had nexgen do some work on my car, no complaints.... A.E.D has done some good work on my buddies cars, i will most likely be getting future work/tune done by Billy at Vendicated tuning in Modesto...A lot of places you can go.

Yea I've heard vendicated does good work..but modesto if a long tow and quite some money to go down there. Do u know nextgen prices?
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NEXTGEN [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

does nexgen tune with sct or diablo??
saleen_freak
¯
Member # 6521

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen_freak  Ford pictures for saleen_freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would go to AED for sure. I haven't gone to Nextgen or Vindicated. But Shawn definately knows the 5.0. If its about location then I hear that Nextgen does good work.
Posts: 211 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gohardgohome:
does nexgen tune with sct or diablo??

Both
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats up bro... nextgen tuned my 50 and i used to work there. tell them when you go that jose that used to work there sent you over there.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

quote:
Originally posted by LUCKY 187:
whats up bro... nextgen tuned my 50 and i used to work there. tell them when you go that jose that used to work there sent you over there.

What's up bro, yea I'm trying to go check it out soon..i need to but some other stuff first..but I'm about done...anyone in specific I should talk to?
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
matt

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nextgen matt

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Thanks jose
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nexgen is hella expensive..My boy called for his h/c/i N/A 5.0, they wanted $600. A.E.D charges a flat rate of $400 N/a and Newtech charges $100 an hour. Usually a minimum of 2 hours, but their prices on tunes are reasonable.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about your own garage? Tune yourself..save LOTS of cash and learn the internal workings of the eec while you are at it:) You guys must like to spend money...with the prices those shops charge you can pickup a tweecer/quarterhorse..all recommended software and a wideband. Then you can do your own tunes as many and as often as you want. At that point if you want to confirm your setting you can still bring it to a dyno to confirm your a/f, boost..whatever..should take less then a hour of dyno time.

[ January 22, 2011, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's been done to the car that you think it needs a tune?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

Well I know it def needs a tune..i just finished installing a v1 strim blower on it..i upgraded fuel injectors, fuel pump, mass air..etc. I have yet to install a few other bolt ons. I've turned da car on but not revd it what so ever.don't want to blow anything
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
How about your own garage? Tune yourself..save LOTS of cash and learn the internal workings of the eec while you are at it:) You guys must like to spend money...with the prices those shops charge you can pickup a tweecer/quarterhorse..all recommended software and a wideband. Then you can do your own tunes as many and as often as you want. At that point if you want to confirm your setting you can still bring it to a dyno to confirm your a/f, boost..whatever..should take less then a hour of dyno time.

I wish I had da knowledge to do all this lol Or some kind of instructor to teach me but I don't know what I would be doing.
AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So where u going to get it tuned? I'm in the same boat, I should finish up my turbo install in the next 2 weeks. Lmk where u go [patriot]

--------------------
-American Revolution-

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my non tuned hci fox has kicked many other so called tuned foxes asses from my exp all you really need is a good ign system good fuel fpr/fmu/pump
and set the tps and timing, fuel pressure [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

quote:
Originally posted by gercolla1:
my non tuned hci fox has kicked many other so called tuned foxes asses from my exp all you really need is a good ign system good fuel fpr/fmu/pump
and set the tps and timing, fuel pressure [patriot]

Is yours supercharged??
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

quote:
Originally posted by AR_Stang:
So where u going to get it tuned? I'm in the same boat, I should finish up my turbo install in the next 2 weeks. Lmk where u go [patriot]

So far its between GEAR HEAD and NEXGEN they are both in hayward....nexgen seems to be quite expensive tho...but I'm not sure yet. I still have to do my exhaust..hopefully by then I'll decide...do u have any tuners in mind??
AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im 2hrs down south(by salinas)...i was thinking vendicated in modesto or all out performance in fresno. Both are a 2hr drive. Idk of any local tuners either way ima have to make a 2hr trip

--------------------
-American Revolution-

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gohardgohome:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

Well I know it def needs a tune..i just finished installing a v1 strim blower on it..i upgraded fuel injectors, fuel pump, mass air..etc. I have yet to install a few other bolt ons. I've turned da car on but not revd it what so ever.don't want to blow anything
I ran my 93 for years as a DD without a "tune". Set all the baseline items, don't get happy with the timing, and make sure you have plenty of fuel.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com