Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody work for pg&e (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anybody work for pg&e
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got me some tests on wed in sac. Got the physical test and the industrial test. I'm kinda nervous I haven't had to take a test likethis in awhile just trying to see if anybody works there and has any advice or just share your experience with it thanks

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do, I'm assuming you applied for the pre-apprentice lineman position. PTB is easy, the ITB is a new test, I took it when they rolled it out replacing the ACT test and passed without problems, pm prior to an interview and I can give you some advice, line work is dangerous work and is not for everyone, what is your background currently?

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work there. i took the PTB test years ago. It was cake. The other test is new. I have not seen it. They should have sample test questions online though. If you can do fractions and algebra you should pass no problem. Good luck pg&e is a great place to work and you make good money.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I was checking out there study guides. I have been an electrician for 7 years and I have line experience I've done lots of overhead shit in rodeo and el pueblo I worked for a company that had contracts with cc county housing authority and they maintnence all of there own overhead. I don't have alot of experience with the high voltage stuff but I'm not scared to get into it. I've been applying to pg&e since I was 19 and this is the first time I've gotten a test.

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck on the tests, pm me if you have any questions, I can't help with the tests, but I can help you with what they will look for in an interview, you might end up being my apprentice, you never know, I'll help you as much as I can.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

hey thanks alot!! ill let you know how it goes

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

so i passed my ptb and ist or whatever its called and now i have a physical test coming up. whats the info on that test? and whats after that?

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

You mean the ALP? That test consists of 5 events, pole climbing, working out of a bucket truck, lifting 70lbs with a hand line, mounting a crossarm to a pole and a following directions, it's not hard at all, following directions is problem where most people fail, next would be the hand line, don't do that one back to back with a practice, you may get tired, the bucket is easy and so are the other two, good luck.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93sspCOUPE:
so i passed my ptb and ist or whatever its called and now i have a physical test coming up. whats the info on that test? and whats after that?

How do you know you passed? You usually don"t find that out for a couple of months [Confused]

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

They just called me yesterday. And at the testing site they said they really need to hire guys. And we all would be hearing from them by phone if we passed the tests. If you don't believe then I don't know what to tell you.

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
They just called me yesterday. And at the testing site they said they really need to hire guys. And we all would be hearing from them by phone if we passed the tests. If you don't believe then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not hating, I just know that when I got hired it took a couple of months for them to let me know I passed. Good Luck, I hope you get the job

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Na I didn't think you were hating man, I know a guy that works there too but he's not a lineman and he said it took like 5 months to get hired. It was weird cuz in sac where I tested they had some guy come in and tell us "we really need alot of guys some of u are here for the lineman some for other positions make sure your phone numbers are correct and within 24 hrs of this test go online and make a profile page on pge.com we will be calling you asap if you pass this portion of the hiring process" so they must just have alot of freakin work. I dunno but I'm freakin excited as fuck I know it's just a job but it would be the last one I would have to look for in my life (hopefully). I'll let you guys know furthe thanks for the support [patriot]

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GOOD LUCK BRO!!!!!! [patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
1984 T-TOP NOTCHBACK MUSTANG
1993 Svt Cobra

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pply for this? also is there any schooling required. One of my buddies is seriously interested

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Rama
Member # 10685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rama  Ford pictures for Rama    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To "93sspCOUPE"

Hey man how did you ALP go? I've got the ALP in one week, and am really looking forward to it! The PGE recruiter I spoke with said that if I passed the ALP I would be guaranteed an interview, was this the case with you, and if so how was it, anything to watch out for in either the interview or the ALP? Please let me know if there will be any curve balls!!! From what I heard, if you score high on the interview you have better chances of getting hired... Well man I hope it all went well for you!

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Na I didn't think you were hating man, I know a guy that works there too but he's not a lineman and he said it took like 5 months to get hired. It was weird cuz in sac where I tested they had some guy come in and tell us "we really need alot of guys some of u are here for the lineman some for other positions make sure your phone numbers are correct and within 24 hrs of this test go online and make a profile page on pge.com we will be calling you asap if you pass this portion of the hiring process" so they must just have alot of freakin work. I dunno but I'm freakin excited as fuck I know it's just a job but it would be the last one I would have to look for in my life (hopefully). I'll let you guys know furthe thanks for the support [patriot]

How'd you do, we have a new guy starting this Tuesday...

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

unfortunently i didnt get hired they took the top 60 scorers out of about 300 guys like i said to my friends and what has been said to me good luck getting hired by pg&e but seriously good luck rama i sent you a pm with some info

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliCoop  Ford pictures for CaliCoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Back when i was working up in area 6 chico yard, i used to be an apprentice lineman and the ACT test was one of the probationary test you had to take to keep your job and that test was like most frustrating test to take, but the new test is easy i passed that, but good luck with the test your taking, pg&e is a good company to work for

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
1991 Silver&Black Notchback on Vogues,Mach 1's, Black Bullits, Black Chrome Saleens
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

Posts: 412 | From: Mack Rd. Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn man sorry to here that bro.. Hopefully u get it some other time

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by CaliCoop:
Back when i was working up in area 6 chico yard, i used to be an apprentice lineman and the ACT test was one of the probationary test you had to take to keep your job and that test was like most frustrating test to take, but the new test is easy i passed that, but good luck with the test your taking, pg&e is a good company to work for

What are you doing now?

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

89Saleen310
¯
Member # 5397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Saleen310  Ford pictures for 89Saleen310  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Phildog does

--------------------
89 Saleen #310
64 1/2 coupe
73 mach 1
73 vert
66 vert
65 vert
67 coupe
67 coupe
66 coupe

Posts: 1128 | From: Oakland Hills (montclair) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliCoop  Ford pictures for CaliCoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
quote:

What are you doing now?
i currently am commercial truck driver

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
1991 Silver&Black Notchback on Vogues,Mach 1's, Black Bullits, Black Chrome Saleens
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

but im in the process of going back to pge, they just cancelled the climbing assesment test that was supposed to i believe april 2nd and then when they emailed me to book april 16th and 17th in livermore, my junk G1 phone was trippin so now im back to waiting for the next opening, but i passed all the tests, so im happy bout that but i heard they are going back to the ACT test pretty soon and that test is crazy

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
but im in the process of going back to pge, they just cancelled the climbing assesment test that was supposed to i believe april 2nd and then when they emailed me to book april 16th and 17th in livermore, my junk G1 phone was trippin so now im back to waiting for the next opening, but i passed all the tests, so im happy bout that but i heard they are going back to the ACT test pretty soon and that test is crazy

I haven't heard anything about them going back to the ACT, but if they do all you have to do is hire a tutor, well worth the small investment.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Yeah that what my girls dad told me, he works there, and I already took the test they put in the place of the ACT and passed it, but yeah PGE was good when I was there, can't wait to get back in there, what field are in you in? I take it you work for pge

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com