Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who has been to Chicago??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who has been to Chicago??
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heading to chicago for a few days. I know if i don't plan anything i'll probably just be sitting at my cousins place all day. i'll have a car to drive around in. Wanna know if there are any members here that have been there. any nice places out there i should visit??

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cruse the city... that place is beautiful. There is a lot to see

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to cubs game
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Museum of science and industry. Museum of Natural history. Dude if you're willing to drive check out Beggars Pizza. There's a few locations. Cubs stadium is always nice. Sears tower as well. Just a few ideas.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Navy Pier
Willis Tower (was Sears Tower)
Mike Ditka's Steakhouse

Careful with directions. East Wacker Drive, North Wacker, South Wacker, Wacker Wacker.
I don't know who Wacker was but he has a lot of roads named after him.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a lot to see my old lady's family is from Chicago been there twice in the last few months. Tons of stuff to see and the food alone is worth the trip, check out Al's #1 beef for an Italian Beef sandwich and don't wear a Cubs hat on the South Side LOL It's a real easy city to navigate just don't get lost. Parking dowtown is super Pricey, Sox games are fun as hell and pizza is all about preference Beggar's for non deep dish, Pizzeria Uno or Lou Malnati's for Deep Dish and Giordano's if you want Stuffed.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for all the ideas. just trying to have a good little vacation. I've been locked up at work all summer.6 days a week and then on my day off i always seem to be working still. lol. just gotta take a little breather from work.

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to try Garretts popcorn. Sounds weird but that popcorn is like drugs. I still order it shipped to my house this very day...lol.

Chi-town is a beautiful place. Downtown is nice with lots of shopping. Lots of nice jook joints and dives too. Try the off the wall places to eat at as well.

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What neighborhood does your cousin stay in?
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am goin to chicago sometime this summer and i seen als italian beef sandwhich on the travel channel before. seems like a coo place to visit.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
I am goin to chicago sometime this summer and i seen als italian beef sandwhich on the travel channel before. seems like a coo place to visit.

You eat that once you will love it, it's bigger in Chicago then the pizza is and the surprising thing to me was they have some of the best Mexican food in Chicago too.
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:

You eat that once you will love it, it's bigger in Chicago then the pizza is and the surprising thing to me was they have some of the best Mexican food in Chicago too.
hell yeah that makes me look foward to going, als sandwiches, pizza, and MEXICAN FOOD!! o yeah and of course the sights.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a badass steak, check out Gibson's Steak house, and also East Side deep dish pizza for some serious deep dish.

Mike

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com