Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you get? Semi luxury car... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What would you get? Semi luxury car...
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been considering dumpin the caddy and getting something with an auto. At first I was pretty hot and heavy about getting a trailblazer ss but now the more I think about it what I liked about the caddy were the comfort features.

So having said that I've been looking at either

a) 7 series 02-06 BMW
b) cl55 Mercedes again 02-06
c)Lexus gs 02-06

I am open to suggestions comments concerns and looking to hear of prior owners of these.

Ideally I wouldn't mind a CLS Mercedes with that sexy slopped look but I can't justify dropping 40 k on a daily driver

I'd like it to be in the mid 20's or less as I plan on paying it straight out. Never made payments on really anything besides my mortgage and would like to keep it that way.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Used C63 AMG

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theturbofrdguy:
Used C63 AMG

thats still not gonna put him in his price range..they're all nice cars, but the best looking car for the price your willing to spend is really going to be the deciding factor. for the price, I think a slightly modded ss trailblazer ss would be a good daily, yet still fun to drive, and would be able to take to the snow in the winter. If not, I'd lean towards choice #2

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
Originally posted by theturbofrdguy:
Used C63 AMG

thats still not gonna put him in his price range..they're all nice cars, but the best looking car for the price your willing to spend is really going to be the deciding factor. for the price, I think a slightly modded ss trailblazer ss would be a good daily, yet still fun to drive, and would be able to take to the snow in the winter. If not, I'd lean towards choice #2
I have a Nissan armada that I use for towing my enclosed trailer. Kind of the reason why having another suv is like ughhh.

The way I kinda see it from what I've researched is realiability best will be the Lexus. The Mercedes the most "gucci" and the beamer bang for the buck but with a risk of poor reliabilty.

Or amd I wrong?

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lexus IS, GS, or LS are all great cars. Acura's are also awesome, and offer Honda reliability and fuel economy.
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about a 300C SRT 8?
Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you get a 7 series dont get the first year, my mom had one and it had alot of issues in terms of like electronics, and the car randomly not acting right....she got a 03 and has had those problems.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1985971420.html

AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd get an E55 AMG or a E63 AMG

-

-

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
from those 3 cars you listed, you'll will get bored of the tbss fast. it's a great handling suv with decent power, but the interior is f'n awful. i know b/c i had one. love the outside appearance, but it's cheap ass shit when you sit inside. avg. 15mpg wasn't good for my pockets either commuting 90 miles a day.

i think if you're after reliability and luxury, stick with lexus and infiniti cars. slap on a set of highend wheels and you're set.

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Of those choices, I would take either the CL55 or an E55 and I actually prefer BMW to Mercedes... just not the 7.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some of the cars listed are $80k brand new. Keep in mind...while the price of the car may have fallen within reach, the price for parts and labor remains 100% as new.
Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
vicstatic
¯
Member # 6702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vicstatic  Ford pictures for vicstatic    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lexus GS. Beautiful, Performance, Quality.
Had an 01 GS400. 190k trouble free miles.

--------------------
Looking for Fox

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

So many Choices hmmmm.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5 series bimma
 -

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Of your choices i would take the 06' Lexus GS 430.

Subtle DD comfort, good looks without the baller or wannabe baller image.

Ive always liked the looks of those and quick research shows 06' as first year for the 6A.

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards the Lexus too.

I need to test drive the cars and make a decision based on that then I'll check the consumer reviews based on what the lesser evil.

That 5 series looks good.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a 7 series BMW
 -

-

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Notch_notch
¯
Member # 8902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch_notch  Ford pictures for Notch_notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 50Reasons:
[QB] Get a 7 series BMW
 -

DAMNNNNNNN!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
How many fake accounts does one need? Make a fake account, get the ban. It's in the rules.

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We had a 2007 E500 sport package from new for about 85k miles with no problems at all. They were like $75k new and are really affordable now with not too many miles. There are also c55's floating around for mid-twenties with low mileage. Be careful with those CL55's and other top dollar AMG's that are low 20's now, I hear they are plagued with issues and a simple visit to the dealer can cost a couple thousand.
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
found it, a FORD and luxurious!!!!

http://www.examiner.com/auto-in-hartford/2011-ford-fiesta-coming-this-summer-delivers-a-lot-of-luxury-a-sub-compact-package

-

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mercedes>BMW
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd get the bimmer...but a 5-series! 7-series are just too big, especially for a DD. Th e5-series are perfect [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
Mercedes>BMW

[worship]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5LTR SVT:
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
Mercedes>BMW

[worship]
This +1

Bimmers look like any other car on the road and lost thier styling a couple of years ago. They just look to bland for the money you spend on them.

Mercs > Bimmer

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com