Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » need some help on new car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need some help on new car
Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i have a 2008 ford focus with 33,XXX.. im bout to pay it off next week. truth is i dont like the car . ford pissed me off with this POS. im thinking bout trying to some more a lil grown . bmw M3 or 7 class , or g35 or g35s . what are the pros and cons ?????? i'm doing my homework this time [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]
p.s or if u noe of any other cars better then those [patriot] [patriot]

[ June 17, 2010, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Sk8OnGlass ]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what didnt you like about the focus?

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

ok so where do i start lol , when i was thinking bout getting the car, they said its mpg was 35+ or sum . its 28mpg. it already need alignment on all 4 wheels . i have prob. with the hands free , it dont read my iphone most of the time . carpet is coming out of the corners and where u step in n out as-well, and over all its a family car i have no wife or kids . im fee as a bird. [Confused] [Confused] my cd's get stuck some times, the 12V. to plug stuff in dont work . thats just a few things that bug me . [Mad]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like those g35 4 doors, they are a lot quicker than you would think.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my Bimmer! Stay away from the 3 series though, the quality isn't there like in the 5 or 7's are.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the m3 would be a fun DD, I own a bmw 7. service intervals (oil changes,brakes,coolant changes,etc) can be a bit costly.
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I looked at 328's and g37's and ended up with an a4...I love it and do not regret my decisionat all

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my mom owns a '05 g35 coupe and she loves it. it has about 90k miles now and not a single problem. it's never gone back to the dealer or to a shop for anything. it's pretty quick and handles decent for what it is. the new g37 coupe is probably a better improvement too. check it out.
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forget the imports and go get yourself a 2011 6cyl Mustang if your worried about MPG.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0904_2011_ford_mustang_v6_ride/camaro_challenger_impressions.html

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Forget the imports and go get yourself a 2011 6cyl Mustang if your worried about MPG.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0904_2011_ford_mustang_v6_ride/camaro_challenger_impressions.html

i know this is a mustang site but dont buy a weak v6.. i know its very nice and all but your whole life people will ask you is it a gt??are you gay??jk

[ June 18, 2010, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
quote:

i know this is a mustang site but dont buy a weak v6.. i know its very nice and all but your whole life people will ask you is it a gt??are you gay??jk
Weak V6? Since when was 305 HP weak? That V6 will school more then half the owner's cars on this site I bet! Granted it's no GT - but not even close to being weak with those #'s. I think Ford did a good job with this one....we'll see how reliable it turns out to be...

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with Infinity or Lexus. The pros are they are seriously fucking reliable and are nice cars to ride in and drive.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

thanks for the above info. ^^^^^^^ [patriot] ok , so im not going to get a mustang , i have a few of those already and still workin on them.. plus i just cant drive a v6 even tho the numbers are good..i feel you on the 3 series just not all there to all the other series. I'll look at the a4 tho, what are some good years on that car?? i do like the g35s a lot but i think bmw is better looking .. [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It all depends on what you're looking for in the car. My brother owns a '98 M3 with only chip/exhaust and it takes most 350z/g35 on the streets. Also the handling on the M3 is insane! You can take on ramps at 80+ and still have perfect control over it. But if you want a luxurious type sports car then g35 is for you.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

luxurious type sports car is what im looking for .. have some fun and be able to look grown at the same time .. [Confused]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get an m37 or m5 just cuz they are beautiful

[ June 18, 2010, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
Get an m37 or m5 just cuz they are beautiful

My exact thoughts. An all black M35 or M37 sports sedan is SEX!!!! M5's are pretty sick too but cost $$$

A more important question is what is your price range?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you thought of Porsche? Maintenance is not that bad if you do it yourself.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/1791107666.html

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about you forget everything mentioned, and go treat yourself to a Shelby GT500, or an 03-04 Cobra, I wouldnt spend money on a BMW, G35, etc...but the key word here is "I wouldnt" so thats me, its just an opinion, an M5 looks good...I just cant turn down a cobra...

Or get yourself a 2010 Yamaha R1, lots of low end torque on two wheels, its a badass bike...since ur "free as a bird"...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

That porsche is like having a v6 mustang. You might think you look cool until a Turbo shows up and exposes you for the vag you are.
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
e55 amg and call it a day [patriot]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by autumnstang97:
How about you forget everything mentioned, and go treat yourself to a Shelby GT500, or an 03-04 Cobra, I wouldnt spend money on a BMW, G35, etc...but the key word here is "I wouldnt" so thats me, its just an opinion, an M5 looks good...I just cant turn down a cobra...

Or get yourself a 2010 Yamaha R1, lots of low end torque on two wheels, its a badass bike...since ur "free as a bird"...

always have that debate running through my head when ever i browse cars, which seems to be weekly even though i have more than what i need. for 30k u sure open up your choices on "fun" 2 door cars but when u take into consideration what is more practical u end up compromising that selection to a 4door/family oriented cars. the challenge for me is to find a car that fits way too broad of a spectrum of requirements like luxury, performance, sedan, great gas mileage, daily driver friendly.
this fits many of the requirements but is a pretty penny and is a bit more than what i want to spend on a ride.
288hp all electric of course
0-60 3.6s
range 245miles
$50k estimated base
damn sexy ass car.
 -
 -

-

[ June 19, 2010, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
quote:

That porsche is like having a v6 mustang. You might think you look cool until a Turbo shows up and exposes you for the vag you are.
Your statement is like comparing apples to oranges.

A Turbo Porsche is going to expose a lot more cars than a 996 including a M3,G35 and probably your own car. And it should with the money that they cost. Sk8onglass is rolling a focus right now any one of these cars is going to feel like a major improvement to what he has.

As for the 996, it has 296HP stock and will do the 1/4 in the 13 second rage, handles great, stops great, roughly same price range and has all the luxury you could want. Pretty comparable option to the G35.

[ June 20, 2010, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ok after lookin at the cars and bikes and oh yea that white one is so sexy .. Looks like I'm going with 2 door g35s , motor is like a baby cobra lol v6 32v . I think that's why that car sounds so sick with a good catback .. Thanks every one for your 2cents on this topic!!
P.s I'm going to wait and get it on my bday in dec. Still doin hmw on the g35 .So if anyone knows anythang better lmk . [patriot]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com