Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » DUI Violation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: DUI Violation
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe I remember seeing previous posts of members mentioning they had gone through the process. A family member recently got one and I was wondering what can one expect in the process?

I understand there's a mandatory suspension period, but for some people it only lasts 30 days and they get a restricted license for work. For others, mainly the young kids without much motivation, it seems they get extended suspensions of 6 months+. What is the best way to approach the judge to obtain the shortest suspension possible/immediate restricted license?

Now, they have a Class B license to operate a flatbed truck/airbrakes. Do they typically remove the endorsements/class B?

He's not interested in evading the charge/consequences, so he doesn't see it necessary to obtain a lawyer. What would be the purpose of obtaining one? Also, what's the typical fine for the actual DUI violation, court fees, DUI classes, etc? Anything else to expect?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Commercial license dui is automatic 1 year suspension doesn't matter what he was driving,your boy is fucked...
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got one last year in napa county. cost about 2000 for the fine. save the money and time by not getting a lawyer. just go in and plea no contest. it will get their license back at least a month earlier than if a lawyer plead not guilty and pushed the hearing back. cheapest school around by ALOT is AK BEAN in vallejo

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
got one last year in napa county. cost about 2000 for the fine. save the money and time by not getting a lawyer. just go in and plea no contest. it will get their license back at least a month earlier than if a lawyer plead not guilty and pushed the hearing back. cheapest school around by ALOT is AK BEAN in vallejo

Do you have a regular license or a cdl...
bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There more strict on commercial drivers. Fighting my second one right now.

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depending on what he blew and how it went down is definitely a factor. If he blew a .08/9 i think with a lawyer he could possibly get a wet n' reckless if not dropped completely. Even being a wet n' reckless i have no idea what his penalty's will be with a class B. Good luck.

[patriot]

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are a few variables, was the driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol? If just alcohol the criminal sentence will be a standard first based on the bac level.

DMV is a totally different hearing from the criminal portion of a dui.

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
Originally posted by 5LiterSpeeder:
Depending on what he blew and how it went down is definitely a factor. If he blew a .08/9 i think with a lawyer he could possibly get a wet n' reckless if not dropped completely. Even being a wet n' reckless i have no idea what his penalty's will be with a class B. Good luck.

[patriot]

A .08 with a cdl is double the legal limit,cdl drivers get .04 doesn't matter what he is driving...your boy should talk to a lawyer
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. I've suggested obtaining a lawyer but as of now he doesn't seem too interested in it, he doesn't realize the lawyer is probably needed prior to the court date. Oh well, I've tried. If he's fucked in the end it's on him.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Thanks for the info. I've suggested obtaining a lawyer but as of now he doesn't seem too interested in it, he doesn't realize the lawyer is probably needed prior to the court date. Oh well, I've tried. If he's fucked in the end it's on him.

Then let him get fucked. If he thinks he is gonna walk in and walk away with a slap on the hand he is in for a big surprise. They tell you when you get a cdl you will be held to a higher standard since your suppose to be a ''professional driver'' If he works driving a DOT regulated vehicle his company will find out in about 15-30 days. When he is unemployed and broke you can laugh at him and tell him told you so... had a buddy go thru the same shit and didn't listen ended up paying out his ass and no license for a year not even for work and the company fired him,he lost everything house,cars,and family
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:

Then let him get fucked. If he thinks he is gonna walk in and walk away with a slap on the hand he is in for a big surprise. They tell you when you get a cdl you will be held to a higher standard since your suppose to be a ''professional driver'' If he works driving a DOT regulated vehicle his company will find out in about 15-30 days. When he is unemployed and broke you can laugh at him and tell him told you so... had a buddy go thru the same shit and didn't listen ended up paying out his ass and no license for a year not even for work and the company fired him,he lost everything house,cars,and family
100% agree. He shouldn't mess around with this on his own and needs a lawyer to handle it.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lawyer won't do much there's mandatory punishments for this type of offense. I represented myself on my first dui got it reduced to a wet and wreckless. Insurance still treat it as a dui only perk, your dui school is a shorter term. Either way your boy Fucked honestly. The cats that hired lawyers didn't get any better outcome then I did. This last July they passed new laws on your first dui automatic suspensions and require a interlocking device for restriction license. Interlocking device 1500 and requires a fee for re calibration tunes. I say tell em save the 2k he gonna throw away on a lawyer and apply it to the fines and dui school. There's no way around it. Tell your boy to read up on fourms and read those pamphlets he's getting in the mail from lawyers.

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com