Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Denver cops beat picture-taking witness

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Denver cops beat picture-taking witness
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-second-police-beating-txt,0,3693269.story

Cliff Notes: Denver cops make a traffic stop. Bystander walking his dogs tells driver he's a witness. Cops illegally seize witness. Witness takes a picture of cop. Cops assault witness. Incident recorded on video. Dogs are unharmed. Cops arrest witness then later drop the charges. Lawyer begins pwnage.

[ August 30, 2010, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wait a minute.. Clearly he was going for a gun. Or a camera...wait... which one is dangerous again?

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WoW abuse of power right there. Dont tell the denver pd they were wrong or you'll get this [Eek!]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys already know how I feel about it
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2008566,00.html

link explains how they are now charging people with crimes up to 16 yrs in prison for video taping their encounters with police

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always woder why those cops never get fired.

Then I recall they likely are in a union of some sort and even if they are suspended or laid off many times they get a pretty penny to leave.

a camera is more dangerous [Big Grin]

[ August 30, 2010, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what happen to don't snicht an don't be witness shit either
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, complete B.S. some cops sure are on a huge power trip.

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
" That's when Ashford says the Denver police officers demanded his I.D. and detained him. Ashford tried to take a picture of the officers to document the incident, and a few second later he was on the ground."

The cops have the right to ask for anyone's ID. If you resist, they have the right to arrest you. Lastly you don't want to pull anything out of your pockets when being stop by the cops.

Not saying the cops did the right thing, but they did have the right to beat dude for reaching in his pockets.
Just my .02

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
" That's when Ashford says the Denver police officers demanded his I.D. and detained him. Ashford tried to take a picture of the officers to document the incident, and a few second later he was on the ground."

The cops have the right to ask for anyone's ID. If you resist, they have the right to arrest you. Lastly you don't want to pull anything out of your pockets when being stop by the cops.

Not saying the cops did the right thing, but they did have the right to beat dude for reaching in his pockets.
Just my .02

I know you would chime in on this topic... So your sense is.. if a police ask you for your I.D. and you reach into your pocket (which is usually where your I.D. is) you should be beat.
This was a plain and simple example of abuse of power. He was well within his rights to observe the traffic stop, and he was well within his right to have a private conversation with another citizen. He was well within his right to document the entire event. Stop making excuses for a sorry excuse for a peace officer. We need to clean up our streets but we also need to clean up the police department

You see how I feel no different about the situation when the person being abuse is white?

[ August 30, 2010, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

BTW if you dislike that we have a Bill of Rights and a Constitution than maybe you should move to a place like China, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, and Vietnam. There you would have no rights to protect you from SOME of these scum ass people hiding behind a badge.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
BTW if you dislike that we have a Bill of Rights and a Constitution than maybe you should move to a place like China, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, and Vietnam. There you would have no rights to protect you from SOME of these scum ass people hiding behind a badge.

Arent you moving to Rocklin? Have your dashcam rolling because you're going to witness heavy police involvement out there.
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
quote:

Arent you moving to Rocklin? Have your dashcam rolling because you're going to witness heavy police involvement out there.
Thanks for keeping tabs on me but I drive a Corrola alot, I did see a bunch of police posted by a park driving to do the home inspection on my new house. You don't think being part of the 3% African america leaving in Rocklin is going to make me and my family stand out, do you? [Smile]

But honestly what I've learn is all I can do is to have all my shit in order and if the police wants to fuck with me then fuck it, theres nothing I can do.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly i wish i could tell you that all the neighbors will be cool, but Rocklin is hella snooty. I dont know, maybe its changed but the area is the essence of whitey suburbia. Just dont breathe all their air up, lol.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Honestly i wish i could tell you that all the neighbors will be cool, but Rocklin is hella snooty. I dont know, maybe its changed but the area is the essence of whitey suburbia. Just dont breathe all their air up, lol.

SOUNDS LIKE I KNOW WERE I AM MOVING TOO
ARE THE STREETRACER FREINDLY THERE?

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That guy will get cashed out for sure.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:

You see how I feel no different about the situation when the person being abuse is white?

This

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Cop let's a 11yr old grl die in the back of a car while mother begs officer for help.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhxntE5R4Sh3l9mAqF

[Mad]

[ September 03, 2010, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whaaaaaat! Realy? [Eek!] now thats sad [Frown]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com