Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » coug got primer (now got paint) !!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: coug got primer (now got paint) !!!!
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well got the primer on and now its wet sanding time again. Going to shoot one more coat of primer after i hit the little imperfections. Should be painted by end of the month.  -  -

[ October 28, 2010, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is the color that im shooting for..  -

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's gonna look good but I would go with a darker color IMO, Cougars look meaner with darker colors...

But like I said it will look good no matter what color you paint it except for pink..lol

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [worship] I am not worthy!

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you doing this yourself? If so are you learing as you go? Or did you go to school for this?

I ask because I am tossing around the idea of trying to paint my own car using this donor LX I have.

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Never went to school, kinda self taught over the years. This is my second car that im actually painting. Ive just done alot of research and have put alot of body work hours in. The painting part is actually pretty easy and alot of fun. But paint is nothing with out good prep and body work. Thats where you spend a shit load of hours at.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
Never went to school, kinda self taught over the years. This is my second car that im actually painting. Ive just done alot of research and have put alot of body work hours in. The painting part is actually pretty easy and alot of fun. But paint is nothing with out good prep and body work. Thats where you spend a shit load of hours at.

Yea been looking into it for months, even have most of the tools to do it. Just chicken shit I guess...lol.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:

Yea been looking into it for months, even have most of the tools to do it. Just chicken shit I guess...lol.
Chicken shit lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully those rims are part of the removal procedure =/

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking real good and straight

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its going to look badass that color.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Thanks... the rims will be changed out someday.. not in a big rush right now

--------------------

blk67stang
¯
Member # 6234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk67stang  Ford pictures for blk67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking good.was the body in good shape before you started?

--------------------
ford is a way of life

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good man!

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by blk67stang:
looking good.was the body in good shape before you started?

no it was pretty dinged up.. you could surf off the waves in the doors and quarter panels..lol..
only bad rust was in the lower portion of the door. i chopped all the rust out and welded new sheet metal in.

-
 -

--------------------

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin any pics of the process you did on repairing that door?

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

-
 - CARD BOARD TEMPLATE..

cant find my pic after i welded it and grinded it down.. i will keep lookin..

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice work

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGOD  Ford pictures for SVTGOD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cant wait to see it painted, looks good so far

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

-

second coat and the lil stuff fixed.. wet sand tomorrow and it should be ready

--------------------

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Dam those lines look sharp man!

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good! Are you going to pull the side glass/trim off for paint? In case you didnt do it already, you may want to clean out and reseal the drip rail channels. You planning to shoot it yourself?
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

yeah im gonna shoot it myself. this car is really in great shape. the drip rails have no rust or damage. Now my mustang on the other hand is F'ed. Im gonna have to pull them off when i repaint. The side glass i think im gonna just tape off. I hate trying to align all the glass again.

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

-

-

-

cant wait to cut and buff it out... i love the color in the light it's blue, but in the darker area's it looks almost purple.

--------------------

Josef Mengele
¯
Member # 10402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josef Mengele  Ford pictures for Josef Mengele    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks nice cuzz, keeping it gangsta with the wires!

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com