Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ready to jump on the supplements bandwagon.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ready to jump on the supplements bandwagon.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I couldnt find the old topic so I thought I would throw it out there again.

"What are people using for supplements for lean muscle mass"?

I started doing some training to get into bodybuilding and so far I like the results. But this seems a little different than training for sports performance so I think I may need a lil help supplement wise to get over the top. Not sure if I ever want to compete as I plan to hoop and continue boxing until I cant.

Right now I workout pretty much 6 days a week (includes hoop and boxing). Only stuff I am taking is Mega Mens multivitamin, GNC Whey Protein and Glutamine. And my diet is not great but not terrible either. I am not looking for anything extreme at the moment. Something moderate with a cycle that is easy to maintain. I just need to lean up, right now I seem to be bulking up.

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I get my ephedra at mysupplementstore.com, I think its the only place on line that I have found that sells it still. I get lypodrene and when I do my cardio I sweat more and dont get tired vs. doing ephedra free. If you go to musculardevelopement.com they have a good forum on diet meals at home and tips. I found the weirdest thing to be the whole cardio. Too much too fast kills muscle, but at least you loose the weight and fast. You have to do it based on a target heart rate so that you dont burn muscle for energy.

http://www.mysupplementstore.com/ep.html

Then a methyl 13 and some liver products to boot.

If I diet I get weak and the methyl helps me stay relatively the same.

bigC

[ September 14, 2010, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks man....gonna check out some of those links. burning fat is not a concern of mine at this point. but leaning up is. I have lifted heavy for so long for performance enhancing that the principles of bodybuilding seem to not be taking hold. I need to lean up. I am drifting upwords around 210
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot to mention that you should join the MD forum to get to view those free work out video's. They have the top guys in the sport showing how they do it without purchasing the videos. You only get the hightlights and not a true 1hour long video, but its good enough.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

After you watch a couple of them from Dorian, Cutler, Warren, and all of those you notice a trend they call mind to muscle connection. Its almost the complete opposite to sports athletes and powerlifting. They also tend to do what the average Joe considers high reps like 12~15, but heavy with mind to muscle.

Good luck,
bigC

[ September 14, 2010, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get a good preworkout mix like some white flood or something like that don't get any noxplode or any shit like that it has creatine and a ton of sugar if u want lean mass stay away from creatine that jus promotes water weight. If u don't care about using prohormones ive used the tren from American cellular labs and that shit works good. But last I heard they got banned or some shit I don't know if that's true or not but they sell that shit at maxmuscle I know other companys make that same tren shit it's the same compound. Get a good whey like ON optimum whey drink some after ur workout with water and drink some before bed with whole milk. Also get a good amino acid complex consume that shit a few times a day keep your body anabolic it will promote lean mass and fat loss there's alot more shit to it but that's a good foundation good aminos good multi v good whey good preworkout mix and glutamine. Also 80% of ur gains comes from ur diet

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if ur just lookin to lean up then diet is best bet, ive used a product called animal cuts made by universal, works well to help lean out but the key is diet, i went from 208 to 179 in 12weeks, diet was key though

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Thanks gents. I am paranoid to use anything with the word "Hormone" in it...lol. Yea I am thinking keep it simple. Maybe I will start by finding a better Whey protein and introduce some amino acids, I am already on Glutamine and multi-v. I was talking to a dude and he said sometimes it is just genetics, some people cut and some people bulk. I have gained muscle mass since trying the bodybuilder thing versus training fr boxing, but I am starting to no longer look like a hoop player. I dont want to get all retarded swoll to the point where you look useless.

Yea I know my diet is snag spot. I do not eat terrible but I am not on veggies fish only either.

Oh and I suffered another setback, torn meniscus. Ill be on the shelf for another 2 months.

[ September 15, 2010, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Thanks gents. I am paranoid to use anything with the word "Hormone" in it...lol. Yea I am thinking keep it simple. Maybe I will start by finding a better Whey protein and introduce some amino acids, I am already on Glutamine and multi-v. I was talking to a dude and he said sometimes it is just genetics, some people cut and some people bulk. I have gained muscle mass since trying the bodybuilder thing versus training fr boxing, but I am starting to no longer look like a hoop player. I dont want to get all retarded swoll to the point where you look useless.

