Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I want CAFORDS to decide my fate...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I want CAFORDS to decide my fate...
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This maybe asking for trouble but I will do it any way.

Basically I am undecided on what will be my next project.

Option 1: Start the build up of a 85 GT that I already have. I already have a 306 H/C/I, G force T-5, built 5 lug rear end and a few extra stuff that I have left over from my last fox. build up the suspension.

Option 2: Pick up a 96-98 cobra, sell all of my foxbody stuff to fund for the car. Leave the cobra engine mostly stock and build up the suspension.

My goal is a well handling street car with some decent, streetable hp. I am not looking for a 10sec car, just something fun that car handle on the street. Either one will mostly likely get the full MM suspension treatment.

CAFORDS decide my fate [Eek!]

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
85 GT...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep your GT [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
96-98 Cobra with Maximum Motorsports or Griggs suspension = TITS! That is going to be a very fun and well rounded street car! Although I'm a bit biased [Wink]

Seriously though, the 32v motor on these things are so much different from your everyday HCI 5.0. They arent the fastest things out there, but you can rev the shit out of them and they just pull up top. Whole different animal in my opinion. They're silky smooth [worship]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobra.... Better handling, newer ride, better resale...

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobra. Its just a better, more well rounded car.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
85 GT...

[patriot]

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ditch the GT. Build the Cobra and have alot of fun with it...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

+1
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would you let a bunch of guys decide what to build next... are you building the cars for us? Its simple sit down write down the pros and cons to both cars when you finish go thru it and make a decision.
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
Why would you let a bunch of guys decide what to build next... are you building the cars for us? Its simple sit down write down the pros and cons to both cars when you finish go thru it and make a decision.

I cant make up my mind, each has its own pro's and con's looking for some outside thoughts.

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

+1
+3 I've had both cars and the Cobra is a more well rounded driver, also the threat of theft is 99% lower and you won't get fucked with by the smog police as hard with the newer car.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
quote:

I cant make up my mind, each has its own pro's and con's looking for some outside thoughts.
Not to sound like a dick but what u are gonna end up with is bias opinions.you are gonna have the 4eye crowd swearing the gt is better then the cobra guys will tell you otherwise.you need to sit down with a non bias person for a better opinion
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Daily Driver=cobra
cruiser and some track action-GT

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
quote:

Not to sound like a dick but what u are gonna end up with is bias opinions.you are gonna have the 4eye crowd swearing the gt is better then the cobra guys will tell you otherwise.you need to sit down with a non bias person for a better opinion
Its going to be hard any opinion that isnt bias is someway. basically i want to know what would you do if you were me?

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what you described in your original post, the Cobra is the clear choice.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go for the cobra bro.. In the future if you decide to build the motor than you are set..
32v + Boost= A Monster!!!
daily driving a SN95 is a night/day difference than a fox

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TR1:
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
85 GT...

[patriot]
+1 [patriot]

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a 94-95 cobra

get the looks of the 96-98 but keep the good ole 5.0 [Cool]

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say 4 eye FTW! You see a lot of SN95 Cobras out there but how many 85-86 GT's do you see out there fixed up? Not too many, I guess I'm a little biased cause I use to own an 86 T-top GT, but if it were me I would build the 85...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
98 cobra.. I loved my old cobra, ud pulley's, CAI, off road x pipe and sticky tires went 12.9 only suspension work was lowering spring. Tons of fun on the street for sliding threw gears.

Next mods were gonna be 410 gears, an some suspension would have hit some mid 12's.

Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had a few. All I can say is if it's going to be more of a daily driven, fun street car go with the Cobra for sure! Much nicer inside & smoother driving all around.

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Notch_notch
¯
Member # 8902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch_notch  Ford pictures for Notch_notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
I say 4 eye FTW! You see a lot of SN95 Cobras out there but how many 85-86 GT's do you see out there fixed up? Not too many, I guess I'm a little biased cause I use to own an 86 T-top GT, but if it were me I would build the 85...

+1 fox-body ftw. IMO

--------------------
How many fake accounts does one need? Make a fake account, get the ban. It's in the rules.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com