Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what would you do???? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what would you do????
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill get straight to the point with this...
my kid was bitten by my wifes friends boyfriends uncles dog....make sense?
now for the info...sorry kinda long...
anyways this happened 3 months ago and he was out of town when this happened but they were watching over the house/dog and we stopped by the house. the dog, a rott was eating when my daughter walked passed and pet/brushed up on her and the dog snapped back and bite her arm.we were in the house w other people and there were adults near them when this happened just wasnt us. we do feel terrible for letting them out of our sight w the dog in the house but we all just got done petting her and she seemed to be friendly.anyways we took her to the er and they had to cut some of her fat off bc the dog pierced her arm and a chunk of fat was coming out of the hole.when he got back into town they informed him of what happened and he gave the dog away. we were told that he was on board for paying the med bills and we'd leave it at that as long as he gave us proof that the dog was up to date on all its shots and whatnot . well fast forward to last week, we get a collections notice and call the friend to get his # bc we had been relaying messages thru them and just wanted to talk to him directly at this point. i call and leave a vm my wife calls and leaves a vm with no call in return, so i decide to call him blocked yesterday and he answers! so i ask him what the deal is and what did he plan on doing/not doing. and the guy says well since you were in my house w/o permission i dont think im at fault. we tell him we were invited in we didnt break in and thats something he needs to talk to his nephew about our concern is this medical bill and if he was going to keep his word or if we'd have to take other methods to collect payment(legal). he says hes going to think about it and call us back within 24 hours and he tells my wife he wants to deal w her. he calls her today and says that he feels he should only pay part of the bill bc we were in his house w/o his permission and i feel thats BS. weve got a $1200 doc bill that i feel he should be responsible for bc HIS dog bit my kid. and he wants for us to sign some shit saying that we will not pursue and legal action if he pays $750. so basically idk if i should demand that he pay the full bill or if i should look at other ways to collect? we wanted this to go as smooth as possible but with no word back from him for 3 months i dont think he cares too much. anyone have any suggestions on what we should do? i dont like having to go the legal route but if thats what must be done then it will and also i think if we do go that way we'll go all out. no more favors. my kid is TERRIFIED of dogs now! she cant even look at one w/o being frightened.
as always any advice/info is greatly appreciated
thanks [patriot]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gonna have to pony up. The child was unsupervised they will find that in court.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude sounds like douchebag, the ball is in your court fuck the bastard and go the legal route, you were nice enough to not report it to authorities and he wants to be a dick, just make a report & suit the bastard.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think you'll get anything if you go to court, medical insurance didn't cover the bills?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0_707:
ill get straight to the point with this...
my kid was bitten by my wifes friends boyfriends uncles dog....make sense?
now for the info...sorry kinda long...
anyways this happened 3 months ago and he was out of town when this happened but they were watching over the house/dog and we stopped by the house. the dog, a rott was eating when my daughter walked passed and pet/brushed up on her and the dog snapped back and bite her arm.we were in the house w other people and there were adults near them when this happened just wasnt us. we do feel terrible for letting them out of our sight w the dog in the house but we all just got done petting her and she seemed to be friendly.anyways we took her to the er and they had to cut some of her fat off bc the dog pierced her arm and a chunk of fat was coming out of the hole.when he got back into town they informed him of what happened and he gave the dog away. we were told that he was on board for paying the med bills and we'd leave it at that as long as he gave us proof that the dog was up to date on all its shots and whatnot . well fast forward to last week, we get a collections notice and call the friend to get his # bc we had been relaying messages thru them and just wanted to talk to him directly at this point. i call and leave a vm my wife calls and leaves a vm with no call in return, so i decide to call him blocked yesterday and he answers! so i ask him what the deal is and what did he plan on doing/not doing. and the guy says well since you were in my house w/o permission i dont think im at fault. we tell him we were invited in we didnt break in and thats something he needs to talk to his nephew about our concern is this medical bill and if he was going to keep his word or if we'd have to take other methods to collect payment(legal). he says hes going to think about it and call us back within 24 hours and he tells my wife he wants to deal w her. he calls her today and says that he feels he should only pay part of the bill bc we were in his house w/o his permission and i feel thats BS. weve got a $1200 doc bill that i feel he should be responsible for bc HIS dog bit my kid. and he wants for us to sign some shit saying that we will not pursue and legal action if he pays $750. so basically idk if i should demand that he pay the full bill or if i should look at other ways to collect? we wanted this to go as smooth as possible but with no word back from him for 3 months i dont think he cares too much. anyone have any suggestions on what we should do? i dont like having to go the legal route but if thats what must be done then it will and also i think if we do go that way we'll go all out. no more favors. my kid is TERRIFIED of dogs now! she cant even look at one w/o being frightened.
as always any advice/info is greatly appreciated
thanks [patriot]

