Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Best work conversation...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best work conversation...
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Boss: Hey you busy?

Me: I'm good. Sup?

Boss: I've been meaning to give you this...

*hands me final check

Me: WTF? So... I'm fired?

Boss: Yeah... I was supposed to do it last week... but it was your birthday...

Me:...

Boss: So... Happy birthday!

Me: Thanks

[ October 28, 2010, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn serious bro? What for?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would of slaped his ass good luck one the job search man

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Sub standard job performance"

In reality, the economy is taking it's toll... and the owner is in foreclosure on his house and moving his business out of state. So like 99% of his people are getting let go for various reasons.

Word thru the grape vine is he hadn't paid his unemployment insurance premium in a long time... and if he lays us off and we file for unemployment, he'll get billed and it'll come out of his pocket.

Since we're "fired" we can't apply for unemployment. Seriously awesome.

Josef Mengele
¯
Member # 10402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josef Mengele  Ford pictures for Josef Mengele    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pretty sure you can file for unemployment and receive it as long as you were not fired for "gross misconduct". Subpar performance does not fall in line with gross misconduct. Your employer is FUCKED!
Josef Mengele
¯
Member # 10402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josef Mengele  Ford pictures for Josef Mengele    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Q: My employer fired me because I was always late and I did not make sales quotas for each month. I have to admit, I was often late and my sales were down. Can I still get unemployment benefits?

A: This is one of the most misunderstood areas of unemployment benefits. Many a fired employee thinks that if an employer had good reason for firing the employee, then he or she is not entitled to unemployment benefits. Generally, this is NOT true.

In California, to NOT receive unemployment, an employee must have been fired for "gross misconduct." (This is a term of art in unemployment claims. See below.)

An employee fired for being a dumb ass, lazy, negligent, or poor performer should still be entitled to unemployment. The EDD, NOT your employer, determines if your conduct "sunk" to the level of "gross misconduct." Generally, "gross misconduct" means a willful act that either caused, or could have caused, the employer to suffer significant injury or harm. An example of gross misconduct would be an employer catching an employee truck driver operating a company vehicle while intoxicated.

Assume the employee did not cause an accident nor get arrested by the police, but he gets fired. Drunk driving while in a company vehicle would be defined gross misconduct under the unemployment code and unemployment benefits would not be awarded to the fired employee.

Other examples of gross misconduct might be:
1) selling drugs at the workplace;
2) stealing employer property or money;
3) assaulting a co-worker; or
4) accidentally causing a building to burn down.

[ October 28, 2010, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: CupcakePrincess ]

Josef Mengele
¯
Member # 10402

quote:
Originally posted by 90fox5.0:
I would of slaped his ass good luck one the job search man

Assaulting a coworker would be defined as gross misconduct!
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

quote:
Originally posted by CupcakePrincess:
Pretty sure you can file for unemployment and receive it as long as you were not fired for "gross misconduct". Subpar performance does not fall in line with gross misconduct. Your employer is FUCKED!

That's good to know.

quote:
Originally posted by CupcakePrincess:
Other examples of gross misconduct might be...

LMAO
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You serious or playing? Last time we talked at the car show and at my job I'm not sure if I ever asked you where you work. Pm me your email and I will see about hitting you with info for when my job will be testing again.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Serious. PM sent.
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go and file for unemployment anyway. Worse case is that they say no.

www.edd.ca.gov

510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your good you will have no problem getting edd.i have friends that have got fired for pretty good reasons and still got unemployment.one for safety and he still got it.he gets more than i do..plus my mother works at the hayward office.good luck looking for work i've been for awhile it seems like since everybody is looking for work that they don't have to pay like they used to.they want a lot but don't want to pay $h!t.good luck get your money.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I fired a guy at my job because he came to work drunk on many occasions and then didn't show up one day. So he got canned. Next thing you know he is filing for unemployment, we deny it. End up going to court with this guy and he WINS!!! WTF? so i think in your situation you can get EDD no problem.

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit i went to jail, then got fired, got out and still filed a claim and i got paid. Just do it like secnd2nun64 said worst thing is there just gonna say know.

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seems unprofessional to fire you and say happy birthday...make a complaint.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I was him I would have put your final check inside a birthday card

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
If I was him I would have put your final check inside a birthday card

I would have had a stripper pop out of a cake, with a check in hand, going happy birthday, your fired! Look at titties, dont shoot the place up!

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hahaha

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

LOL... Yeah i'm gonna look into filing for unemployment first thing next week. It shouldn't be a problem i hope.

I just hate being fired. It's a blemish on my employment history. Especially considering I was never late, and worked overtime whenever asked... "sub par performance" is some bullshit. it's just a good excuse that's hard to fight...

I would rather have had the opportunity to quit.

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just got laid off also, but due to the company i worked for shut there doors the day they told us. good luck with finding something, i am a union sheet metal worker and its hard to find work out there any where
Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont act like your busy not working! lol Go on the website and fill out the form. It's going to take time for them to get back to you. Putting it off wont look good on your part.
408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:

*hands me final check

damm that sucks bro. at least he waited i got fired the friday before my birthday weekend. its funny cuz my coworkers had brought be a cake monday..to bad i didnt come back lol

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by foxstang:
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:

*hands me final check

damm that sucks bro. at least he waited i got fired the friday before my birthday weekend. its funny cuz my coworkers had brought be a cake monday..to bad i didnt come back lol
I'm sorry but that's funny [worship]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
wtf? thats hella random, i wonder how many people burned down buildings while being employed here in CA

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Apply for edd even if they deny ur claim ask to see a edd judge and go to court.your boss must show up and prove you deserved to get terminated.also when they give you your phone interview watch what you say the write everything down.be sure to mention your boss gave you an extra week,u can use that as evidence that u where not a bad employee or he wouldn't have payed you an extra week

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com