Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » cafords instant messenger (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: cafords instant messenger
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
howcome we dont have one?..i think it would be great..easy an fast questions for sellers if their online..quick questions and what not..what you guys think?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cafords cant afford that shit. their broke. [Smile]

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would require upgrading to a bulletin software newer than 1990.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would be a cool feature but don't think it will ever happen

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
That would require upgrading to a bulletin software newer than 1990.

That made me LOL [worship] [Big Grin]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that would be cool but yea dont look like it will happen.. we could all just put our sn in our sigs?
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
cafords cant afford that shit. their broke. [Smile]

Wouldnt cost nothing but time I guess. I have offered up my license of vbulletin. 90vert offered up hosting. I offered to write plugins if necessary. I could even help with setting up a IRC channel for this request. Hell 90vert and I offered to buy the domain and site...lol.

But - alas, I gave my vbulletin license to a friend that I am helping gettin his community off the ground. But I would still assist as time permits if the owners ever wanted upgrade.

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
that would be cool but yea dont look like it will happen.. we could all just put our sn in our sigs?

Sounds like a great idea. The simplest and best solution. Our tried and true software is working great and we're not interested in switching. Thanks though!
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
quote:

Sounds like a great idea. The simplest and best solution. Our tried and true software is working great and we're not interested in switching. Thanks though!
I know you guys are maintaining the "If you do not like it leave" stance. But at some point it would help all even mods to implement a solution that allows the board to police itself. Thus freeing you guys from babysitting as much and improve the integrity of our community. Just my .02. I admin 2 other major forums with over 15k members and it works like a charm with reputation, warnings and IRC.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

I know you guys are maintaining the "If you do not like it leave" stance. But at some point it would help all even mods to implement a solution that allows the board to police itself. Thus freeing you guys from babysitting as much and improve the integrity of our community. Just my .02. I admin 2 other major forums with over 15k members and it works like a charm with reputation, warnings and IRC.
Not to mention searching for stuff on this site is the biggest PITA. Example, I want to find all posts by N8. Hmmm... What's his member number again? Maybe I'll just go to the member list to find his number... Oh, yeah, doesn't exist. The iTrader feedback in vBulletin is awesome too. Considering the amount of for sale traffic this site has, that would be a very valuable feature.

Honestly, if people are willing to donate time and money to help make the site better, why turn it down?

[ August 04, 2010, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

We have a function that allows you to not flood the board. At least a 30 second delay. We can't have just a single script that blocks certain words as I keep hearing new words everyday from our members, "yum yums", "i yust wehld deh paipes", etc. We realistically only have a few hundred active members on the site so it's not too terrible.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

We have a function that allows you to not flood the board. At least a 30 second delay. We can't have just a single script that blocks certain words as I keep hearing new words everyday from our members, "yum yums", "i yust wehld deh paipes", etc. We realistically only have a few hundred active members on the site so it's not too terrible.
VBulletin has a word filter block and you can use wild cards to catch the various spellings... [Big Grin]

I mean no harm and I dig coming around here. But this place can be sooooOOOoooo much better and efficient. PM'n and searching is a pain in the butt here. I just make new posts instead of searching. A solution with improved search and pruning could actually save you guys money too. Less demand on the db and storage. Plus this is not a very secure software. But I do see the fixed the exploit that allowed me to send sql queries through the search form.

I think I'll Shaddup now.

[ August 04, 2010, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 04, 2010, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been on this board a while and it would be nice to have a little more updated site especially if people are willing to help out ( Reputable people at that ). I knwo you guys love the "if it aint broke dont fix it" menatlity but that doesnt fly is the IT world.. Its not like you have to change the page layout or anything ( although it could look cleaner ).

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
I knwo you guys love the "if it aint broke dont fix it" menatlity but that doesnt fly is the IT world

We appreciate you sticking with us for this long. However, this format has served us perfectly fine for the last 10 years. We are not a for-profit company nor do we charge our members for anything (nor do we want to). Everyone can rest assured that NO changes are coming in the near or distant future to CAFords as far as message board software. Just keep enjoying the community we started a decade ago! We made it through the Y2K bug!
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I knwo you guys love the "if it aint broke dont fix it" menatlity but that doesnt fly is the IT world

We appreciate you sticking with us for this long. However, this format has served us perfectly fine for the last 10 years. We are not a for-profit company nor do we charge our members for anything (nor do we want to). Everyone can rest assured that NO changes are coming in the near or distant future to CAFords as far as message board software. Just keep enjoying the community we started a decade ago! We made it through the Y2K bug!
can we we get some different smilies though at least?!? [Frown]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

I will look into the smilies
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

woohoo [Big Grin] If it takes baby steps ill take it! We are only offering out opinions from the people that use the boards the most, we know you the board is free and love it. Hell I havnt had a mustang in over 6 years but still love this site.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
...this format has served us perfectly fine for the last 10 years...

Ill be quiet from now on, but this statement is funny.
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

woohoo [Big Grin] If it takes baby steps ill take it! We are only offering out opinions from the people that use the boards the most, we know you the board is free and love it. Hell I havnt had a mustang in over 6 years but still love this site.
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
...this format has served us perfectly fine for the last 10 years...

Ill be quiet from now on, but this statement is funny.
That's a lie. You post-whore like you're Heidi Fleiss.

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Not to mention searching for stuff on this site is the biggest PITA. Example, I want to find all posts by N8. Hmmm... What's his member number again? Maybe I'll just go to the member list to find his number... Oh, yeah, doesn't exist.
You don't need to go to that extreme. Take a look at the bottom of each member's post. See the "post count" number? Click on the number...that will show you all their posts. BAM.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

JohnB
I never knew you could do that...lol.

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I click post count it only shows newest 50 Post [Confused]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shows last 50 post of the person ur looking at.

i picked up on this quickly. so many newbies lol

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

quote:
Originally posted by 94 N.C.F. GT:
When I click post count it only shows newest 50 Post [Confused]

Yeah, that's helpful, but not perfect. Trying to find posts older than a couple of months is a pain. I've been here since 2003, and I sometimes try and find posts to threads I made several years ago and they're near impossible to find in a short amount of time.

The good thing about the crappy search on this forum is, at least you don't get people saying "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" all the time. LOL.

[ August 04, 2010, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com