Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Jack Roush crashed his plane at Oshkosh today.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Jack Roush crashed his plane at Oshkosh today.
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It sounds like he walked away but he and his passenger were injured. My dad was driving by the runway when it happened. They're already saying it was pilot error. Apparently, he made a wide base to final turn and stalled when he tried to get back over the runway. He hit really close to the crowd.

ARTICLE:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=5415476

PICTURE:

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/osh2010_raytheon-premier-ia-crash_large.jpg

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Roush, an experienced pilot, suffered serious injuries in a plane crash near Talladega, Ala., in 2002. He was flying his P-51 aircraft when it crashed into a lake. Roush was unconscious and would have drowned, but he was pulled from the water by Larry Hicks, a retired marine who lived nearby and saw the crash."

He's lucky to live thru one crash but two times??? I think he need's to hire a pilot.

[ July 27, 2010, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Slowback67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn thats crazy. Glad to hear he and his passenger survived. Air plane buff or not hes getting old and this is the 2nd crash in 8 years hes lived through. Think its time to hang up his wings and hire a pilot.

*edit* ^^^^ you beat me to in by like 20 seconds lol

[ July 27, 2010, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow.... he doesn't have the best record in the air.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Wow.... he doesn't have the best record in the air.

It sounds like he should keep 4 wheels on the ground and stick with cars.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
News stories are contradicting, one says P51, other a late model. Hopefully not an irreplacable P51, I heard he has a couple of those.
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
News stories are contradicting, one says P51, other a late model. Hopefully not an irreplacable P51, I heard he has a couple of those.

The second link is to a picture. It was a business jet.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com