Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » im tired of this damn car ! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: im tired of this damn car !
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vendicated_03gt  Ford pictures for vendicated_03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive had it since 07. and i pay hella for it a month. n my fuking bill barly moves wft is goin on ? who come i pay 480 a month and my balance dont really go down ? first thing is first ok yes i got it wen i was young , i was 18. now im 21. i saw it n i fell in love with it and i had to have it . i got it in ceres at 5 star autosales on michelle and hatch rd. after financing and tax and all that crap the stupid car came out to like 21XXX, at the time i didnt care, but now im like fuk i hate the damn thing at times lol. i wanna burn the thing so i wont have to pay for it. it was bone stock wen i got it. now it has xpipe, no catts, 3.73, aem intake, 75mm tb, plemum, full exhaust, some suspention work and 24lbs injectors. just need to tune it.

ok im just tired of paying so much for it and the balance not going anywere, wat can i do ? or is it wrong ? do i owe less ? i did the math and if im correct i payed about 17xxx already wtf. wats going on.???!!!!!! no i wasnt in the room were the deal went threw my dad was , he got it out for me. and its under my dads name and moms. is there something wrong with this picture ?

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt
o/r xpipe,cat back, AEM intake, C&L mass, 3.73 gears, PP tb,PP Elbow

Posts: 616 | From: Cen*Cal 209 Manteca-Los Banos | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wht2000gt  Ford pictures for wht2000gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the Apr? You can have them refinance it. Was it a 6 year or 7 year loan?
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vendicated_03gt  Ford pictures for vendicated_03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats the thing bro i wasnt in the room with them i was too buzy outside looking at the when they were detailing it for me. i asked my dad and he like ummm i cant remeber. can i go back to the dealer and ask for the paper work ?

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

i dont know the apr. and how do i refinance it ? wat will that do ? lower payments ? but wont that take longer to pay off???

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I learned the hard way myself. It's not until that last 1 - 2 years at the end of your agreement where you see the balance drop off. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it's like you pay all the interest up front. So if you purchased in 07 and you have a 5 year loan, you still have 2 years left. this is where you will see it drop. Man so many people including myself have made this mistake. The effects last for years. What ever you do don't trade it in for another payment. You will lose you ass and you will be asking yourself the same question 3 years from now.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
I learned the hard way myself. It's not until that last 1 - 2 years at the end of your agreement where you see the balance drop off. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it's like you pay all the interest up front. So if you purchased in 07 and you have a 5 year loan, you still have 2 years left. this is where you will see it drop. Man so many people including myself have made this mistake. The effects last for years. What ever you do don't trade it in for another payment. You will lose you ass and you will be asking yourself the same question 3 years from now.

^ What he said, First you pay off the interest then in the last couple of years you start actually paying off the car.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

holly fuking shit bro i was already thinking of doing that !!!!!!!!!! for a 03 harly davidson f-150. but i backed out at the last moment. so ill start seeing the full payment drop soon ? cuz like as of right now i pay 481.96 ish it kinda stays there right , and i looked at my last months and the balance only drops like 200 bucks im like ugh wtf , i honestly feel like smashing the damn car in a fuking pole !!! i only get payed 8.60 a damn hour n to pay that much for only 200 buks to go into my payment , man thats bs !!!

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wht2000gt  Ford pictures for wht2000gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would find out the Apr from your dad or look at the statement when it comes in and see what the actual balance is. Also. Since you do pay for the car but your not on the loan you can still get credit from it. If you write a check for the payment you can send copies of it to the credit bureaus. That way your credit gets good also. You should look into that.
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

no way for realz....... i dont write checks i send them money orders. under my mom n dads name but i heard that it dont matter whos name is on there as long as the car gets paid for. i dont have credit tho. who would i send that to ? so i can build my credit ?

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

You have to prove to the credit bureau that you are making the payments. Not your parents. So the money orders or whatever you use must have your name on it. Also you can piggy back on your parents credit by having them add you onto there credit cards as an authorized user. The banks will automatically start reporting your parents payment history to your credit.

Go to macys (easiest to get approved) apply for a store card and keep a low balance and try to pay it off every month. That will be a good start to building your credit. Just don't go ape shit and start applying for every card you see.

vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

thx will do. !! and bout the credit card thing lol i dough they'd put me on there lol, you can guess why. lol but back on my post. will i start seeing mad drops or wat ?

