Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car shipping anyone?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car shipping anyone?
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im moving from north carolina to arizona on a little over a week. I'm wanting to ship my truck so I can team drive with the wife to make it faster. I'll be coming from Goldsboro,nc to Roseville,ca
I'd like to get the truck shipped from here to Sacramento, and then I'll just drive it to arizona after I take some time off for a month. I went online and googled car shipping and the best quote was this company http://www.ablueknightco.com/
Does that seem line a legitimate company? Their quote was about 300 dollars less than most all others but they want you to pay by visa. I've shipped our mustang from new Mexico to here and got stuck paying 1200 bucks and then another 400 in storage fees when we picked it up. But they let me pay cash rather than visa.I just don't want to get hosed, but more importantly don't want to drive my truck all the way to california. Does anyone know any reasonable legitimate companies for something like this? I know it's probably a long shot being it's a California message board and me being in north Carolina but undivided it's worth a try.
Thanks

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found that DAS transport was the cheapest, I used them 3 times to ship across the country.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
uship.com
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I worked for a long distance auto transport company for 6 years. What ever you do make sure the company you use is not just a broker. They are a potential nightmare. Brokers don't do anything but call an actual shipping company and put it up for bid. The lowest bidder wins your transport. Brokers will lie there ass off. Your can be shipped by anybody. If anything were to happen to your vehicle you would have to deal with a 3rd party. FYI if you are shipping on a open style trailer, they are not responsible for any damage done to your vehicle. Hope this helps a little.

Good luck

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
I worked for a long distance auto transport company for 6 years. What ever you do make sure the company you use is not just a broker. They are a potential nightmare. Brokers don't do anything but call an actual shipping company and put it up for bid. The lowest bidder wins your transport. Brokers will lie there ass off. Your can be shipped by anybody. If anything were to happen to your vehicle you would have to deal with a 3rd party. FYI if you are shipping on a open style trailer, they are not responsible for any damage done to your vehicle. Hope this helps a little.

Good luck

I was able to ship my motorcycle from Ohio a couple months back and posted a shipping request on Uship. Found a shipping/trucking company which had other vehicles being shipped to the west coast and got a really good deal. I think it was like 400 bucks or so to ship, which was way cheaper than probably even doing it myself. These companies on Uship have to show their licensing and bonding for them to be active shippers. You have to set your price on how much you want to pay and they either accept or counter offer you. Its a real cool site.
CobraKilla
¯
Member # 1449

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraKilla  Ford pictures for CobraKilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call Reliable Carriers and talk to Al, you will NOT be disappointed!

Reliable Carriers- 925-528-5709

[ August 27, 2010, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: CobraKilla ]

--------------------
62 Impala- LS2, Six-speed, 9", drop spindles, etc etc...

Posts: 599 | From: Nationwide | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work for a moving company and we use The Car Carrier our customers have no complaints with them. Their number is 1-800-800-1001. We have used them for years! Really good prices and your vehicle is fully insured door to door. Hope this helps!

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com