Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dr. Dre's Detox Album

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. Dre's Detox Album
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fingers crossed it really comes out feb 2011.......
Dre hands down is one of my favorite producers of all time. Not to take away from other greats like Pete Rock, J Dilla, Blaze.....

Here's a link to an interview with dre talking about detox.
http://drdre-detox.blogspot.com/

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im sure his album with be a classic and do great numbers, i just picked up a set of his head phones the shits are amazing
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just heard the sample of the "Kush" single with snoop and akon. I like it so far but wish nate dogg was here to be on it instead of akon and old recordings of nate, although akon aint horrible nate just sets off west coast music ...

cant wait for the album though!

[ November 27, 2010, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kush is garbage. I don't like it. If we waited this long for his album to drop I'm going to need a better single than that.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:
im sure his album with be a classic and do great numbers, i just picked up a set of his head phones the shits are amazing

which ones did you buy? I tried on a pair, but I couldn't see myself wearing them comfortably for 2-4 hours straight chopping/listing to records.

--------------------

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Dre might be scarred to put out this album and have it flop? He could retire right now as the KING on the throne (West and eWact coast) - easily. All I gotta say is this fuckiin Detox better be a quadruple disc... Shit all this time we been waiting, they don't all have to be hitters, especially with a four disker but give us something to listen to, it's been 10 years!

All I know is Dre better holler at Game to teach him how to iron a khaki suit.

KnownmTalkinBout!
[Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:

which ones did you buy? I tried on a pair, but I couldn't see myself wearing them comfortably for 2-4 hours straight chopping/listing to records.
i got the solo hd's in black if your a dj you should look into the pros or stidios but those start off at 450. i got my solo's for 180 with a friends best buy discount..
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

^ thanks for the info. [Smile]

As far as the album taking forever....... I've heard he learned how to play keys a few years ago. I'm talking about being able to play classical music and what not. I like when people/producers are willing to learn new things.

When it comes to producers, they are their own worst critic. They judge their own work WAY harder then your average listener. I feel Dre wanted to put something out HE was proud of. I respect him for taking his time and not throwing an album together to make a quick buck.

--------------------

Badhabittz98
¯
Member # 9388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badhabittz98  Ford pictures for Badhabittz98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its all about sound quality and perfection for dre.... if its going to take years then so be it... its going to be his "last" album.

As far as nate in the song Kush he could'nt finish the song do to health problems and a few strokes...

[ November 28, 2010, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Badhabittz98 ]

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
^ thanks for the info. [Smile]

As far as the album taking forever....... I've heard he learned how to play keys a few years ago. I'm talking about being able to play classical music and what not. I like when people/producers are willing to learn new things.

When it comes to producers, they are their own worst critic. They judge their own work WAY harder then your average listener. I feel Dre wanted to put something out HE was proud of. I respect him for taking his time and not throwing an album together to make a quick buck.

I should've worded it a little better cleary. I definitely kno. He's got it in him, but I also think he's just being too hard on himself because he wants the ultimate album (the original chronic). It's been so he long, and he's got so many slaps, all he's deciding on is what 12 to put on the cd... Problem is he probably has more that 199 to choose from, so that's why I'm saying he shud put out a 4xdruple disc...fuck it

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com