Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Best Earbuds? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best Earbuds?
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok I have a set of Moda earbuds they were about $100 and are OK. I'm looking for something better...Right now its between the KOSS or BOSE but wanted to know what else is out there. I need the ear peices not to fall off, sound to be great and needs to be able to be used as microphone for my iphone.

Thanks

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont know about being able to be used as microphones, but I heard great things about Shure earphones. Both middle end and high end models.
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a set of Koss ones, with the changeable ear bud deals. Not sure about the iphone thing however.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nate are the Koss ones you have the 162933 models? If so you like em?
Notch_notch
¯
Member # 8902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch_notch  Ford pictures for Notch_notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the best earbuds dre..

--------------------
How many fake accounts does one need? Make a fake account, get the ban. It's in the rules.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Nate are the Koss ones you have the 162933 models? If so you like em?

Yes but mine are not red, but have the knob on 'em. When you have them puppies on and cranked up. You wont hear sh*t else. I use 'em to work out in and they are great. I have had other sets that have better bass and overall sound (I forgot the brand but they have a skull for the logo) but these seem to seal out noise better.

Oh I remember the brand "Skull Candy" great sounding headphones. Still not sure of the iphone thing.

[ October 12, 2010, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I honestly thought Koss was bottom of the line junk. Everything I've seen make by Koss was low end CD players and stuff like that. Maybe I'm thinking of something else....... I've got a cheap set of Skull Candy ones that sound decent but plan on upgrading at some point.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The best is Ultimate Ears 18 Pro with microphone attachment. Out of the box the Shure SE535 and the Klipsch X-10i are not bad either.

Try out ones with different sized tips to get a better fit. If none of them fit well you may need to go custom. Oh there is another company in Castro Valley called Earpeace Technologies and they make livewires. I have a set of their dual drivers and they very accurate and true to sound. They are a custom monitor earphone too for around 250. The guy is an audiologist and can do the ear impressions for free.

I will warn you the best earphones are so good that you will hear all the flaws in a bad source and it will sound like shit.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I honestly thought Koss was bottom of the line junk. Everything I've seen make by Koss was low end CD players and stuff like that. Maybe I'm thinking of something else....... I've got a cheap set of Skull Candy ones that sound decent but plan on upgrading at some point.

Yea they diversified their offerings to aim at the cheaper crowd. The used to specialize in pure high end. But they still have good stuff out there. These ones I like a lot because they stay in and sound good. I am sure there are better ones out there for more cash.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can personally vouch for these two sets.

Ultimate Ears 18 pro

http://ultimateears.com/en-us/products/18-pro

livewires.

http://www.mylivewires.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=53

Check out Shures, Etymotic Research, and Westone also.

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
METAL JACKETS from SKULL CANDY!!!

i use when i snowboard and are the shit

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been faithful to Bose.

Had their gen. 1 MIE (Mobile in ear) headsets that didn't have the microphone years ago. Their gen. 2 has it so I upgraded.

Sounds good and if/when they break call their warranty line and an actual american citizen answers and helps you out.

I am on my 3rd pair, my co-worker in on his 4th. At no charge except shipping.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:

For 1300 bucks those beezies better come with a fluffer and be able to wash dishes.

[ October 12, 2010, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Thanks for the large response...lots to choose from. I like the moda vibes only in order use them on my bike you have to have the volume all the way up or else they cut in and out at high speeds. Not reliable enough for me.

Will do a little more homework

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:

For 1300 bucks those beezies better come with a fluffer and be able to wash dishes.
The OP did say he wants the best. Realistically the average consumer won't need them but with the correct setup it is an orgasm to your ears. I listen to a lot of music and play in large ensembles and have tried them all. These along with the livewires are the best for the money.
NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got some Sony ones,Interchangable ear buds,and microphone for the iPhone,I payed 40 at walmart.and they sound good,blocks alot of outside noise
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beats audio is legit. Its made by monster cable and has the iphone mic thing.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks for the large response...lots to choose from. I like the moda vibes only in order use them on my bike you have to have the volume all the way up or else they cut in and out at high speeds. Not reliable enough for me.

you listen to muisc when riding
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch_notch:
the best earbuds dre..

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

This is really smart to do. I mean, its great when you cant hear brakes locking up on you but goddamn, Metallica fn rocks!
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

This is really smart to do. I mean, its great when you cant hear brakes locking up on you but goddamn, Metallica fn rocks!
that how i roll
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NCALSVT:
I got some Sony ones,Interchangable ear buds,and microphone for the iPhone,I payed 40 at walmart.and they sound good,blocks alot of outside noise

Yea I've got some sonys from walmart $40, best bang for your buck but I didn't have any microphone on mine

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Sesar5.0
¯
Member # 8553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesar5.0  Ford pictures for Sesar5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:
Originally posted by Notch_notch:
the best earbuds dre..

+1 [patriot]
beats by dre ftw

--------------------
1990 lx 5.0
PS4 ID Sesar5_0

Posts: 864 | From: Cotija Michoacan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BEATS > OVER-EAR > PRO
BUYFEATURESREVIEWS

Attention sound engineers, DJs, musicians, and hard core music lovers: Beats Pro is the reference headphone designed by audio professionals for audio professionals. Particularly, those who prefer a clean yet forceful sound. Built from strong yet lightweight aluminum for rugged use on-the-go, flip up ear cups let you monitor the room without taking Beats Pro off your head. And dual input/output cable ports enable you to share mixes by daisy-chaining headphones.

(10 reviews)
Read 10 ReviewsWrite a Review

$449.95

THIS PRODUCT EARNS 135 MONSTER BUCKS
 FREE SHIPPING

also available at:Best Buy

Durable, but light, aluminum frame
Pro are designed and constructed to stand up to anything.
Extra long, coiled cable
Don't get tangled up in your work. Wired by Monster, the coiled cable is extra durable, yet flexible, giving your extra length when you need it.
Plush and washable ear cushions
Made plush to stay comfy and reduce ear fatigue. Made removable and washable because you want the beats funky, not your headphones.
Flip-up ear cups
Incredibly convenient backward spinning ear cups let you easily hear what's going on in the studio.
Threaded 1/4-inch Adaptor with Tether
Heavy duty, gold plated 1/4-inch adaptor ensures you’re ready for any set up. And the attached tether makes sure it's there when you need it, not lost at your last gig.
Proprietary Duel Input/Output Cable Ports
Plug your headphone cable into the right earcup, or the left. Even more amazing, when you plug into one side, the other port automatically switches to output mode, so you can daisy chain with multiple headphones.
One Year Limited Warranty
What's In The Box
Headphones
Monster Cable headphone cable (1.8 meters with a coil that extends it to 2.1 meters)
1/8 to 1/4” adapter
Touring case
Monster Clean Cloth with Anti-microbial protection

-

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Radius Atomic Bass for iPhone - Inexpensive and sound pretty good

http://www.radiusearphones.com/store/Atomic-Bass-Earphones/

Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com