Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » personal loan question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: personal loan question
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so im trying to get a newer truck cuz riding my crotch rocket everyday is getting old and i cant carry anything on it. basically what i want to do is instead of getting an auto loan and have to pay full coverage on a car plus sr22 i want to just get a personal loan and pay cash for the truck. does anyone have any experience doing this and if so what are your interest rates like. lookin for around 8,000

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll have to have TITS credit in order to get an unsecured loan nowadays. Credit unions are your only chance, the bigger banks will not give out a personal loan like that.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://www.golden1.com/ProductsServices/Rates/ratedetails.aspx?rid=24&l=en
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are better off getting an auto loan. Personal loan interest rates are much higher in general that that of an auto loan. Which eventually will cost you more in the long run. Also in order to obtain a loan for 8k the business is going to want collateral property to put a lien on. The only way around that is to have perfect credit and an extremely low debt to income ratio. Which includes all possible open lines of credit you could use, even if the balances are low or paid off. As Yaterstang said you will be extremely hard pressed to obtain an unsecured loan.

What I have seen done is opening a credit card with an 8k or more limit and just purchasing the car by pulling money from that. However you need bomb ass credit, low debt to income, and a nice monthly income to obtain that kind of balance.

Good luck tho

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Crap they are chargin 13-14 percent. Im sure if your credit is good enough to qualify for that, you'd be better off just getting a car loan. Full coverage insurance is never a bad idea anyways.
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy hell i had no idea they would be that high. the only thing im scared of is getting raped on the full coverage with the sr22 because i have a dui plus being 23 the insurance companies love to stick it up my ass. my creadit should be 700 or higher, i havent checked it in a while but right now im only in debt like 230 bucks

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

You might not have enough trade lines, trade lines are lines of credit that are required by the bank to determine how you can handle multiple credit accounts. They usually want to see you with 2-3 trade lines before giving out a personal loan like that otherwise they will decline you for lack of credit history. Paying that bullshit SR22 is part of owning up and handling your shit. You know you need a truck or some sort of vehicle here before the rain starts coming again, sell me your bike and you might have enough for a truck! Watcha got?
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy a bucket.... I got a DUI/ wet and reckless when I was 21.... Your insurance will be off the hook for at least 2 years. That said, buy a bucket and don't pay hella money for insurance.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
Buy a bucket.... I got a DUI/ wet and reckless when I was 21.... Your insurance will be off the hook for at least 2 years. That said, buy a bucket and don't pay hella money for insurance.

BINGO!
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personal loans always have a much higher interest rate than auto loans. Check out a credit union and see if you can get a line of credit. My ex bought a car on a credit line and the interest was only 7%-ish.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
You might not have enough trade lines, trade lines are lines of credit that are required by the bank to determine how you can handle multiple credit accounts. They usually want to see you with 2-3 trade lines before giving out a personal loan like that otherwise they will decline you for lack of credit history. Paying that bullshit SR22 is part of owning up and handling your shit. You know you need a truck or some sort of vehicle here before the rain starts coming again, sell me your bike and you might have enough for a truck! Watcha got?

ive got two lines of credit that ive had open for almost 3 years so i think that wont be a problem. i know i just gotta suck it up with the sr22 just tryin to save a few bucks where i can. and i definetly need a truck for work and i really dont want a bucket because i drove a bucket mustang for 8 years and im ready for a nice ride.......as for the bike its a 99 cbr600 with a ton of suspension work and a few different bolt ons along with a set of cams thrown in it......always thinking of selling it

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com