Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Smog Police out in Concord/WC area (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Smog Police out in Concord/WC area
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just drove by the mobile smog ambush on Treat just east of Oak Grove. If you're in the area watch out!

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOOSTED92GT  Ford pictures for BOOSTED92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn thats crazy. how was it setup?!

--------------------
71 f250
68 coupe, soon to have terminator motor/trans/irs

Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They had pylons and lane closed signs out so it looked like road work. But when you get closer there is CHP and a mobile dyno! They had two cars lined up being inspected.
F'ed up if you ask me. State money grab. [Mad]

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Maxoctane:
They had pylons and lane closed signs out so it looked like road work. But when you get closer there is CHP and a mobile dyno! They had two cars lined up being inspected.
F'ed up if you ask me. State money grab. [Mad]

Thats f,,,ed up wonder how much of are tax money is paying for that

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HEY FOLKS THIS Sh** IS NO JOKE PEOPLE CAN GET MAJOR FINES DUE TO THIS CRAP CHECK THIS OUT

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Watch-out.-The-smog-police-have-gone-mobile.html

--------------------
1984 T-TOP NOTCHBACK MUSTANG
1993 Svt Cobra

TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HEY FOLKS THIS Sh** IS NO JOKE PEOPLE CAN GET MAJOR FINES DUE TO THIS CRAP CHECK THIS OUT

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Watch-out.-The-smog-police-have-gone-mobile.html

--------------------
1993 Svt Cobra

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i could be wrong, dont you have a choice to participate in doing it, or was that something different in the past that they were doing with check point smogs?

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

NO its not like that anymore they are doin it to catch smog shops that are proforming dirty smogs by running your car on the dyno and if you dont pass they check where you just got it done at and then the state will pay them a visit and also they are looking for cars that are modded due to the state ref program making a come back so chp is on site at all times while the test is being conducted to give people non signable fix it tickets so you will have no choice but to pay a state ref a visit its just bad news all they way around for folks.BEWARE OUT THERE FOLKS ESPALLY ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS

[ August 26, 2010, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: topnotcht-top ]

--------------------
1993 Svt Cobra

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so dissapointing [Frown] ..i guess any highperformace car owner should be worried

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats why im getting a old school stang. [Big Grin]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

You read my mind i was thiking about the same thing getting a 67 - 68 and jus throw my carbed 347 out of my 84 in that then wat excuess will i hear itz to loud? californias rules and regs are just out of control some times and there complaining about the state being 20,000,000,000 in the hole YEH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! itz because of dumb sh** like this EACH DYNO AND A BAR CERTIFIED BAR 97 nickname for a smog machine costs aprox ball park figure 16,000 to 25,000 and were talkin across california com'on itz craziness

[ August 26, 2010, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: topnotcht-top ]

--------------------
1993 Svt Cobra

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, that's a shocker.
Can't believe they are doing this.

Also have a hard time believing that this would be mandatory. I have never heard of any laws that state you must submit to roadside smog as part of your driving privelige.

Anyone know what the law states?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only thing car guys can do is spread awareness.

Someone should start a web-site that maps where these mobile ambush stations are set up on a daily basis. Spread the site name around all the CA car sites. If it got big enough it would send a message that car guys are paying attention.

The BAR is claiming that they are doing this to gauge the effectiveness of current smog protocols and procedures.

But it is our tax money, it is our time, and this sort of testing is skewed because they DO profile cars.

I still have a hard time believing that you MUST by law submit to this sort of testing against your wishes.

If anyone has proof of the law requiring this, please show us.

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
still trying to find the legality of it, like a specific law, but i can't find it .. yet. but i found this instead.

http://www.smogtips.com/remote_sensing.cfm

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

Someone should start a web-site that maps where these mobile ambush stations are set up on a daily basis. Spread the site name around all the CA car sites. If it got big enough it would send a message that car guys are paying attention.

The BAR is claiming that they are doing this to gauge the effectiveness of current smog protocols and procedures.

But it is our tax money, it is our time, and this sort of testing is skewed because they DO profile cars.

I still have a hard time believing that you MUST by law submit to this sort of testing against your wishes.

found it
damn bastards,

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d02/vc2814.htm

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d02/vc2806.htm

here is a pic of one they had in so cal so people know what to expect if they see this ahead.
http://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/469276-beware-of-chp-smog-check-checkpoints.html

[ August 26, 2010, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: SFvert ]

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phat50:

+1 got rid of my fox just in time.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SFvert:
quote:

found it
damn bastards,

here is a pic of one they had in so cal so people know what to expect if they see this ahead.
http://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/469276-beware-of-chp-smog-check-checkpoints.html

[Frown] makes me not even wanna drive my car, and i barely jus got my new set up running.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
Originally posted by SFvert:
quote:

found it
damn bastards,

[Frown] makes me not even wanna drive my car, and i barely jus got my new set up running.
I was thinking the same thing...reading all this is making me so paranoid haha.
Mustang Guru
¯
Member # 4119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustang Guru  Ford pictures for Mustang Guru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do they only pull cars over randomly i mean shyt i know that not doing every car that passes

--------------------
1990 x-chp highway lil 302
1977 caprice classic 2dr.{Sold} 1988 coupe 4cyl dd{sold}

Posts: 1171 | From: Uptown Bound | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder if it's like a DUI checkpoint or if you can reverse and cut out if you see it in time...
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phat50:

Only way I'm building a Foxbody is if it's 100% legal to drive on the street. [Cool]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
makes me love my Texas plates even more [Big Grin]

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw it last weds in vallejo. I was kinda confused on what it was.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
I wonder if it's like a DUI checkpoint or if you can reverse and cut out if you see it in time...

i think it is. you can cut out, i doubt they'll try and pull you over. You can always say you were going the wrong way.

--------------------

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wasteful spending if you ask me

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com