If you go to your local courthouse they offer free legal advice when making a small claims court case. Im sure he has home owners insurance. what you would need to do is find out some kind of way who his insurer is and file a claim. Fuck him! You can also put a lien on his house when you win your case (YOU WILL WIN) as well..

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Gonna have to pony up. The child was unsupervised they will find that in court.

Don"t matter. if I go to your house and slip on your front step and break my arm. You are liable! in other words, you better not ever invite me to your house! j/k! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go over there and knock him the F out. Street justice, f the courts. And have your kid watch you kick that person's ass! Just dont get beat up in front of your kid.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't know if you'll win that one since the child was unsupervised and the dog was in his home and this didn't happend outside the house . Also why did you leave a child alone with a rot.also a lot of dogs do not see little children as people because the move different then adults and you never bother a dog while eating. Besides that I hope things do work out on your behalf . And your child learns not to be afraid of all dogs.

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Go over there and knock him the F out. Street justice, f the courts. And have your kid watch you kick that person's ass! Just dont get beat up in front of your kid.

No shit, knock his block off and say your not responsible because he didn't invite you in! I'd sue his ass, the dog owner is responsible for what the dog does! It doesn't cost much to file in small claims court and he'll look like a clown trying to argue the law.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thas a tough one that guy didn't invite u over n its at his house, don't think u can win that. Even though the nephew invited u that's not his house to begin with. I would never leave any kids alone with a dam pit either

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its your fault for leaving your kid wit rot....i think he should beat your ass for leaving your kid like that......and y should he have to pay for anything if he wasnt even in town and his dog was in his house not on the street

and i feel sorry for the lil gurl but wen u try to even pet a dog wile eating he thinks ur trying to take his food and will atack you so

so just pay the bill and take care of your kids

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STANGBOY:
its your fault for leaving your kid wit rot....i think he should beat your ass for leaving your kid like that......and y should he have to pay for anything if he wasnt even in town and his dog was in his house not on the street

and i feel sorry for the lil gurl but wen u try to even pet a dog wile eating he thinks ur trying to take his food and will atack you so

so just pay the bill and take care of your kids

True dat, if i was mad like you i would just kick his ass but my picture of you as a father is that you are no better than this kid's dad for what you did.

-

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should go on Judge Judy so all of you can get your butts chewed out. lol

I would say 50/50 is fair. Shit happens... everybody just gets sue happy these days.

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry to hear to what happen to your daughter but really it was not the dog fault at all, he is an animal at his home defending his territory and his food, kids get into things all the times and your kid was at the wrong place and time, when i was a kid i got bit by my friends dog because i bother the dog while eating. poor dog for losing his home/owner.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
sorry to hear to what happen to your daughter but really it was not the dog fault at all, he is an animal at his home defending his territory and his food, kids get into things all the times and your kid was at the wrong place and time, when i was a kid i got bit by my friends dog because i bother the dog while eating. poor dog for losing his home/owner.

+1 sucks for the owner cus he wasnt even home.....Id take responsibilty and cover the bill for leaving my kid unsupervised with a dog i dont know....

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Think of it this way what would you have done if there was no dog, but you kid was still unsupervised and stuck a fork in the outlet ,would you still think the owner was at fault cause it was his house.? And what did you expect the nephew to do put the dog out so your daughter can frolic in the house by herself unattended ?. It's the dogs house not yours he had the right to be there ,and you had the right to beware of dog. It's your responsibility as a parent to not put your kid at risk.

