Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Just had my first Post-College job interview!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Just had my first Post-College job interview!
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went well considering I had two days from the time they called me to prepare. I felt comfortable with the panel who interviewed me but on the exercises they had me do on the computer (Arc map GIS program) It took me a little while to get the hang of it again.

I'm pretty happy that I got a call back, I was one of 95 applicants and one of 7 being interviewed.

oh yea, the job is a GIS Internship with a regional open space district [patriot]

How are all the other recent college grads on here doing on finding jobs??

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats! Hope you get the job.

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraChick:
Congrats! Hope you get the job.

+1 and a [Whoo Whooooo!] for you

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope you get that
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
G>I.S. is a good field. i wanted to do it before i decided to go another route.. you a geography major?

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck out there, haven't graduated college yet but I've been very very fortunate to have a job.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck playa....Fresh out of Uni I nailed my first job interview. I hate panel interviews...lol.
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hanson:
G>I.S. is a good field. i wanted to do it before i decided to go another route.. you a geography major?

yea I am a geography major. I didn't specialize in GIS although looking back I probably should have because that is where the majority of the jobs are. I'm just crossing my fingers on this one because it's the agency I really want to work for.

And the panel interview didn't bug me really at all. They all seemed like they would be chill co-workers

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
quote:

yea I am a geography major. I didn't specialize in GIS although looking back I probably should have because that is where the majority of the jobs are. I'm just crossing my fingers on this one because it's the agency I really want to work for.

And the panel interview didn't bug me really at all. They all seemed like they would be chill co-workers

Congrats man. It always feels good to make it to the next level in the narrowing-down process. Best of luck making it the rest of the way.
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Went well considering I had two days from the time they called me to prepare. I felt comfortable with the panel who interviewed me but on the exercises they had me do on the computer (Arc map GIS program) It took me a little while to get the hang of it again.

I'm pretty happy that I got a call back, I was one of 95 applicants and one of 7 being interviewed.

oh yea, the job is a GIS Internship with a regional open space district [patriot]

How are all the other recent college grads on here doing on finding jobs??

Congrats bro and good luck..... to give everyone an idea of how bad the job market is for highly educated people, My wife has been unemployed over 2 years now. My wife holds an AA,BS and an MBA from Cal State Hayward and has only recently started getting interviews. Heres some recent "passes" but not good enoughs.
City of SF, ranked 41st of over 4000 applicants
Alameda County, ranked 5th of over 3000 applicants
2 diff. City of Oakland jobs ranked 8th and 13th respectively.
Its tough out there right now. So again congrats and good luck [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Yea its definitely slim pickings out there right now and companies that do have position openings are hand picking the best of the best. Just have to find some way to stand out above the rest I guess...

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

ya G.I.S. is the way to go, decent money doing it too. you can always take refresher or specialized courses or you could learn more if you get the new job. I was looking at it when i was a geography major but then it got to complicated with math. best of luck bro

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com