Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do we have any mobile mechanics here? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do we have any mobile mechanics here?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious I may need to have some work done on a couple of my rides, but not sure if I feel like doing the towing thing. Feel free to PM me.

Just to give you and idea. Need some suspension work done on a 72 monte and a 67 New Yorker (control arm bushings).

[ July 19, 2010, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think fasthatch is mobile... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:

+1

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:
quote:

+1
LMAO!
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's nothing "mobile" about either of those jobs, unless someone wants to monkey-fukk those bushings with a install tool or they roll with a 12 ton press in their vehicle. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LMAO... I was going to post the same exact thing, but thought it'd be too messed up.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
There's nothing "mobile" about either of those jobs, unless someone wants to monkey-fukk those bushings with a install tool or they roll with a 12 ton press in their vehicle. [Wink]

John your a gentleman and a scholar. The few folks that pm's all said the same thing.

Thanks playa.

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's also a guy named racirx that does towing here too. [Razz]
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

sorry got an job already that pays
FORDNUT
CAFords OG
Member # 2348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDNUT  Ford pictures for FORDNUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can usually get those bushings out and installed with a vise and an air hammer..
Or in the car with a porta press.

Posts: 650 | From: Elk Grove,CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

sorry got an job already that pays
Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg

LMAO

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

FORDNUT
CAFords OG
Member # 2348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDNUT  Ford pictures for FORDNUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can usually get those bushings out and installed with a vise and an air hammer..

Whoever you have do them throw alil tack weld on the bushing to keep them from walking.

Posts: 650 | From: Elk Grove,CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by FORDNUT:

Whoever you have do them throw alil tack weld on the bushing to keep them from walking.

Thanks man. JohnB scared me straight. Car(s) going to the shop tomorrow.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The saga continues! Lol
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

lol going to the shop where the mech is going to air hammer them in and out.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

lol going to the shop where the mech is going to air hammer them in and out.
Well the specialize in this area is what I meant. It wont be done in my garage. [patriot]
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't mean to scare ya N8, but with the sheer number of hack jobs going on...anyone "mobile" who comes to do this without the right tools is gonna fukk it up. The Monte ones are straight forward, but I guarantee very few people know how to set the New Yorker up correctly after all is apart. I personally only know of 1 person on this board who I could ask and they would know...we both messed with Mopars many moons ago.

Good luck to ya.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Didn't mean to scare ya N8, but with the sheer number of hack jobs going on...anyone "mobile" who comes to do this without the right tools is gonna fukk it up. The Monte ones are straight forward, but I guarantee very few people know how to set the New Yorker up correctly after all is apart. I personally only know of 1 person on this board who I could ask and they would know...we both messed with Mopars many moons ago.

Good luck to ya.

LOL and WHO would that be, John?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

No idea Dan...no idea at all. Torsion bars FTW!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

Good luck to ya.

No worries man. I like the honesty. PM me who that 1 person is. I am curious...lol
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Good luck to ya.

No worries man. I like the honesty. PM me who that 1 person is. I am curious...lol
U serious????

I thought you were smarter than that??

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Good luck to ya.

U serious????

I thought you were smarter than that??

Well I got my answer...hahahha. I kinda figured as much [patriot]
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol I worked for Dodge for 5 years so I could do it but I dont do mobile repair and I am to far and to busy for side work. Torrsion bars are no big deal.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
lol I worked for Dodge for 5 years so I could do it but I dont do mobile repair and I am to far and to busy for side work. Torrsion bars are no big deal.

hell ford used torrsion bar up to 2004 toyota used them there not hard to do at all
06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06Xrunner  Ford pictures for 06Xrunner  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Don't waste your time with his hack job shit work! Pay for it to get fixed correctly the FIRST time, or you will have to pay to get it fixed right after the first idiot screws it up!

[ July 22, 2010, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: 06Xrunner ]

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold
1984 Buick G/N Built and boosting...

Posts: 2124 | From: Chico, Ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com