Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My new 5.0 Friend (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: My new 5.0 Friend
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was at the store today and dis old guy pulled up next to me and started talkin, he said he liked my cobra but he didnt want to trade. He said he paid 35 out the door. i at least just wanted his rims and big ass Brembo brakes. But mostly the engine, some pics of his new 5.0
 -

-

-

[ July 25, 2010, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Chavez66 ]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that thing looked so fuckn clean, it didnt have one spec of dirt. he said he jus picked it up. he told me that the dealership claims the car has 412hp but at the dyno supposedly it was at 435hp? who knows but either way that thing was fucken clean, the 6 speed and rims were soo tight [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive heard of em putting 390-400 to the wheels.Which means theyve got more hp than the factory is claiming.

--------------------

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea thats what the guy said, why does factory put less than actual numbers?

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Guess they like to sandbag.Just like us!LOL!

--------------------

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

haha im ok with that [burnout] now i know fur shur the camaro doesnt stand a chance [Razz]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like em, but they don't excite me yet when I see it.

The factory rates the cars lower for insurance reasons. The more power your car makes the higher the insurance premiums. Its an attempt to make the overall cost of owning the car cheaper for the consumer

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I like em, but they don't excite me yet when I see it.

The factory rates the cars lower for insurance reasons. The more power your car makes the higher the insurance premiums. Its an attempt to make the overall cost of owning the car cheaper for the consumer

so when you told your insurance about ur HP what did u doo minus around 200HP or what? [Confused] [Razz]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wan't one BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno what Terrance is talkin bout, these things excite the hell out of me when I see em. How could 400+ N/A hp from the factory, mid 12 second timeslips STOCK, Brembo brakes, & factory HID's not excite you??? With a drop that thing would look tits.

I will be getting one used in a couple of years... I already tried to look into 1, but I refuse to, & can't afford to pay $700+ a month for a car.

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
yea thats what the guy said, why does factory put less than actual numbers?

it's all about insurance and probably CAFE standards. plus ford wants to beat chevy with less, and chevy wanna beat ford with less.

if you look at rated HP in '69-'70 everything was way downrated

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:

I dunno what Terrance is talkin bout, these things excite the hell out of me when I see em. How could 400+ N/A hp from the factory, mid 12 second timeslips STOCK, Brembo brakes, & factory HID's not excite you??? With a drop that thing would look tits.

I will be getting one used in a couple of years... I already tried to look into 1, but I refuse to, & can't afford to pay $700+ a month for a car.

+1,000!

--------------------

silver n black
¯
Member # 8369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silver n black  Ford pictures for silver n black    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All u guys want one , well I want two !!! a coupe n a vert
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

yea I got excited fur shur when I saw dat 5.0, that thing jus looks sexy man. They could work on the rear a lil bit but fuckit jus put sum clean ass saleen wing on it and were gud. I'll be glad to wait a couple of years to pick one up

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5.0s are sick..now the race is on to see what califord member will be the first to get one!
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im with 50 deep, they dont look all that good.
strokingmyfords
¯
Member # 8952

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for strokingmyfords  Ford pictures for strokingmyfords    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would like to take the drivetrain and put it in a fox or a Sn [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 cobra mustang 347 stroker 10.90 @ 124 1.48 60ft in redding
01 7.3 powerstroke 30#psi stock turbo
90 mustang gt wife's

Posts: 173 | From: redding\sac | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
100% BADASS CARS N/A FORD CAME HARD WITH THIS CAR
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
5.0s are sick..now the race is on to see what califord member will be the first to get one!

there is one that has one already
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:

yeah theyre bad ass cars..only thing that needs to grow on me is that rear.. as far as that 700monthly..all u gotta do is put 15k down to lower the monthly or just pay cash. [Razz]

[ July 25, 2010, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd get one if they were a little less, but I'll give it a year or two.
I want one, I don't care for the rear of it but it'll grow on me I'm sure..
Wonder how much they'll go for next year.. [Confused]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love what ford is doing with the mustang, but at face value the styling is not the best i think they could of done. The components inculded and engineering is off the chain, but the overall look of base models is not all that great to me, especially from the rear. However the 2011 GT500 I like quite well

I get excited when I see a 95 Viper GTS, I Get excited when I see the Ford GT, and my panties get wet when I see a 03/04 cobra. Many fox guys were the same way with the sn-95 cars when they came out, but they eventually grew on people.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
yeah theyre bad ass cars..only thing that needs to grow on me is that rear.. as far as that 700monthly..all u gotta do is put 15k down to lower the monthly or just pay cash. [Razz]

The rear had to grow on me too, but I like them now. Especially with the GT500 wing & a nice drop.

As far as putting $15k down, thats easier said than done, for me at least LOL....

[ July 26, 2010, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definetely can't wait to mingle with a new 5.0....... [worship]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vendicated_03gt  Ford pictures for vendicated_03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at vendicated ma boi has one these things is fast i tell you. !!

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt
o/r xpipe,cat back, AEM intake, C&L mass, 3.73 gears, PP tb,PP Elbow

Posts: 616 | From: Cen*Cal 209 Manteca-Los Banos | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com