Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pacquaio is afraid to fight African Americans!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pacquaio is afraid to fight African Americans!
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5820908

according to Bernard Hopkins...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL!

Until he fights a black guy, I have no reason to think it aign't true [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
burnout50
¯
Member # 6781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnout50  Ford pictures for burnout50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a good thing that Hopkins is bringing this up, it'll force Mayweather to sign a future fight with Pacquaio.
Pacman vs. Clottey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Qkab5817U

lol Last time I heard from Hopkins was when he was calling MMA gay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXLwxbaYqrM

[ November 19, 2010, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: BURNOUT50 ]

--------------------
SOLD! Clean '91 LX Hatch Original

Daily Driver - 2014 Mustang GT w/ Track Package

Posts: 220 | From: SF, Antioch, Rio Vista, Bay Area | Registered: May 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BURNOUT50:
This is a good thing that Hopkins is bringing this up, it'll force Mayweather to sign a future fight with Pacquaio.

lol Last time I heard from Hopkins was when he was calling MMA gay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXLwxbaYqrM

Good Gawd, that is one dumb SOB

--------------------
Stangless

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes] just an attempt to get pac an mayweather fire started..doesnt matter what color you are, everyone wants to see it happen.. but [BS flag] on styles that African-American fighters have because of being the streets or the inner cities and that they would be succesful in a fight against pac. would about all the Hispanic fighters, and the guys from europe?

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Manny is scared to fight anyone not managed by Arum...lol. Bhop is funny as hell tho. Shits not happening. Manny is retiring and Mayweather has legal issues. Manny is queer for not planning on unifying or defending any of the belts he has gotten. I hope they both retire so boxing can get back to grass roots. Welter division is deep as hell. Heavyweights may spice up with Adamek and Haye. These 2 queers are keeping boxing at a stand still.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
[Roll Eyes] just an attempt to get pac an mayweather fire started..doesnt matter what color you are, everyone wants to see it happen.. but [BS flag] on styles that African-American fighters have because of being the streets or the inner cities and that they would be succesful in a fight against pac. would about all the Hispanic fighters, and the guys from europe?

Most not all Latino fighters have the same come straight forward style. They don't use very much movement and alot of them are not that "fast".. that does not mean that style can"t be successful per say. It's just tailor made to lose against Manny pacroid. You see when Erik Morales and Marquez were successful they counter punched and boxed Manny which is why Floyd is tailor made to defeat manny if they fight. Look for Manny to either fight Cotto in a rematch or fight old washed up Shane Moseley next..

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

Most not all Latino fighters have the same come straight forward style. They don't use very much movement and alot of them are not that "fast".. that does not mean that style can"t be successful per say. It's just tailor made to lose against Manny pacroid. You see when Erik Morales and Marquez were successful they counter punched and boxed Manny which is why Floyd is tailor made to defeat manny if they fight. Look for Manny to either fight Cotto in a rematch or fight old washed up Shane Moseley next..
Cotto is slated to fight Margs from what I have been hearing. Manny has a belt that he is gonna relinquish. I personally think Shane can beat Manny. Shane is just slick enough to still pull off the upset. He should not be judged by the Mayweather fight per se. Mayweather makes everyone look bad. Manny has no where to go since Arum is out of Welters and Junior Mids. He wont fight a true 154. He wont go back down to welter. I'd like to see him and Zab personally. Truth be told there is a certain degree of truth to what Bhop is saying. But it is not color related. Manny will not fight a boxer. He will fight stand still straight forward boxers. His opponents were hand picked for a reason.

[ November 19, 2010, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Cotto is slated to fight Margs from what I have been hearing. Manny has a belt that he is gonna relinquish. I personally think Shane can beat Manny. Shane is just slick enough to still pull off the upset. He should not be judged by the Mayweather fight per se. Mayweather makes everyone look bad. Manny has no where to go since Arum is out of Welters and Junior Mids. He wont fight a true 154. He wont go back down to welter. I'd like to see him and Zab personally. Truth be told there is a certain degree of truth to what Bhop is saying. But it is not color related. Manny will not fight a boxer. He will fight stand still straight forward boxers. His opponents were hand picked for a reason.
Zab has no chin and would get layed out. Moseley is to old. Moseley's ONLY chance is to either box and counter punch him (something he rarely does) or Bully him into the ropes and try to steamroll him. and look for an early K.O. Moseley is only good for about 4 rounds now anyway. if the fight stays in the center of the ring Shane is gonna get picked apart. a few years ago I would say Shane had a chance but now Shanes chances are slim and none and it looks like slim just left town...

--------------------

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mosley would leave the fight looking the same way Margarito did..All the talk needs to stop about what would happen if he fought this person or whoever..Pac and mayweather needs to happen and thats it..Everyone has their opinions on the outcome of the fight but only 2 people in this world can determine that..thats it!