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
talk to a lawyer and see what they say...its free for the most part. sorry to hear your daughter is traumatized when she sees dogs now...hopefully it doesnt affect her alot. good luck.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea playa overall it is your fault for leaving the kid with a rot and I do not believe the owner is at fault. I think what he is offering is fair. But someone brought up a good point about any injury happening in a home can render the owner liable. So I would say get to court and see. But I can understand your anger, it would be extremely hard for me to contain myself.
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes] on some of these answers you guys are giving him. About a few years ago a 27 Year dude and his friend that wasn't with him he told the court were trying to open my big iron gate to get inside. One dude had sticks and the other was sticking his hand in trying to open the gate my blue nose pit was going crazy back and forth. My neighbor came out to smoke a cigarette and seen them and yelled hey what are you doing. The 27 Year old dude happen to leave his hand in the gate and my dog used it for a chew toy for a second. Cops came fire men and was saying dude was up to no good and said the dog did its job. But none of them wrote a report on it. And two different judges told me the same thing that it does not matter he was bit by my dog and I'm at fault. Dude even changed his story in quart saying he was walk to the store which his right hand that got bit would be facing the fence. But in the paper work he told animal control he was walking home and witch his left hand was facing the fence. Aways dude sued for 2500 In bills and 5500 from payne and suffering total amount 8 Grand. also had to put my dog to sleep [Frown]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also my cuzin was bit when he was lil my aunt sued for 6 grand. And some I know had his dogg in a lil kennel and his friends daughter got bit in the face some how and he got sued for like 15 grand. Just take dude to small claims court.

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Wow, irresponsible father equals paycheck nowadays. Go get your paycheck then buddy, you earned it!
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the guy owns the house you can sue his homeowners insurance but be prepared for a battle and you will quickly get shot down for leaving the child unsupervised.

There are stories, true ones, about people entering houses un invited and getting hurt and suing for big money etc etc, however, those are few and far between and the laws that made those cases successful were quickly lobbied by big big money insurance companies and done away with. Money makes this world go around, corporate greed etc I wont get into that but...

If you go to the homeowners insurance and are asking for a paltry sum of what? 5 racks max? They are gonna laugh and pay it out. If you are asking for big money, they are gonna stop communication and lawyer up and you wont get shit but the run around and possible lawyer fees.

From an ethical stand point I, as a man, would man up and take the responsibility, learn my lesson from this experience. Pay the bills, help my kid with their mental anguish (this is horrifying to a child, I should know I was bit on the ankle and drug around by a german shepard when I was 5 myself) and move on.

So I guess it really boils down to what kind of person you are.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your at fault here. You NEVER EVER leave your kid with a dog unattended. I don't care if the dog has been the best friend ever. Its still an animal. Also, you never let a kid near a dog that is eating. Mistake 2. The guy should not be liable for anything, as you were in the wrong, not him. But in this day and age everyone feels entitled, and wont take responsibility for there actions. Bad parenting should not deserve a paycheck.

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

No shit, knock his block off and say your not responsible because he didn't invite you in! I'd sue his ass, the dog owner is responsible for what the dog does! It doesn't cost much to file in small claims court and he'll look like a clown trying to argue the law.
people like you are fucking retared!..you could make the same agrument about being responsible for the kid.. it's both party's faults..

1st. you were in the dogs house...invited or not.
2nd.. the dog was eating and your(op's)child bumped the unknown dog. i.e. dog is protecting his/her's food is his/her's own house..

the op and the dog owner should go halfs on all costs.. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

people like you are fucking retared!..you could make the same agrument about being responsible for the kid.. it's both party's faults..

1st. you were in the dogs house...invited or not.
2nd.. the dog was eating and your(op's)child bumped the unknown dog. i.e. dog is protecting his/her's food is his/her's own house..

the op and the dog owner should go halfs on all costs.. [patriot]

Sarcasm, dickface, learn it and get my nuts off your chin.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com