Yea I know my diet is snag spot. I do not eat terrible but I am not on veggies fish only either.

Oh and I suffered another setback, torn meniscus. Ill be on the shelf for another 2 months.

howd that happen? bball?

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by SFvert:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

howd that happen? bball?
Yea man, it happened playing hoop and I played through it and played a few more times after that. But the other day shit just didnt feel right. So I went to the doc and they let me know abut my meniscus. I never had any knee problems in my life so he said my knees outside of that are in great shape. So he urged I stay away from boxing and hoop for a month or so then come back in for another MRI to see if the have to scope and have surgery.
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Oval:
if ur just lookin to lean up then diet is best bet, ive used a product called animal cuts made by universal, works well to help lean out but the key is diet, i went from 208 to 179 in 12weeks, diet was key though

+100...diet is 80%. Should never run out of energy with the right diet. Gone from 235 to 173. Currently in the deep weeks with Insanity.

fyi...Ryan Reynolds got super cut for Blade 3 from eating 7-8 meals a day calculated down to a science.

[ September 15, 2010, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Topete ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Topete:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Oval:

+100...diet is 80%. Should never run out of energy with the right diet. Gone from 235 to 173. Currently in the deep weeks with Insanity.

fyi...Ryan Reynolds got super cut for Blade 3 from eating 7-8 meals a day calculated down to a science.

Yea energy is not the issue. Its how the muscle is building. I am a older cat, but for instance for boxing I am able to drop to cruiserweight (190) from heavy weight pretty easily (210-215). But now the muscle I am putting on is bulking me up. so now if I were to try to cut down I would be killing muscle. Hard to explain, but I am bulking up. Tho if you guys have a canned diet in mind I would like to take a look at it.
Fast92lxcoupe
¯
Member # 8221

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast92lxcoupe  Ford pictures for Fast92lxcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW [Eek!] You guys write too much. im interested in reading this thread but its WAY too much reading. Im too lazy to read all of that. Can someone summerize it all in 2 sentences? lol

--------------------
93 LX Hatch W/Black Int 5 Speed(R.I.P)
92 LX Coupe W/Black Int 5 Speed (sold)
88 LX Hatch 40K miles
68 Chevelle LS1
98 S10 Bagged FBSS

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Fast92lxcoupe:
WOW [Eek!] You guys write too much. im interested in reading this thread but its WAY too much reading. Im too lazy to read all of that. Can someone summerize it all in 2 sentences? lol

Eat right and workout.....lol.

But for me it is deeper than that.

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, from my understanding...you are either cutting down(getting lean) or bulking up. So if i'm getting this right, you want to cut down while still build muscle? This can't happen, your best bet is to lean out for a few weeks then bulk up a little bit to get your desired look. Here is one of my meal plans I use....I ball and do insanity so I need the carbs to give me the energy. But this plan will lean you out and get cut

Breakfast
1.5 cups oatmeal
1 cup milk non fat
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1 tblsp brown sugar

snack
Protein Shake using mass gainer (GNC)
1.5 cups non fat milk
1 tbsp honey

lunch
whole wheat pita
tomatoes, unions
4 oz turkey breast
1 oz low fat low moisture moz. cheese
4 tbsp avocado
1 cup OJ

Snack
fruit
6 oz cottage cheese
18 almonds
1 cup carrots

dinner
2 cups whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup marinara sauce
4 oz lean ground beef
1 oz low fat moz cheese
1/2 cup broccoli

snack

6 oz fat free yogurt
1 fruit
18 walnuts

this comes out to 3100 calories...392 g of carbs, 189 g protein, 88 g fat

You will need to increase protein since if you
lift

[ September 15, 2010, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Topete ]

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Yea it is kinda strange what I am trying to do. But I am trying to build lean muscle.

Thanks for the advice Topete and the diet tip. 3k calories is a grip...lol. Not sure if I can eat that much in a day.

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

All good, just posting up my opinion. What are you currently eating?

[ September 15, 2010, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Topete ]

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Topete:
All good, just posting up my opinion. What are you currently eating?

I do not have the precise measurements but it goes something like this.