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

If you paid 21xxx for the car and your payments are 480 a month. Your Apr for a 6 year loan is probably around 17%

[ August 16, 2010, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: 94tealgt ]

vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

ok i dont really understand that. wat dose it mean ? i still have 3 damn years to go ?

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

You should start seeing the loan amount go down soon. Banks want there interest first. If you have questions about the loan have your dad call the bank that the car is through. Not the dealer. They have nothing to do with that.
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

ima have him call then so are all banks like that ? they want the interest first then all your payments go towards ur payoff amount ?

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

quote:
Originally posted by vendicated_03gt:
ok i dont really understand that. wat dose it mean ? i still have 3 damn years to go ?

Ya. You have about 3 more years.17% interest means your paying a shit load more then you actually paid for the car. Your total loan amount after interest is prob.$34k

So after you made all your payments for the 6 years you will be paying 34k for that car.

[ August 16, 2010, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: 94tealgt ]

vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

yea thats wat gets me mad. so ok...... now the drops should begin right ............ last time i finance a car fuk all this i could of bough 2 of these damn cars for the price of this one. fuk....

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ya. You should start seeing the loan amount drop pretty good now.
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

thats good news !!!! that feels good to hear , you guys have no idea how hard this bitch is to pay. i pay for everything on it full coverage car payment , wow its a nightmare !!

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
yea thats wat gets me mad. so ok...... now the drops should begin right ............ last time i finance a car fuk all this i could of bough 2 of these damn cars for the price of this one. fuk....

Yeah man it's a trap. Financing cars is a joke if you don't put a nice down payment like 50%. Learn from it. Hopefully you can stick it out and pay it off. The thing that really sucks is that your car is probably worth 1/2 as much as you owe or close to it huh? So if you were to trade it in any negative left over would transfer on top of your new loan. But they would stretch it out for another 6 - 7 years so your monthly payment is "affordable". The car's depreciate way faster than you can pay them off.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by 94tealgt:
Ya. You should start seeing the loan amount drop pretty good now.

+1

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

A 6 year, $21000 loan at 18% APR, with $480/month payment, will come out to almost $35000 by the time you're done paying it off. You will have paid 1.5-2x's what the car is worth. It's how banks stay in business.

In my opinion, if you don't qualify for any auto loan under 5% APR, you should save up and buy a car that you can afford to pay off completely, or work on your credit and wait until you are able to qualify.

What it really means is that you've made a mistake that most of us have made at some point, whether it's credit cards or cars we can't afford.

The important thing is that you learn from it.

In you're situation, I would try to refinance or borrow money from your parents to pay it off as fast as possible. You've already paid most of the interest, so you're balance should start to go down a bit faster. Another option is to sell the car and chalk it up as a $17000 lesson, which is a bargain compared to how much money I've blown over the years lol. Good luck.

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

quote:
Originally posted by 98Snake:
quote:

A 6 year, $21000 loan at 18% APR, with $480/month payment, will come out to almost $35000 by the time you're done paying it off. You will have paid 1.5-2x's what the car is worth. It's how banks stay in business.

In my opinion, if you don't qualify for any auto loan under 5% APR, you should save up and buy a car that you can afford to pay off completely, or work on your credit and wait until you are able to qualify.

What it really means is that you've made a mistake that most of us have made at some point, whether it's credit cards or cars we can't afford.

The important thing is that you learn from it.

In you're situation, I would try to refinance or borrow money from your parents to pay it off as fast as possible. You've already paid most of the interest, so you're balance should start to go down a bit faster. Another option is to sell the car and chalk it up as a $17000 lesson, which is a bargain compared to how much money I've blown over the years lol. Good luck.

+1000000000
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just set the bitch on fire and be done with it! [Big Grin]
username1822
¯
Member # 8583

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for username1822  Ford pictures for username1822    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta pay to play...right?

quote:
actually i wouldnt give a fuk, gotta pay to play. stop bieng a broke fuk n if money is ur problem well then sell that poor car of urs, cuz its owner is a tight ass. lol fuk man you just like my damn co-workers all they do is bitch bitch bitch.. like the kids they really are. !!

Maybe you should take some of your own advice.

EDIT: Taken from this thread:
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=043510

[ August 16, 2010, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: username1822 ]

--------------------
95 GT

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com