Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » So if Eminem is Rap

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: So if Eminem is Rap
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what would you call Soulja Boy, Yg, plus many others that fall in to the same category as them?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
what would you call Soulja Boy, Yg, plus many others that fall in to the same category as them?

they are candy rap. Flash in the pan type shit. Really giving the game a black eye.
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you here who shot and killed soulja boy?
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eminem touch on real every day problems that most have had or are having.an the people you just brought up are just paper rappers with no soul or real thoughts on life
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sad thing is, the only thing i like about his song was travis barker tearin shit up on the drums

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To me Eminem is on the level of DMX and Pac. The few rappers I can listen to from beginning to end and feel like they really said something. Like these dudes would be doing this for free. Solider boy and YG are just trying to appeal to the hear and now.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dre and Snoop rap about these type right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KK_aDIw_E

There's always been commercial rap around like these dudes. Just like Will Smith back in the day.

[ August 14, 2010, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Dre and Snoop rap about these type right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KK_aDIw_E

There's always been commercial rap around like these dudes. Just like Will Smith back in the day.

but will smith had something to say. he told us a story of how parents just don't understand and how he became the fresh prince of belaire.

These dudes just have a catchy hook with no lyrical substance.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who the hell actually bought a Fresh Prince tape back in the day, for real. I was listening to Eazy E, NWA, DOC, Mc Ren, DJ Yella, Dr Dre, Ice Cube and that was living in the burbs brah. You'd hear the fresh prince on the radio but never bought the tape. Well shit now that i think about it, i did rock Kris Kross too. I missed the bus, i missed the bus.  - http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-14208760/kris_kross_i_missed_the_bus_official_music_video/
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Who the hell actually bought a Fresh Prince tape back in the day, for real. I was listening to Eazy E, NWA, DOC, Mc Ren, DJ Yella, Dr Dre, Ice Cube and that was living in the burbs brah. You'd hear the fresh prince on the radio but never bought the tape. Well shit now that i think about it, i did rock Kris Kross too. I missed the bus, i missed the bus.  - http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-14208760/kris_kross_i_missed_the_bus_official_music_video/

Actually, before The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, & all his movie success, the Fresh Prince actually had a few good joints. I still own the copy of "DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince" Rock the house album. Also songs like Brand New Funk, Girls of the world aint nothin but trouble, & Summertime are all classics in my book...

Soljah Boy on the other hand is trash!!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eminem and the like make music you listen too. Soulja boy and the autotune crowd make noise for dance clubs and stripper joints.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

Actually, before The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, & all his movie success, the Fresh Prince actually had a few good joints. I still own the copy of "DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince" Rock the house album. Also songs like Brand New Funk, Girls of the world aint nothin but trouble, & Summertime are all classics in my book...

Soljah Boy on the other hand is trash!!!!

I have that album too, cant forget about "Nightmare on my street". Now I think about it you cannot put Will Smith in that column, he actually had some cool hits and lightweight helped pioneered rap and the crossover to TV.

Brand new funk is a tight ass joint.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3H4TTNSnO8

[ August 14, 2010, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

So what if Will Smith is the first rapper to go on a tv series. Drake is the first rapper to have a bat mitzvah, he's still a fag and dirty jew. There has always been a street element to the rap game and a mainstream element. Underground rap has and will always be the best until they go mainstream. Remember Master P?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
So what if Will Smith is the first rapper to go on a tv series. Drake is the first rapper to have a bat mitzvah, he's still a fag and dirty jew. There has always been a street element to the rap game and a mainstream element. Underground rap has and will always be the best until they go mainstream. Remember Master P?

lol @ Master P. I actually like Master P. He actually helped pioneer the business side of rap. He owns a good chunk of his own masters and because of this his artists got paid a good amount more than normal per unit. But other than that his music has always been a love it or hate it type situation. Me personally I love his music. Nice mix of NOLA bounce and regular rap and he pretty much kept it consistent IMO. But I can also see why people dislike him.
fortyoz
¯
Member # 2975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fortyoz  Ford pictures for fortyoz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Soldja Boy, Wacka Flocka, Yung Joc etc etc etc etc etc is no different from Kriss Kross, MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice from back in the days. The catchy dance music is just one of many parts of Hip Hop, so in essence and even though it isn't my cup of tea, you can't really knock their music nor their grind. The problem with that type of music is their longevity in the game is going to be limited... which is why Lil Wayne switched his Cash Money ABC rhymes to a more "lyrical" route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-lnjSk9kMQ

Close thread.. and it's only 1 part of the song.

[ August 14, 2010, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: fortyoz ]

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SantaClara_Lx:
Did you here who shot and killed soulja boy?

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com