Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Droid users (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Droid users
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do any of you guys benchmark your phones? If so what are your average scores?

I recently switched from an iphone 4 to a captivate and couldnt be happier.

My captivate is rooted and running dilligaf's 4.0 with a custom glitterballs kernel.My benchmark scores with no overclock and no undervolt are ~1650, overclocked and undervolted my best was just under 2000.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:

My captivate is rooted and running dilligaf's 4.0 with a custom glitterballs kernel.My benchmark scores with no overclock and no undervolt are ~1650, overclocked and undervolted my best was just under 2000.

Translation please. [Razz]
Mustang Guru
¯
Member # 4119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustang Guru  Ford pictures for Mustang Guru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the first introduced android phone t-moblie G1... do wat are you guys saying about androids I don't understand

--------------------
1990 x-chp highway lil 302
1977 caprice classic 2dr.{Sold} 1988 coupe 4cyl dd{sold}

Posts: 1171 | From: Uptown Bound | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:

Translation please. [Razz]
Never thought I'd act as a translator on CAFords. [Big Grin]

Jailbreak = When you unlock the operating software on an iPhone so you can have more control over how it runs and the software you can install. It also allows you to run it on a GSM network other than AT&T.

Rooted = Linux speak for installing a new version of the operating system that is not supported by the phone manufacturer. It's usually one that has been tweaked to unlock features on the phone and allow more control.

Benchmark = Basically a dyno run for a computer/phone. You see how fast it's running now and then you test it again once you've done your jailbreak/rooting to see how much faster it is.

Overclocking = Computer CPUs (the chip that is the brains of a computer) run at a certain clock rate (cycles per second). The manufacturer determines what a safe clock rate is and usually derates the chip to ensure a long waranty free life. Overclocking ups the clock rate to make the processor faster. This is usually done by increasing the voltage to the CPU.

[ January 10, 2011, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even further translation which could be understood by car guys would basically be thinking of your android phone as your car.When you buy it and its stock its capable of more but is restricted in stock form.Rooting/overclocking/undervolting are all related and considered to be similar to dyno tuning for your phone.Benchmarking is a score given to your phone basically telling you how well it can perform.

Just to give you guys an idea of what Im talking about here are some stock android phone benchmark scores for various phones.

Captivate ~800
motorola droid x ~1150
htc evo 4g ~1300
mytouch 4g ~1500

So my phone has been rooted(meaning the phone has been given developer permissions allowing me to use the phones full potential) my firmware Im running is dilligaf v4.0 (if it was a car this would be like sct/diablosport/sniper).My phone normally uses 70% processor speed. Right now its set to 120%.(the trade off for this performance is similar to cars in the sense my battery life sucks.Just like fast cars have crappy mpg's)

Hope this helps.

--------------------

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you do this? I have a htc incredible [Smile]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
How do you do this? I have a htc incredible [Smile]

+1

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got the mytouch 4g....how can i do this?

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

Posts: 718 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another Samsung Captivate user here! I'm rooted running Phoenix Rising 2.5 on Firebird kernel, Voodoo enabled and R64 theme with animation. Thinking about switching back to Setiron 1.4.7 though to improve battery life. I came from both jailbroken iPhone 3G/4 and have no plans going back. Android is the shit!

[ January 11, 2011, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Five Decimal Zero ]

Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Even further translation which could be understood by car guys would basically be thinking of your android phone as your car.When you buy it and its stock its capable of more but is restricted in stock form.Rooting/overclocking/undervolting are all related and considered to be similar to dyno tuning for your phone.Benchmarking is a score given to your phone basically telling you how well it can perform.

Just to give you guys an idea of what Im talking about here are some stock android phone benchmark scores for various phones.

Captivate ~800
motorola droid x ~1150
htc evo 4g ~1300
mytouch 4g ~1500

So my phone has been rooted(meaning the phone has been given developer permissions allowing me to use the phones full potential) my firmware Im running is dilligaf v4.0 (if it was a car this would be like sct/diablosport/sniper).My phone normally uses 70% processor speed. Right now its set to 120%.(the trade off for this performance is similar to cars in the sense my battery life sucks.Just like fast cars have crappy mpg's)

Hope this helps.

