Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » exhibition of speed

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: exhibition of speed
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a ? for u guys.
my friend got an exhibition of speed ticket like a month ago, he just went to court and they gave him 2 years probation, $900 fine and two points on his record, i told him that seems to much. he was a stop light making a left and took off a bit quick and the tires squeeled just a bit (front wheel drive car) and right away he got pulled over. i told him that he should fight it, what do you guys think.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has he already been sentenced?..if so its done..but if hes in the process then def fight it

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he pleaded no contest

--------------------

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
i got a ? for u guys.
my friend got an exhibition of speed ticket like a month ago, he just went to court and they gave him 2 years probation, $900 fine and two points on his record, i told him that seems to much. he was a stop light making a left and took off a bit quick and the tires squeeled just a bit (front wheel drive car) and right away he got pulled over. i told him that he should fight it, what do you guys think.

hes lucky he didnt have to spend the night in county, pay $4k in fines and $2500 to get the car out of the impound and took my L's for 6 month's. So id say be happy he didnt get screwed by the cop like I did and move on. but I was flat out racing he just squeeled em so I can see why ou think he should fight it but I dont think he is gonna win , exhibition of speed is exhibition of speed and in that case he got off kinda easy IMO but its just my opinion, im no legal expert... Not hating either, Im just giving you some reference from my mistake and what i had to go thru . good luck to your boy and hope it works out for him [patriot]
But if he can, yea fight it! and say he wasnt racing, the tires just sqeeked real quik or whatever he needs to say. good luck again.

[ November 20, 2010, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
he pleaded no contest

Pleading no contest is the same as pleading guilty with out saying guilty
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:
he pleaded no contest

Pleading no contest is the same as pleading guilty with out saying guilty
Pleading No contest is neither admitting guilty or non-guilty. The judge will simply hear your case right then and there and determine your verdict.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a 23019 for barking 2nd. It was a $345 fine and 2 points. It was originally 975, but I was the only one dress nice and acted mature at court, so I think he liked me and gave me a break.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a speed contest ticket years ago, the fine and points were crazy. I went in and pleaded not guilty. The stupid district attorney guy told me I have to have a jury trial and I said fine, lets do it. He then told me if I make more than $1200 a month I'd have to pay for my own attorney, I told him I'll just quit my job and then they can pay for it. After that I argued it down to one point and a $330 fine for an "unsafe start". I never plead guilty, I don't care if they got it on tape! I've beat 6 of 8 tickets by the cop not showing up to court, the other two I just argued and got the fine dropped way down.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
23109 last year fought it till it was dropped down to a unsafe lane change and speeding.200 fine. The killer was buying the car back from impound 1700 bux!

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SL302
¯
Member # 9218

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SL302  Ford pictures for SL302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same shit happened to me but I made a right turn lol but anyways at that time I didn't have my license so they just gave me a ticket for that and I had to get someone else to drive the car away. Tell him to fight it for sure!
Posts: 61 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

thanks guys i will make sure to pass this down to my friend.

--------------------

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

he cant fight it if he already went to court for it and thats what the judge gave him

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:

he cant fight it if he already went to court for it and thats what the judge gave him
+1 .... I got 23109 and Evading police... they dropped it to 300 6months suspended... no probation... I was 17

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A couple years back, I got an exhibition of speed ticket for doing a burnout about 2 houses long. I got a ticket for $381 with no probation or anything.. just 2 points and my fine after I pleaded guilty. Then I got a new job a couple weeks later and my boss said it'd be easier to get me on the company's car insurance by having one less point. I wrote a letter to the court to ask if they could take off one point because it was going to effect my future of becoming an automotive technician and for my present job. They gave me a retrial, I pleaded not guilty, and when my courtdate came, the cop that pulled me over left a letter with the court saying that "he had no recolection of what had happened".. so I got off with the $381 back in my pocket and a clean slate [Big Grin]

[ November 21, 2010, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: SLOWSN95 ]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
A couple years back, I got an exhibition of speed ticket for doing a burnout about 2 houses long. I got a ticket for $381 with no probation or anything.. just 2 points and my fine after I pleaded guilty. Then I got a new job a couple weeks later and my boss said it'd be easier to get me on the company's car insurance by having one less point. I wrote a letter to the court to ask if they could take off one point because it was going to effect my future of becoming an automotive technician and for my present job. They gave me a retrial, I pleaded not guilty, and when my courtdate came, the cop that pulled me over left a letter with the court saying that "he had no recolection of what had happened".. so I got off with the $381 back in my pocket and a clean slate [Big Grin]

I hate u. Ur a lucky man

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a 23109 3 years ago. i got caught doing burn out (just bolted up some mickeys for the first time), cop was just going to let me off the hook when his superior officer shows up and i got slammed with the 23109. 2 points 3yrd probation and a $400 fine. thanks for posting because that reminds me, that all gets dropped this month [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [dance]
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:

I hate u. Ur a lucky man
haha tell me about it!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a 23109 in my '66 a LONG time ago. I had a problem throwing power steering belts, so I had re-aligned the pump and was testing it out. I made a left turn and jumped on it. Luckily my car was slow and it didn't break loose but it was loud as hell. Didn't notice two motorcycle cops sitting at the opposite corner and I got lit up. The cop was a total dick about it and kept saying if I kept up my attitude he'd take me to jail since it was a misdemeanor.

Long story short, I ended up going to the library (yeah, cause it was before the Internet existed) and I looked up in the California law books what the definition of 23109 was and the precidents. I went to court, plead not guilty and stated my case at trial. I made copies of the law and precidents and the judge commended me on my work (especially since I was 18 at the time). Not guilty. Some dude even hi-fived me as I walked out. The cop was less than pleased.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com