Oatmeal in the AM

Snack, usually yogurt w/v8.

Cheese sandwich or PB sandwich, or chicken breast salad (w/veggies).

Snack Protein shake

Dinner usually consists of fish, chicken and pasta or rice with veggies.

Protein shake

Keep in mind I drink a ton of water during the day and have a cup of juice or 2 a day. My multi-v.....

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im eating right i think? i do insanity and p 90x.
i just ate a whole digiorno pizza.. i think im good [Cool]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

here is what I try to do and actually do eat chicken everyday too.

1. 50g Whey/50g Oatmeal = blended together with cold water for breakfast.

2. Luch = 6oz chicken breast, 1 cup rice un-cooked.

3. 2PMish 6oz chicken

4. 4:30PM = 50g Protein/40g carbs = my fat meal, but still mostly protein

5. go to gym

6. eat shake 50g protein

I keep it simple and no variations at all. Sometimes salmon 6oz. I been using the oven to cook all my meals. No veggies or fruit yet, but a salad here and there. Oh, and in between meals I do eat a regular meal a couple times a week like pizza and burittos.

bigC

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Big c u need to eat a meal like ur lunch about an hr and a half after ur post workout meal. Also throw some veggies in there some spinach broccoli get some fiber I don't know how ur still shitting eating that diet?

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8 bro im in the same boat I made the transition from boxing to this bodybuilding thing. I dont want to compete im just trying to get my body in the best shape possible. To answer your question about your diet if it seems your bulking up you need to minus your calories by 300. And you'll drop weight. But to me it seems like your not eating enough especially for your activity level. If you wan't to gain lean mass you should aim for about .4/.5 grams of good fats from avacodo, nuts, natural peanut butter, canolo or extra virgin olive oil, fish oils, flax seeds ect... you should also aim for 1.5 lb of protein for lean body mass from sources like chicken breast, salmon, tuna, whey protein following a workout, casein before bed, steak, egg whites ect. And fill the rest of your calorie needs with complex carbs such as brown rice, sweet potatoe, wheat breads, wheat pasta, russet potatoes, oatmeal, fruits and green veggies. I'm no expert but im starting to figure this thing out I went from 15% body fat to 7% body fat in about 6 months and I not only look more lean and shredded but it creates the illusion that I actually gained size. Because you can not gain muscle without gaining some fat because of a calorie surplus in your diet. Go to fitday.com and you can track what you eat and how much you need to burn in order to drop or gain weight. Also as far as supplements i would recommend; animal pak, whey protein, casein protein, fish oil, glutamine, bcaa's and maybe creatine monohydrate if you don't bloat.

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
N8 bro im in the same boat I made the transition from boxing to this bodybuilding thing. I dont want to compete im just trying to get my body in the best shape possible. To answer your question about your diet if it seems your bulking up you need to minus your calories by 300. And you'll drop weight. But to me it seems like your not eating enough especially for your activity level. If you wan't to gain lean mass you should aim for about .4/.5 grams of good fats from avacodo, nuts, natural peanut butter, canolo or extra virgin olive oil, fish oils, flax seeds ect... you should also aim for 1.5 lb of protein for lean body mass from sources like chicken breast, salmon, tuna, whey protein following a workout, casein before bed, steak, egg whites ect. And fill the rest of your calorie needs with complex carbs such as brown rice, sweet potatoe, wheat breads, wheat pasta, russet potatoes, oatmeal, fruits and green veggies. I'm no expert but im starting to figure this thing out I went from 15% body fat to 7% body fat in about 6 months and I not only look more lean and shredded but it creates the illusion that I actually gained size. Because you can not gain muscle without gaining some fat because of a calorie surplus in your diet. Go to fitday.com and you can track what you eat and how much you need to burn in order to drop or gain weight. Also as far as supplements i would recommend; animal pak, whey protein, casein protein, fish oil, glutamine, bcaa's and maybe creatine monohydrate if you don't bloat.

Yea I am thinking about breaking bread and seeing a nutritionist to get me on the right path with my diet. I am soaking up game frm ya'll and others. I am strong as a ox but some how I am nt reaching my goal. I know at my age its a lil diff. But I still want to reach my goal.

Thanks guys keep it coming.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com