Good information in this thread and well broken down [patriot]
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

quote:
Originally posted by Five Decimal Zero:
Another Samsung Captivate user here! I'm rooted running Phoenix Rising 2.5 on Firebird kernel, Voodoo enabled and R64 theme with animation. Thinking about switching back to Setiron 1.4.7 though to improve battery life. I came from both jailbroken iPhone 3G/4 and have no plans going back. Android is the shit!

Check out di11igaf's 4.0 theres no gps fix but everything else is tits.If gps is an issue try the 2.5 version its almost the same thing its just not on jpy which I love.The new glitterballs kernel rips ass and I only have to charge overnight now versus the old every 4-8.

--------------------

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haven't benchmarked it yet, but I have a rooted Samsung Moment. I'm not a big fan of the Samsung phones, I don't think they're as nice as HTC's product line. However, the reason I haven't gone with HTC is the physical keyboard.

I'll look into benchmarking and get back to this thread.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Just download the free app quadrant standard and open it and run full benchmark thats it.

--------------------

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Samsung Moment scored something in the 280 range. lol

I'll probably try and get the HTC Shift Evo when it comes out, or switch over to Verizon.

--------------------
94 GT

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

And to anyone who benchmarks their phone the test uses nothing over voice and data lines so lets keep the carrier debates in other threads.

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Resurrecting since theres more android users.

My latest bench was 3620/59mflops @1.4sec

And I average 36-40hrs on a single charge

--------------------

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Full benchmark using quadrant for HTC Thunderbolt, rooted with stock ROM/kernel, 4G off: 1488

Which benchmark app are you using? I just got the phone so I haven't started testing out custom ROMs yet. 13+ hours with 40% battery left, so I think it could hit 15-16 easily.

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
Full benchmark using quadrant for HTC Thunderbolt, rooted with stock ROM/kernel, 4G off: 1488

Which benchmark app are you using? I just got the phone so I haven't started testing out custom ROMs yet. 13+ hours with 40% battery left, so I think it could hit 15-16 easily.

Im using quadrant and linpack.

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

-

-

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Captivate ~800
motorola droid x ~1150
htc evo 4g ~1300
mytouch 4g ~1500

Hope this helps.

I know one of the guys I work with rooted his droid. and when he clocked it he got it running at about 110% but when its asleep he underclocked it to help with battery life. now he gets more battery life then when the phone was stock with the original o.s. been wanting to root my evo 4g but I have had a lot on my plate lately and havent even begun to read up on it.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an LG Optimus G2X and I just got a benchmark of 1932, its running Froyo but should have Gingerbread here really soon though I hope. This is the fastest phone I've had to date and I've had no issues with it at all.

I just did a reboot because the phone hasn't been shut off for over a week and reran the test, I got a 2137 this time! I guess the dual core processor makes a difference.
 -

[ June 05, 2011, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Love my droid,haven downloaded a benchmark app but I did just download the LA COSTA App its the TRUTH

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I have an LG Optimus G2X and I just got a benchmark of 1932, its running Froyo but should have Gingerbread here really soon though I hope. This is the fastest phone I've had to date and I've had no issues with it at all.

I just did a reboot because the phone hasn't been shut off for over a week and reran the test, I got a 2137 this time! I guess the dual core processor makes a difference.
 -

I did a buddy of mines g2x about a week or 2 ago.He benches over 4k now with new rom/kernel

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I did a buddy of mines g2x about a week or 2 ago.He benches over 4k now with new rom/kernel

Damn, what version of Android is he running? I know Gingerbread was leaked a while ago but since my phone is still under warranty I didn't want to start tweaking it.... I still have the insurance [Big Grin] What would it take to do mine?

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn... I just got the droid charge today and want to take a day off just to learn and mess with it. I hope i choosed a good phone. I was going to get the htc thunder bolt

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com