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Zab has no chin and would get layed out. Moseley is to old. Moseley's ONLY chance is to either box and counter punch him (something he rarely does) or Bully him into the ropes and try to steamroll him. and look for an early K.O. Moseley is only good for about 4 rounds now anyway. if the fight stays in the center of the ring Shane is gonna get picked apart. a few years ago I would say Shane had a chance but now Shanes chances are slim and none and it looks like slim just left town...
But Zab has heart. And I am not 100% confident in Mannys power. Truthfully Manny has not showed me much. Since Marquez he fought 2 shadows and 3 hand picked opponents. I want to see him defend or attempt to unify the 154 title. That he actually does not deserve. What happened to the days where boxers wanted to be king of the hill in a division? But alas Manny will not return to Welter. There are no other fights out there for him. Because self admittedly. He is only fighting for economics at this point. Same as Mayweather. Both fighters need to GTFO of boxing.

[ November 19, 2010, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Adamek [worship]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxkIsClG_nU

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, never realized b-hop was such an idiot!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
1sicmaro
~ I <3 Moms ~
Member # 9734

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicmaro  Ford pictures for 1sicmaro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like how some people say manny will not fight a true 154 pounder, but fail to realize marg came in at 167 and manny at 144, and why does this turn in 2 a race thing saying he never fought a true black fighter... who cares he has fought anyone and everyone put in front of him and as far as we all know hasnt ducked any fight. the "hand" picked fights i think were to just keep the ring rust off in case he does fight mayweather which i dont care who wins i just want to see a good fight. and besides the "hand" picked fights werent with any fighters who werent known or good fighters.marg, clottley, cotto, de la hoya and even over rated hatton were supposed to be top notch oppenents but manny found flaws in all of them. lets just all hope we get to see a pac vs mayweather fight be4 one of them is out of there prime
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 1sicmaro:
i like how some people say manny will not fight a true 154 pounder, but fail to realize marg came in at 167 and manny at 144, and why does this turn in 2 a race thing saying he never fought a true black fighter... who cares he has fought anyone and everyone put in front of him and as far as we all know hasnt ducked any fight. the "hand" picked fights i think were to just keep the ring rust off in case he does fight mayweather which i dont care who wins i just want to see a good fight. and besides the "hand" picked fights werent with any fighters who werent known or good fighters.marg, clottley, cotto, de la hoya and even over rated hatton were supposed to be top notch oppenents but manny found flaws in all of them. lets just all hope we get to see a pac vs mayweather fight be4 one of them is out of there prime

You do not watch boxing evidentually. They fought for the 154 title. Neither weighed 154 at the official weigh in. Neither fighter was ranked or even been ranked in that weight class. Neither figher ever fought in that weight class. Manny was offered the fight when then champ Sergio Martinez had the belt but he declined. Sergio vacated due to a rule he couldnt have the belt in 2 weight classes, then all of a sudden Manny wants to fight for it. Clottey fought Zab, whom is a faster southpaw than Manny Harder puncher than Manny and a better boxer than Manny. That fight was supposed to be better than it was. Clottey refused to throw a punch (Clottey is Arums as well). Cotto, normall a volume puncher whom works the body relentless. Threw like 60% less punches than he has ever thrown (Again Arums fighter). Margarito, in a normal world would have never got this shot. He looked terrible in his last 2 fights and got KO'd prior to the suspension. As far as better fights out there there are plenty. Besides Mayweather, when he fought Clottey whom he starved down to 145 there was Mosely and every one at Junior Welter. As for 154 there was Sergio, P-Dub, Pavlik, Strum...

Ultimately Manny did beat what was in front of him. But most pure fans will see through the bullsh*t with Manny. His achievements are not that great. And he is as much at fault as Manny is for a fight not happening. Manny wants to fight at welter but demnand Mayweather step in the ring at less than the Welterweight limit plus pay 10 million for every pound over 145? Now that is a unreasonable request. And you know why Manny is doing that? Because Marquez tried it to the tune of 10k per pound over the welter limit coming in the ring. Mayweather absorded the 60k fine and went on to outclass, outbox and embarass a fighter that in the real world beat Manny. So Manny figures he will starve plus hit Mayweather in the pockets since he probably wont hit him in the ring. But most Manny fans do not know this either.

