Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » NEW 5.0 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: NEW 5.0
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to look at these at the dealer today, nice cars. I really want one,as much as I'd hate to pay for one, it seems like the right car for me.
I didn't have much time to talk to the dealers, and they didn't even come outside to talk.
But by looking at the sticker, how much would one of these go for OTD?
I looked at two, one had the brembo package, 6 speed but it had some gay louvers on the side I don't like, but they wanted 38k for it, and the other was an auto with no brembo package for 36k.
I've never bought a new car before, how far do they budge of the msrp?
Also, someone was mentioning something about the "X plan"
Anybody have any idea what that is?
Thanks

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never pay msrp you can always get it way lower.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is usually quite a bit of wiggle room. And have them throw in extras. I normally immediately ask for the fleet manager when I buy. They are not on commission (normally) and tend to not BS around. Be sure to shop around. If you have your own loan going in and or a nice down payment you can haggle a lot more.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The new 5.0 is supposed to be a hot ticket item. You might not get a dealer to budge unless its like the end of the month or something.
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never heard of an "X plan" but i know they have a D plan because my husband use to sell Fords and when you have a family member work at a Ford Dealer you can buy your car on a D plan and basically you pay dealer costs for the car

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM "TWINS" he's a salesman at Livermore Ford or you can i can PM you his number if your really interested.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
username1822
¯
Member # 8583

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for username1822  Ford pictures for username1822    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try going to Costco, they have an auto program for members. They have a few dealers they work really close with and have set pricing, typically $500 or less above invoice. Then you don't have to haggle about pricing at all. You can either get your own financing or go through the dealer, but the actual car pricing will already be set.

[ August 30, 2010, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: username1822 ]

--------------------
95 GT

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
x plan is for people who work or are retired from ford. D plan is the friends and family plan. my uncle buys all his fords on x plan.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraChick:
I never heard of an "X plan" but i know they have a D plan because my husband use to sell Fords and when you have a family member work at a Ford Dealer you can buy your car on a D plan and basically you pay dealer costs for the car

FORD HAS MANNY DIFFERENT PLANS D IS JUST THE BEST FORD HAS TO OFFER.
IF YOU CAN WAIT INTILL OCT THERE GOING TO BE A NEW FORD DEALER OPENING IN THE 707 AN THERE WILL BE SOME KILLERS DEALSTO BE HAD

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A friend at work went in to buy one with 34,5K. The dealer would not go below 35K. I would wait a little, they will get more flexible later in the year.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've used the X Plan to buy my last two Fords. It's basically invoice plus 4% I believe. I like it because it's a no hassle price.

As for paying $36k for an auto... OUCH. I paid $32k for my '03 GT Convertible and I thought that was too much. Honestly, I don't know that I would ever buy another new car again. The depreciation on them, especially Mustangs, is crazy. If you put $0 down, you're going to be upside down the minute you drive off the lot.

[ August 30, 2010, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to try and pick one up when I'm back in California, I'll be out that way in September for a little bit hopefully I can find a deal on one. If anyone sees anything let me know, I'm a motivated buyer lol
Also thanks everyone for the input

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FAIRFIELD FORD OPENS IN OCT AN FORDS ALWAYS CUT THERE NEW DEALER FAT BREAKS TO GET PEOPLE IN THE DOOR
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drove a v6 2011 and gawt damn, that thing hauls ass. u should ask to test drive it before you make a final decision, but the new 5.0 is [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

When in October does the new dealership open?
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
When in October does the new dealership open?

just heard it opens in oct an sunnyvale toyota is the one who own it now
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$36K for a Mustang? sheeeeeeeeit, that'll be the day.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe its because I haven't driven enough cars or finished school and making big money yet, but 36k seems like a lot for a mustang no?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

+1 puck dat! thats close to used c6 z06 prices.
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
36 isn't bad considering it's LOADED with a 6 speed, Brembo package, ETC. Compare to a loaded Camaro which isn't as fast, as nice to drive, ETC. It's a lot of car for the money, compared to what else is out there...........
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
36 isn't bad considering it's LOADED with a 6 speed, Brembo package, ETC. Compare to a loaded Camaro which isn't as fast, as nice to drive, ETC. It's a lot of car for the money, compared to what else is out there...........

$38k was for the loaded car, $36k was for the automatic.

Still though, what other 400hp car can you buy brand new for $36k? A Camaro is about the only thing I can think of. Challengers are $32k for the V6.

[ August 31, 2010, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't see myself buying any more new cars unless I sell a couple of the ones I have now. As someone said above the depreciation is brutal and overall cars, trucks..whatever are the worst investments you can make (even if you get kickbacks when it serves as a "work" vehicle).

There is always room to haggle, but if you go into the dealership without the basic information (how much are the cars are currently selling at, the prices at which dealer pays for the cars, etc, etc) expect to pay a lot more then you have to. The best thing to do is go in there with the set attitude that you have a set amount of money in your back pocket (take it or leave it) and you will come out with a better deal. Always compare the MSRP with the invoice price. That is the area which you should work with.

Another thing is whether or not your financing. There is not a better feeling then telling the finance manager:

"Look..I know what what MSRP is and I know what the invoice prices is. I have $47K cash right now. I want the dark grey GT500 in the front row. I want the car now, but if you want to haggle you are going to have to throw in some extras!. If not I am walking..plus I know another ford dealership that actually wants to sell some cars."

[ August 31, 2010, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

I think you can save money if you got a more basic one, the 6 speed one had some lame body appearance package junk that looked horrible, but it was fully loaded.
I want a dark blue with black cloth interior one with the brembo package. Probably going to have to order it, unless there's one on a lot ready to go already..

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a 6 speed and if they still have the shaker system get that too. i hope you find one. that be so sick.
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

Especially when you can get one for less than 25K in a few years.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com