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8 the H8! Never fails to hate on Manny! [Razz]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You do not watch boxing evidentually. They fought for the 154 title. Neither weighed 154 at the official weigh in. Neither fighter was ranked or even been ranked in that weight class. Neither figher ever fought in that weight class. Manny was offered the fight when then champ Sergio Martinez had the belt but he declined. Sergio vacated due to a rule he couldnt have the belt in 2 weight classes, then all of a sudden Manny wants to fight for it. Clottey fought Zab, whom is a faster southpaw than Manny Harder puncher than Manny and a better boxer than Manny. That fight was supposed to be better than it was. Clottey refused to throw a punch (Clottey is Arums as well). Cotto, normall a volume puncher whom works the body relentless. Threw like 60% less punches than he has ever thrown (Again Arums fighter). Margarito, in a normal world would have never got this shot. He looked terrible in his last 2 fights and got KO'd prior to the suspension. As far as better fights out there there are plenty. Besides Mayweather, when he fought Clottey whom he starved down to 145 there was Mosely and every one at Junior Welter. As for 154 there was Sergio, P-Dub, Pavlik, Strum...

Ultimately Manny did beat what was in front of him. But most pure fans will see through the bullsh*t with Manny. His achievements are not that great. And he is as much at fault as Manny is for a fight not happening. Manny wants to fight at welter but demnand Mayweather step in the ring at less than the Welterweight limit plus pay 10 million for every pound over 145? Now that is a unreasonable request. And you know why Manny is doing that? Because Marquez tried it to the tune of 10k per pound over the welter limit coming in the ring. Mayweather absorded the 60k fine and went on to outclass, outbox and embarass a fighter that in the real world beat Manny. So Manny figures he will starve plus hit Mayweather in the pockets since he probably wont hit him in the ring. But most Manny fans do not know this either.

That pretty much sums it up.... [patriot]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
N8 the H8! Never fails to hate on Manny! [Razz]

I do not hate Manny or Mayweather, I just love boxing. And to love boxing makes it impossible to stomach what these cats are both doing to boxing. The only difference is boxing writers and fans of boxing speak up against Mayweather. But in Manny's case his loyal fans are ignorant to the sport and love the man. That loyal following makes the boxing writers swallow their pen. So in essence what you have is the wool being pulled over the collective eye of the sport.

If you separate your personal attachment to either fighter and approach this from a pure boxing perspective you will see that Manny is indeed a cheat whom has had his career propped up by smoke and mirrors. And Mayweather is a self indulged poor excuse for a human masquerading as a boxer. What makes him successful is the fact is the best pure boxer out there.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

But Zab has heart. And I am not 100% confident in Mannys power. Truthfully Manny has not showed me much. Since Marquez he fought 2 shadows and 3 hand picked opponents. I want to see him defend or attempt to unify the 154 title. That he actually does not deserve. What happened to the days where boxers wanted to be king of the hill in a division? But alas Manny will not return to Welter. There are no other fights out there for him. Because self admittedly. He is only fighting for economics at this point. Same as Mayweather. Both fighters need to GTFO of boxing.
lol this is some funny ass shit.. fight a true 154.. pac can't even make the 150 catch weight for the 154 fight.. on fight day he gave up 17 pounds... but he needs to fight someone even bigger to prove what everyone already knows.. best pound for pound fighter out there... people forget he started fighting at what 104 or 108.. and for all the dumb ass people saying his roided.. really he can't make a 150 catch weight but is roiding out.. [Roll Eyes] and this whole fighting for a belt neither one of them was going to defend is a bullshit stunt... but that is boxing nowadays..

[ November 19, 2010, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

lol your so funny n8 i swear... everyone wants manny to fight guys that out weigh him by 20+ pounds.. to do what prove his is the best at beatting bigger guys? and if you knew boxing so well..you would know, gayweather said the same thing pac did about cotto.. cotto has no will to go in and let them fly.. he could but doesn't... both fighter seen this and beat him because of it.. [patriot]

[ November 19, 2010, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

lol your so funny n8 i swear... everyone wants manny to fight guys that out weigh him by 20+ pounds.. to do what prove his is the best at beatting bigger guys? and if you knew boxing so well..you would know, gayweather said the same thing pac did about cotto.. cotto has no will to go in and let them fly.. he could but doesn't... both fighter seen this and beat him because of it.. [patriot]
No you have it backwards. Guys do not want to fight Manny. Manny is moving up in weight and challenging guys in his quest for 8 belts in 8 weight classes. But when he does he makes them come in under the weight and removes the ability to bulk back up come ring entry time. Me? If I am fighting a bigger guy and challenging them. I am coming to them. Not trying to bring them to me. That is how boxing goes. And match weight is just plain BS. Believe me I know boxing well, very well. And Cotto, Clottey were thrown fights. Clotteys more than Cottos. Margarito should not have been there in the first place. Oscar was dehydrated to the point he couldnt function and Hatton was just a shattered man. So his last 5 fights have big question marks to me. And all along the way there were better fighters.

And when did Mayweather fight Cotto?

[ November 19, 2010, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com